Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 1, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #151 falvo, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    I don't think it mattered today. Buffon was crying like a baby after the elimination and he didn't even play against Samp. Giorgio Chiellini was the only one who played against Sweden and Federico Bernardeschi came on late in that game so I don't really see the correlation.The only affect I saw was there was a two week national team break and Dybala not starting.

I guess Italy's WC elimination is a great topic for journalists to write more articles about but I don't believe the national team getting eliminated will give Juventus this tremendous or lasting traumatic psychological effect. I just don't see any evidence of how it will hurt Juve.

Daei_10 repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOuldnt mind if Allegri left this season. I was his biggest supporter but i think he has completely lost the plot. This teAm needs a fresh idea & with all the depth we have we need to play better.

We havent had a good game all season. We are doing shit against even the decent teams of Serie A; Lazio Atalanta Sampdoria

Either we pick this shit up NOW or season will be over before xmas

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Really hope we dont see Sami in games against teams outside of the likes Udinese and Cagliari. He should be below Bentancur in pecking order at this point.

thinredline10 repped this.
  4. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Napoli looks like they are going to run away with this season barring any serious injuries, they are basically the Man City of Serie A this season.

People who need to be sold before they have no value...

Asamoah ( prob will only get 3- 5 million tops for him)
    Cuadrado ( Sell before his suck is revealed to ignorant EPL teams)
    Khedira
    Lichtsteiner
    Benatia

People to buy

Darmian
    Bring in Spinazzola and Caldara (make sure it happens)

DO NOT BRING IN EMRE CAN unless you want apathy and slow motion movement on this team.

I want Max to go because he is rediculous hard on Paulo, constantly dick rides Gonzalo and Juan... unless Paulo was hurt, I do not understand why you are so habitual in sitting and not playing one of the best 3 players on the team and maybe the only future star we have?

Someone try to justify why Max is so quick to take him out of games but lets Juan fester in his shit play on the field....

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    He has been done since the CL final, he got exposed in that game very badly... people seem to forget his fatal DDR tier own goal and how his play afterwards was very similar to DDR in the first leg.

We were very lucky that Pirlo came in and became a successful and consistant player when he was considered done by the other teams... it seems we have been trying to force that since that transfer.

I really cant make a fair evaluation on Gonzalo, on one hand he scores a lot, but maybe not enough for 90 million. But the toxic ego he brings with him on the field, the constant selfish calling for balls, the being so quick to yell at his mates if they dont give him service he wants... this can not be good for the team.

Paulo scored 22 goals his first season and then Gonzalo comes around and he has been relegated to being gonzalos service man, on top of that... Max doesnt start him as much as he does Gonzalo and Max often pulls him but will leave Gonzalo on the field.

This can not be good for a team.

Here is a question....

Does Gonzalo want to win and score goals for Juventus? Or does he want it for himself to validate his ego and get revenge Real Madrid kicking him out and the National Team leaving him at home?

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Higuain's transfer has definitely had a negative affect on the team overall. I noticed him being a douche yelling at teammates a couple of times today and I've rarely seen that behavior from anyone else at Juve since iv become a fan (other than Pogba). The transfer has negatively affected Dybala, I mean its been 2 seasons now and they still cant form a proper partnership. Wish we kept Pogba.

7. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Few Real Concerns

- At the 70th Minute, Sami watches his man make a side ways pass and does run to him to apply pressure or try and block his shot... which became the 2nd goal.
    (at the 5 minute mark in the video highlights below)

- Giorgio continues his trend of being afraid to get stuck in on that man and just turns his back on his shot and sticks out a foot blindly. Some day, a skilled player is just going to run right past him and really make him look silly... and possibly done at this level. ( same 5 minute mark in link)

- Khedira throws his hands up appealing for foul on other side of field and STOPS PLAYING allow his mark to run right past him and tap in a goal... he literally stoped playing ( 5 minute, 50 seconds in video link)

- Juan tries to play hero ball and volley a cross outside of the 18 and puts it in the stands ( 1 min, 50 seconds in link)

- Juan misses Gonzalos unmark run into the box and plays a horrid well behind an open Mario in the box ( 2 minute 20 seconds)

- Juan had 3 Juve players open back post and decides to play hero ball and try to shoot right at the keeper who closed down his shooting angles ( 2 minute, 25 seconds in link)

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME PEOPLE?

8. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Honestly Paul was more of the same... there are team player types, guys who listen to coach, guys who want their mates to have success, guys who will go back and sacrifice for the team, guys who take pride is the dirty work...

and then there are the Hero types who but into the ego of their personality which is exacerbated by todays media, they love hearing their name in transfer rumors, they love to see their name on stat lines, they constantly want to score, etc...

Paul really looked a lot like Gonzalo in his final year when he got the number 10 jersey, he quit tackling as much, didnt run as much, tried shooting every chance he got, the same animated expressions after he missed on shots,

I do not see this from Paulo really at all... you can tell he gets upset when he is subbed out, but anyone would get mad at this when you see a 30 year old man (Gonzalo) getting premium play time in nearly all the games and especially when its also happening in games before CL matches.

Who do you sit before a big CL game to rest them? A 30 year old selfish Gonzalo or the 23 year old unselfish Paulo?

Max is doing a good job at pushing Paulo out of this team... its nothing we havent seen before tho. Juan will no doubt get the start in the next CL game, but he plays a full 90 tonight when Berna could have been slid over to his spot?

9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    He definately muffed that no doubt.... but why did the center attacking mid even have to come back into his own box? And Licht was the guy who got mossed by the goal scorer on it. I actually saw some very good movement and passes in the final third from Berna as he played in a spot he is not used to today.

Everyones play resulted in this result... except Paulo who shoulda been starting.

Sami did not even make an effort to defend on two shots that turned into goals and Giorgio turned his back on it like he was scared to take a shot to the thigh or nuts.

Gonzalos constant missed shots
    Juans poor crosses and selfish shots and him being unable to pick up a pass in front of the keeper
    Asamoahs poor defense and build up play
    Lichtsteiners inability to win a 1v1 air challenge
    Samis constant casual defending and pressure application

10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli will not run away with the title. It will be either us, Roma, or Inter. Roma is better than Napoli by quite a bit. It was a fluke how Napoli beat them at Stadio Olympico.

I believe Inter is as well. I still think we will win the Scudetto. Napoli play Udinese in Udine next week, a place where their record is horrible, and not having Ghoulam does not help.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's likely because of the calls to do the opposite. Once he thinks he's getting challenged, he gets even more stuck in. Hope he stays with you guys though, I don't want him running the national team.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Max's line-ups when we are facing a CL fixture show he is prioritizing the CL over the League this year. That is one of the reasons we mainly bought attackers over the summer.

Since the league is stronger and deeper this year that is a dangerous strategy to employ - IF were mean to win the Scudetto. You simply can't play a weakened side like he did today against strong team on the road and expect to get away with it.

Looks like we will finally have a full squad going forward so it will be interesting to see who plays when and where.

Frankly, today's loss was a bit unlucky. We dominated the first 55-60 minutes of that game and their first goal was a fluke and came on their only shot. Then we got discombobulated, which has become all too frequent when we go behind.

If the D doesn't completely collapse and let in 2 preventable goals, we walk away with at least a point. But our defense is clearly not the stone wall of even last season.

This team is in transition, and it is too early to tell how that all works out. Most of the starters from the last couple of years will be gone or in reduced roles over the next 2 years so we are at a critical point now. We must keep our younger stars/potential stars and buy better replacements for departing stars than we have now. Will we?

13. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It doesn't matter that he's prioritizing the CL. We suck and are not even close to winning it this tear. This full squad will have someone sold yet again (and it's not even full so...) because that's the MO with Marotta and co. around.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus is far from finished. They were relegated to the Serie B and won six straight scudetti five years later with two CL runner ups in the last 3 years. No team in Italy can match their record and I doubt there are many clubs in the world who would come close. Of course there is bound to be a setback sooner or later but I would never count out Juventus.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got a chance to watch the game, this is what happens when you put a weakened lineup out there. Asamoah was pure garbage, Lichtsteiner sucked too. Khedira? fthatshit he was AWFUL and was directly at fault on the third goal. Cuadrado? Lol Bernardeschi was garbage too. Pjanic had a bad game, little consistency this season from him. Allegri wait too long for his subs as well. Management went all out for the attack, now they need to overhaul the middle of the defense. Rugani is never going to be a world class defender, sad to say. Chiellini is no longer his reliable self.

Oh and ******** Darmian, he’s garbage.

ArtemioD repped this.
  16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why do you even bring him up? He is not even our player.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Should I bother to watch this match? We always suck after the international break. Need to get our heads straight.

19. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not if you value your time. Unless you are just looking for background noise to drink to.

20. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what’s crazy? We are giving up way more goals it seems like this year, opponents scoring easily by passing in the middle and our guys unable to deflect those balls and mark the players while our goalkeepers stand still and watch to ball go past them...
    The defense is in its all time worst!

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he was mentioned in a page back, or maybe two pages back. Keep up.

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have forgotten how to defend and our midfield is dead. We cant even intercept balls anymore. To think we had a midfield of pirlo pogba vidal and marchisio to this shit. And this is after selling our stars and spending like 400M ?
    I knew this was gonna happen. Marotta sells us short each time yet people keep praising him cuz of a couple of good deals here and there but fail to see his fukk ups everywhere else

Im still waiting to see us beat a good team this year. So far we haven’t and we got 4 huge games coming up next 30 days

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    And yet.......Pipita should have scored in the first couple of minutes and Cuadrado was played straight through and should have put that in.

Thise 2 goals go in and it is a completely different game. We dominated up until their fluke goal went in, then fell apart.

The last part is an issue and I think Chiellio and Barzag have a point. Too many new faces in the back or old faces like Licht just not up to it any more. Time to move the new guys like Howdes in and see what he has. We ares tuck on the left side with Sandro the only decent option.

Max is going to have to earn his keep over the next month and a half or we could be out of both the CL and the Scudetto.

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watched this game twice. Sampdoria is a good team and deserves the win BUT they were VERY lucky. Juve was unlucky.

Allegri is testing things out and I don't want him to put out the same lineup week in week out. What was amazing is how they fought back from 3 down. That's the bright side. Dybala and Costa really put on a show.

@Dante you are going overboard on how badly our players are doing. This team is shaping up and if we can get past the group stages and keep our head on straight they will steam roller teams in the second half of the season.

juveeer, Falc and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the game? Asamoah was utter garbage, Khedira, how can you make an excuse for him? He was literally standing there with his hands up watching Ferrara go right by him to tap the ball into the net. MARK YOUR MAN, don't stand there with your hands up. Cuadrado was being Cuadrado and let's be honest, Panic has not been able to string together consistent performances this season. Some games he's been great and others he's been, not great. Even Mandzukic had a poor game. I see people complaining about Higuain, but he was putting everything he had into that. He was all over the pitch and tried hard, a shame that the service was lacking.

At this point in the season, when playing this stretch of games, you shouldn't be testing out lineups. Everyone knows that Samp is a strong side and has been playing well, why field a weekend lineup like that? No reason not to start Matuidi, Alex Sandro and Douglas Costa. You want to rest people, rest them on Sunday against Crotone. When's the last time that Allegri started the same back 4 in two games in a row? Consistency is key and there's no very little consistency this season.

ArtemioD repped this.