Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 1, 2017.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Plus any team that is committed to defending with 11 behind the ball is not going to be easy to breakdown. Pjanic would have helped no doubt, but nearly everytime someone got into the box, they were surrounded by 2-3 guys or more making creating anything in there very difficult.

Not every game is going to be a masterpiece. You have to win games like this to win the league and the good news is even though we have become a lot more attack oriented and not as strong defensively as we have been in the past, we are still gutting wins like this out.

Let's face it. The league is more competitive at the top this year. More quality opponents to challenge us. But....despite that, If Dybala converse those 2 PKs we wouldn't have dropped any points this year.

We need to continue to improve and keep playing hard.

And the Wins will come.

phat and Dante repped this.
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rugani made that awful clearance that forced Sandro to cut in and tackle for that ball that lead to the free kick which Benevento scored from. It was like Rugani was heading the ball just to head it, a shame that it was going directly in the path of the Benevento player.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pirlo has announced his retirement. Goodbye Maestro, it was great watching you play

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It's easy to say this after the fact, but Benavento never looked like they were going to get out of Turin with a win. Juve didn't play well, but created a ton of chances.

They are leaking goals at the moment which is forcing them to come from behind, but these goals are coming off of limited chances. This keeps getting repeated, but at some point opposing teams won't score on their 1 or 2 chances on target. When that happens, Juve will really start to hit form.

5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Following the international break, Juve will enter one of the most brutal/crucial parts of their schedule.

@ Samp
    Barca
    Crotone
    @ Napoli
    @ Olympiacos
    Inter
    @ Bologna
    Roma

This 8 match stretch will go a long way toward telling us where this team is at.

juveeer repped this.
  6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh like Pjanic hasnt been part of ugly games? We havent played free flowing football this whole season.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  7. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not to mention isn't part of the reason for the shift to thr 4-2-3-1 that the midfield had a reduced role to play in the build up as we should have 4 players ready to be involved in the attach at any time? Pjanic might help sure, but the pathetic lack of fluidity and cost:goal ratio in our attack is pathetic. They should've been reliant on the mf anymore for attaching success.

Daei_10 repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what free flowing has to do with balls coming from the middle, but ok. The discussion was play coming from the wings.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    WTF are you guys arguing about? Does everything always have to be viewed in the negative? One would think we lost the other day reading these posts.

St. Michael's Sword, phat and juveeer repped this.
  10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to me the game has a much better flow when Marchisio is on. Ideally i like both cuz they can both distribute the ball...whether its thru the middle or the wings. we have invested in wingers so its natural our best attack should come from the wings. at the moment with 2 mids, it'll be tough for us anywhere because Dybala isnt a midfielder and players like Manzu or Cuadrado have to keep helping out, which takes away from their attacking roles on the wings. Also Dybala loses the ball so much in the middle of the field it makes it tough for our mid. We need the creativity and distribution of both pjanic and marchisio to be successful and a destroyer like Matuidi to help out. I dont see this team beating good teams with this formation, unless we really get the attack going.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped reading right here. Thanks for the reply though.

scirea6 repped this.
  12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would like to see :

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
    Marchisio - Pjanic - Bentancur
    Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - MDS
    - Buffon -​

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No Mandzukic? He has to be a starting player.

I'd just go back to a 4-3-1-2 formation and play Dybala behind Mandzukic and Higuain.

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It a very strong and balanced lineup I would love to see.

Mandzukic can alternate with Costa just like Matuidi with Marchisio and Keidira with Bentancur. Cuadrado or Bernadeschi with Dybala.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala & Bernardeschi as mezzala behind Higuain or Mandzukic would work as well.

phat and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah that would be great too. I honestly think Bernardeschi is a better player than Douglas Costa. Both are good, but Bernardeschi is a good bit younger and has more potential. Also more flexible in positioning.

17. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Basically just that Dybala and Higuain were overpriced.

Falc repped this.
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Not possible.

We freely agreed to pay the asking prices and the other clubs agreed to accept them as welll, so they were priced at "market value" by definition.

19. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    One of my favorite players of the post-Calciopoli era. I remember when the club announced his signing, and I was so happy that I would have the privilege to see Andrea Pirlo wear a Juventus shirt.

Little did we know just what a shrewd signing he would be. The benefit of hindsight makes it seem more fated than it actually was at the time, but it seems so fitting that our success on the pitch was revived in part by an AC Milan legend who now retires as a Juventus hero.

La Repubblica is reporting that there’s already an offer to become a club ambassador waiting for Andrea if he wants it, and I hope it’s true (I haven’t been able to find any mention of it in Tuttosport, so I’m inclined to doubt that it is). If it is, I’d love to see him take the job.

St. Michael's Sword and Falc repped this.
  20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How mature of you

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why waste time reading something when the argument is started with an absurd statement.

Next thing you know you'll be telling us that Marcos Alonso and Azplicueta are great fullbacks.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about David Alaba?

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They aren't? :eek::p

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rate him A LOT higher than Alonso and Azpilicueta, and I do mean a lot.

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah me too. Alaba is the only player I would be willing to replace Sandro with.