Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Our best player, should start as a striker with douglas and Dybala behind him in a 4321.

2. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm okay with Mandzukic starting just as long as he is not on the left wing. Allegri need to rotate him and Higuain at centre-forward so as not to have them both jaded and tired come the business end of the season. I like the 3-4-2-1 especially with Howedes in the back.

3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched the game. A couple take-a-ways for me are Benatia was solid, as was the rest of the back 3. They didn't have a whole lot to do but sniffed out a lot of the passes going into the forwards and got into the attack very well (shoutout to Howedes finally getting into the team). Douglas Costa was extremely dangerous and puts in a very inviting cross to poachers like Higuain and Mandzukic. I like the idea of going with the 3-4-2-1 and 4-3-2-1 from here on out. I would prefer the 4-3-2-1 to add the creativity and midfield solidity if Mandzukic starts on the left in place of Costa. Mandzukic is going to cause selection problems for Allegri. Hopefully Dybala can assimilate quickly to his outside forward position, he struggled to influence the game until later.

I really like the idea of going with the following lineup:

-------------Buffon
    Howedes--Rugani-Chiellini--A. Sandro
    -------------------Pjanic
    ------Marchisio--------Matuidi
    ---Dybala--------------------Mandzukic
    -----------------Higuain

D. Costa can easily slot in for Mandzukic
    Additionally, MDS could play RB and move Howedes over for Rugani.

Be brave Juventus and it's all possible!

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    3-4-3 looked sharp and fits our personnel better than 3-4-2-1.

Even the old 3-5-2 will work if we can play Blaise and Claudio on each side of Pjanic, but that puts Costa on the bench.

Howedes looked good in the center of the 3 man backline. Not sold on Licht as the wide man in the 3-4 -3. Would prefer Cuadrado or MdS who did well when he came on. Even Berna if we need more attacking power late in the game, but he needs to work on his D.

Crotone, yes, but they played 10 men behind the ball for most of the game and we were solid like we used to be in the back. Something to build on.

Will be interesting to see how and what Max does on Friday.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Friday is make or break, we have to beat Napolshit in order to receive a much needed boost in momentum going into December

6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I spoke a lot about Costa, but if it seemed like I suggest him over Mario, then i must have not taken care with what I wrote.

My preference is actually Costa on the right instead of Juan, I wouldnt mind seeing Gonzalo taken out some games and seeing Mario slid into his striker roll while Costa and and Berna man the wings with Paulo sitting behind Mario.

Mario and Paulo switching spots could be interesting as well... its been a long time since Paulo got to be the man closest to goal.

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Dybala does not have the pace or the first touch to play on the wings. We need to play him as close to goal as possible so he can take 1 or 2 touches of the ball before shooting or playing a through ball.

8. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Costa is a much better player when he stays near the touchline. His crosses are excellent. The minute he starts to cut in from the left, his play is too predictable.

------------Higuain/Mandzu
    -------------------Dybala
    Costa---Matuidi--Pjanic--Cuadrado
    ----------------Marchisio
    -----Chiellini--Rugani--Barzagli

Sandro had another poor game. He and Costa are best when they occupy the same space. Unlike a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1, in a 3-5-2 Dybala would play central and closer to goal. Vs Crotone he was receiving passes away from the box out wide. He basically negated his finishing ability. He isn't a winger.

9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Plus a 3-5-2 is more defensive than the 4-2-3-1 since 3 CBs and 3 CMs start. Yet Costa, Cuadarado, Dybala, and Higuain are still featured in their best spaces.

It offers great control with essentially 4 mids, width provided by Costa and Cuadrado, and 3 CBs.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain will miss the game against Napoli, he's having an operation on his hand today.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sure he is :rolleyes:

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw his hand wrapped up but I'm also assuming they don't want Higuain whistled and jeered off the pitch with every touch of the ball.

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He may be out for 2-3 weeks.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I can put a cast on my hand right now if i wanted to, doesn't mean I had surgery on it ;)

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It may also be a convenient time to get the operation instead of putting it off. Easy win over Crotone and knowing he would probably play poorly against Napoli. It’s actually an old trick.

juventino13 repped this.
  18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know it is and it's so obvious. But whatever, if hes gonna pussy out then Mandzu will just take his place

19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's scored against Napoli. I don't understand, why is he a pussy exactly?

Dante and juveeer repped this.
  20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Lichstenier is also set to miss the match correct? I doubt MDS starts a game of this magnitude.

Surely then that means a 3-4-3 with Cuadrado as RWB. With Napoli's pressing, I'd rather see Allegri drop either Sandro or Costa for a CM and play a 3-5-2 instead. A midfield of Matuidi, Marchisio, and Pjanic who are all capable in possession could disrupt Napoli's pressure. A two man mid vs Napoli seems very risky.

juveeer repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We might very well go back to a 3-5-2 actually. With Higuain out, I don't see Allegri using 3 forwards. Bernardeschi and Cuadrado might be missing as well. I expect to see a 3-5-2 with either Costa or De Sciglio taking the right flank. Dybala and Mandzukic up front.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cuadrado will likely miss it as well along with Bernardeschi.

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want us to play with 12 players?
    Or is that a 3-5-1-1 ?

24. Falc

Falc Member+