Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Only three Serie A games left for the season and the Coppa Italia match as we attempt for a fourth straight calcio double. Both trophies could possibly be won at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome within a four day span. If so, it will be a hell of a celebration on the final day at Allianz Stadium.

Forza Juventus!
    Fino alla fine!

Serie A
    • 5 May - Bologna
    • 13 May - at Roma
    • 20 May - Verona

Coppa Italia
    • 9 May - Milan

NicktheGreek and juveeer repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pjanic sits out Saturday against Bologna for his accumulation of yellow cards. Allegri was given a warning for his send off after coming onto the pitch to tell Higuain and Dybala to stop celebrating.

gumbacicc repped this.
  3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Cuadrado fullback? Certainly that’s his future,
    -Massimiliano Allegri

@Falc

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howedes out for the game against Bologna - Right thigh injury.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not in my future.

7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let’s win this game!
    Also hoping Napoli to lose tomorrow.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    5 Maggio

Too bad the two matches are not played simultaneously. De Laurentiis has spewed a lot of crap the last two days and seems to be setting his side for failure. I say celebration tomorrow.

juveeer repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Time for Buffon to retire

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Got to love him. Can't make a cross but it is so bad that it turns into an own goal. Bravo Cuadrado.

11. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I just gotta say - Costa is a joy to behold.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dybaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaa 3-1

Falc repped this.
  13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that turned quickly!

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We are on the verge of being at 91 points with 6 more to play. Yet, there is something missing this season. Dybala needs to become a real 10 next year. He has scored many goals this season but he needs to have the ball at his feet at all times. If he is going to reach that next level, that is what he needs to do.

gumbacicc and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Much better second half. It finishes at 3:1.

Forza Toro domani!

juveeer repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got around to watch it, Rugani lol.

Cuadrado had the nice own goal there then had the cross to Costa that led to the third goal.

Nice foul on Higuain there.

juveeer repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lichtsteiner announced during an interview after the game that he will be leaving Juve this summer

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we finally getting a proper RB or is Cuadrado & MDS it for next season. I dont mind Cuadrado at all. Gives us extra fire power in attack

19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the highlights since I work on saturdays. I’m disappointed by Buffon as of late.

Also our backline has been unstable, 3-5 years ago it was the gold standard in the world, nowadays I am not sure.

Douglas Costa has been a god send for this team, he has been on fire the last few weeks, he is getting use to this system, he makes everyone better around him, I don’t think after this year we keep the likes of Pjanic, Sandro, Higuain, Cuadrado. We could use better talent, the question is if Juve is going to go out there and buy some studs.
    Howedes so far has not been working out, the guy is consistently injured, I had high hopes for him, I think it’s time to ship him back. Barzagli is on his last leg, time to send him off to retirement.
    Chiellini has been a beast but the guy has been involved in some big collisions over the years, not sure how long he is going to last. Rugani is solid, but we need two more guys that are tough like Chiellini.

Serie A is not the biggest challenge, CL is. I’d trade the last 2 scudetti for another chance at CL finals.

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    When Douglas Costa is on, he is unstoppable. That was as good a performance as I've seen from anyone this season. Hopefully, we can close this season out as champions ASAP because that first half was indicative of what we've seen multiple times this season. Changes need to be made at the end of the season.

On a positive note, the signings this season have largely panned out. Douglas Costa has been on point. Matuidi was a steal for what we paid. Bernardeschi showed some signs of life before he got hurt; hopefully that trend continues. De Sciglio hasn't been the disaster many of us suspected. I'm hopeful that Marrotta has another good transfer market this summer and we come back better next season.

juveeer repped this.
  21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    On my Facebook feed, a "memory" from six year ago was posted. It was a picture I posted of some of our guys celebrating the scudetto. In it, Vucinic, an old Del Piero, Quagliarella and Giaccherini. I love it when people try to compare the players that Conte had with those Allegri has.

22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    More moaning about refs from Napoli who haven't even played yet.

Even guys like Juve's Vialli don't know the new red card rules it seems.

This is getting redic.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They just said RAI Juve's 91 points are the most during Max Allegri's reign.So much for him being on the way out. I think he deserves a statue for what he has done at Juventus since Antonio Conte's departure.

Chances they will lose the scudetto are almost minimal but even if they did manage to lose it, what he has done is historical. I'm sure anyone in Italy wishes they had his winning record.

24. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Falc and juveeer repped this.
  25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well technically we are champions unless something drastic happens. We have to lose both games, and Napoli must win the rest of the games, and a drastic goal difference must change. Its safe to say we have won the Scudetto!!!