Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for March [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Mar 1, 2018.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Also Higuain has been in sensational form, yet today couldn't do anything in possession He needs to be in optimal form for Juve's attack to click. It's not surprising that Juve struggled in the final third in a match where he did.

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I said in the first game of the season against Lazio in the super cup that Pjanic can't make vertical passes if his life depended on it.

I saw 2 live game last summer, the NY and Rome game. In both games I could see how Pjanic was putting the other midfielders in risky situations. The other thing I noticed was how fast and strong Dybala is. :)

3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It just doesn't seem like Allegri will use Marchisio as the regista/CDM with Pjanic as the number 6 this season.

With Pjanic out against Real, surely Marchisio will start in that role right? I would have thought that Allegri would have started him in this match.

juveeer repped this.
  4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was thinking the same but at this point its pretty obvious that Max favors Pjanic and that he's got a problem with Marchisio.
    - Pjanic -
    LW -- Marchisio - Matuidi
    This would be nice to see.

Calcio Pauly and juveeer repped this.
  5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I'm not sure that he has a problem with Marchisio but that Pjanic is Allegri's CDM/regista. Unfortunately that mainly means that Marchisio only plays when Allegri needs to rest Pjanic. That typically has happened when Juve have been at home for a bottom half side. That is what is a bit concerning since one would think that Marchisio will have to start in this role vs Real. It will be the first time he has played a big game all season. Literally the toughest opponent he has started against this season was recently vs Atalanta at home (1-0 W).

6. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The real question we should be asking is why the sudden switch to a 4-2-3-1 off and on lately? We're probably going us to use it against Madrid either at the start or during a game.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  7. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    With Dybala Juve defend in a 4-4-2. Even when Juve start with 3 CMs, as they transition to attack Matuidi is on the left side opposite of Costa.

So it's a question of who would you rather want in that role, Mandzukic, Matuidi, or Sandro. If Allegri picks Sandro or Mandzukic to play left mid, then one of Matuidi or Khedira gets dropped.

Matuidi has looked great defensively in the center partnering Pjanic. Khedira was in poor form since he was playing so much. So I can understand why Allegri has used the 4-4-2 more with Sandro or Mandzukic at left mid in the last few matches.

With Sandro, Mandzukic, and Khedira all playing inconsistently, I'm not sure what Juve's strongest line up is.

ArtemioD repped this.
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What we have missed since Pirlo departed for the US. Pjanic does not see it the same way or is willing to take that chance. We also play more of a classic 9 with Higuain, which makes it easier for the defense to flood the last third of the pitch. Spal gave no space, doubling up wherever the ball went. When Higuain comes for the ball, it opens space for others.

St. Michael's Sword and gumbacicc repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 Napoli!
    Time for us to beat Milan’s ass!

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ******** Bonucci

scirea6 and gumbacicc repped this.
  13. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ********ing son of a bitch came back to bite the hand that once fed him!

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Of all of the fools to score. Nice cross from Khedira.

Forza Juve!

juveeer and soji22 repped this.
  15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    WHAT A GOAL

soji22 repped this.
  16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Didn't play well at all, but at least we won

soji22 repped this.
  17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The lead is back to 4. Bravo ragazzi!

juveeer, phat and soji22 repped this.
  18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Great win. Poor first half, but it's nice to see Allegri showing some balls in the second half bringing on the wingers who changed the game. Dybala was awesome. Khedira had his best game in ages. Great to see Cuadrado come back, play well and get the winner. Nice way to go into the Real match.

Asamoah is shit. I hope the Inter rumors are true. I also can't think of a more overrated player than Pjanic.

phat and soji22 repped this.
  19. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    When you consider that many of our foreign stars just came back from national team duty and that we have a HUGE game against Real Madrid in three days, then it is a very good win. I wasn't worried at all -- I knew that in the end, Juve's class, quality, and experience would tip the scales in our favor. Allegri was bold and got the win by making the right substitutions. With key players coming back from injury, we should feel very confident taking on Los Merengues at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

juveeer repped this.
  20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The minute the wingers came on we lost the middle. Personally I would have put in Marchisio to put in some vertical passes but he went with Bentancur. Pjanic is just not able to be a 2 way player. Max needs to push him forward behind the striker.

juveeer and soji22 repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is actually coming back to life again. I'd say he had a good game. He suddenly is becoming a serious player again. Why do you say he is shit now? I think he played well.

juveeer, cizko and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  22. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have always said that Pjanic is a trequartista as opposed to a regista. Do you think he will be missed on Tuesday?

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nope

gumbacicc repped this.
  24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's better that you don't play him much so we can get him on a cheap to replace Mount Oliver this summer.

phat repped this.
  25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He might. He does have quality on set pieces.