Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for December [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 27, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #676 falvo, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Juventus and the Agnelli family have been protagonists of the national team from the time Vittorio Pozzo picked Juve's nucleus for his 1934 World Cup winning team. Enzo Bearzot picked mostly Juve players for 1978 & 1982. Gianni Agnelli personally appointed Luca di Montezemolo to head Italia 90. Marcello Lippi was appointed twice as CT not because he was fired by Cesena and Inter or leading Napoli to an UEFA spot but because of his success with Juve. This is nothing new and Juventus has always had a say in what happens with the national team and they will always be the direct reason of the national team's success.

2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Zaza and Morata > Higuain

kind of obvious at this point.......

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #678 thinredline10, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Mario starting.... Zaza providing relief. Then the wingers in Costa, Pjaca, Berna and Juan could all be used properly.

And Sami would never be on the field.... I cant think of an italian midfielder to buy to slot next to Pjanic, Marco would not do well in this league and him and Pjanic are too similar. Really it would have to be someone in the mold of Pogba or Zaza to buy with the money used on Gonzalo.

In regards to the youth investment, there is no doubt Juve snatches them early.. but if we are honest, only two of those players will be Juve players and that is Spinnazola and Caldara, We wont see Orsolini on this team for 2-3 years, Caldara wont be able to find playing time next year, Berna will still be swapping out with Juan, and Spinazzola will be splitting time with some other new fullback.

Kean will do a year here and then ask to be sold, Pogba was recruiting him softly in an ESPNfc video a while back.

These kids need a lot of playing time because they all will be auditioning to go to Euros 2020, they wont want to play behind guys in their 30s who are not even italian.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Well actually, I didnt include Alvaro because he chose to honor his deal and go back instead of fighting to stay... but now that you say that... we probaly could have bought him for like 70 million.

Alvaro had their weird clutch habit of showing up in big games when no one else did, I liked him a lot and he always gave it his all, but I was not sure if he would develop...

He is absolutely unreal to watch at Chelsea, he is becoming such a solid all around striker. That game against Arsenal today was crazy if anyone caught it. Lukaku looks like a bust compared to him... even when he has an off day, Alvaro plays well and he is always a threat to score late goals in close games.

5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Helicopter parenting tends to create young adults who are insecure, timid, and not confident. The young adults are responsible for their choices in giving these things power, but it is also on the elders.

I am not saying all the youth should play often or that the coaches dont do a good job, but if your putting on a young player for 5 minutes at the end of the game and he only gets a start every couple of games... you are not putting much confidence in him.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obvious to whom? Lol

ArtemioD repped this.
  7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Laughable.

I would take Alvaro back but his finishing today was comical.

Says he is homesick for Turin to me.

phat repped this.
  8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I have not watched Chelsea this season other than a game here or there, but from what iv seen on twitter and sites hes been clutch as usual. However I heard he had a shocker vs Arsenal which he was prone to have a few of here aswell (Sevilla).

Regardless opting for Higuain over Morata was a huge miss by management. As you said im sure Madrid would have let him go from 60-70 mil.

9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    When it comes to Morata it is obvious, Higuain will never be clutch like that.

But with Zaza, this one goal shats on Higuain's entire record breaking season

10. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To the same people who think Marchisio should play over Khedira.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Grosso never played at Fiorentina and was 24 when he joined Perugia. Before Perugia he was at Renato Curi and Chieti. He was 27 when he signed with Palermo and 29 when he finally signed with Inter and 30 when he went to Lyon.

12. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    It wasnt good... but even with this, he brings a lot more to this team then bad finishing.

http://www.espnfc.us/video/premier-...34961/watch-moratas-day-to-forget-for-chelsea

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, I was thinking of Luca Toni, who played at Fiorentina when he was 24. Since we were talking about both of them.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, nice try, but no thanks.

I like Morata, and I'd welcome him back, but let's not act like he was the second coming of Christ here, he scored 11 goals in ALL competitions his last season here. 14 goals in ALL competitions the season before that. Like I said, I like him and would welcome him back. To say he's better than Higuain, that's funny.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #690 falvo, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Actually, I was working with Fiorentina right before they signed Toni but he was 28. He had just scored 50 goals at Palermo and then Della Valle bought him from Zamparini.

He in my opinion was the ultimate journeyman who no one knew or heard of and became a superstar overnight. He scored 3 goals for Brescia against Grosso's Perugia and then Zampa brought him to Sicily.

[​IMG]

This is the type of player that no one ever heard of but I'm sure is out there. This is what Italy and the Serie A needs more of and where he came from, I'm sure there are others.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He is not comparable to Higgy. They play the position differently.

Frankly, Morata would add a dimension in our attack we don't have now. He is devastating on the counter. Add a player like him and we would have nearly all aspects of attacking covered. Assuming we keep everyone else.

Pjaca COULD be that player if he finds fitness and form at Schalke, but I would still take Alvaro back in a minute.

His finishing against Arse was redic but usually he buries at least 2 of those chances. The Prem is crazy this time of year. These guys have played a isht-ton of matches in the last 2 weeks, so not surprised to see the quality drop off in the last fixture. he wasn't the only one to bottle things in this round.

17. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    what did you do with the team? Are you able to disclose that job?

18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Hadnt seen the misses yet. Thats really bad, but the way he makes his runs, no one else has that in this team. Not Dybala, not Mandzukic, and most definitely not Higuain. He would be perfect for this team and obviously loves the club. I hope once Higuain leaves Morata will return.

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Morata was benched for Mandzukic his second season and for Llorente in his first. This season he is at 12 goals in 27 games same as Higuain but overall he brings more to the team and actually shows up in the big games. Serie A teams play less open than the CL and Prem which is why he struggled in the league with us a bit, but if we gave him some more time im sure he would adapt. He had already improved in Serie A allot in the second half of his last season. You put Higuain in the prem and im sure his fatass would struggle with the physical nature of the league aswell.

Anyways its pointless to compare, Morata's first CL campaign with us at 22 years old eclipses anything Higuain has done in that competition for the last decade.

20. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    #695 thinredline10, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    lots of good points here... the reality of the situation is this currently, Juve is a selling team in regards to young players who blossom at Juve. Which makes Juve have to rely on a mix of....

-buying out of favor established players
    -singing a mid 20s established player who is showing promise
    - and also recruiting young italians to sign up (only real shot at retaining young talented players)

Here are two videos showing his ability to score including some great headers.

But he is gone and will never come back.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I think he would come back if we want him.

If Conte leaves he could well be on the move. We would be his preferred destination.

22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He recently voted on a poll on insta that he'd like to come bacl.........

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He shows up in big games, like the Arsenal one huh. lol

Morata's CL campaign eclipses anything Higuain has done. I must have missed him leading us to the CL trophy. I wonder where people come up with this stuff.

scirea6 repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #699 falvo, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Not much. I mean nothing important. I'm not really much of a coach and don't know the first thing about tactics or formations so I mostly did translations and a little scouting. It was when they were relegated from Serie A to the C2 , skipped the C1 and back to the B. When they got promoted to the A , I came back to the USA....

In the end, it wasn't a big deal and the dream was better than the reality.....

thinredline10 and juveeer repped this.
  25. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Their imagination.