Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A Season Thread for August [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why judge him on his first half? He played well the entire match & deserves the call up he got for gli Azzurri. He is our starter.

phat repped this.
  2. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    What does that mean? Buffon is not going to start all of the games and he will be gone next year... that is what I was saying. Giorgio is not playing like a captain as of recent.

Claudio is a different story. But he needs to be consistently on the field otherwise he is just a captain like Carrick at United is a captain.

3. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Because I didnt see the first half and I am wondering if he had a strong performance in what I missed.

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    A lot of credit today to Higuain who worked his ass off for the team and was helping all over the pitch. He has shown to be more of a complete player than what was thought.

juveeer and phat repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What did you think of his performance in the second half?

6. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dybala will be gone by the time Chiellini, Marchisio and Barzagli retire.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  7. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Pretty good. looked calm out there, played good passes, cleared a ball at a important time. The only thing that stuck out to me was him turning his back on a shot outside the box, but he could not get there in time anyways.

I really want him to do well here, I think he deserves to play after 2 years of being patient and saying all of the right things waiting for his turn.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Then you answered your own question.

9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    That assist to Paul was very mature of him, when he took an outside touch on the ball, I thought he may set it up to shoot but he played the simple ball to Paul who had space and Paul somehow put it in the back of the net on that tough angle.

He even maintained possesion when he was dribbling the ball back outside of our box which was pretty wild to see before he got hacked down. I was worried when I saw him do that but he did not have a option really and he calmly maintained possession thru 2 guys.

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You really think it makes that kind of a difference? Just because Ale wasn't always a regular starter during his last couple of seasons at Juve didn't mean he didn't deserve to keep the armband.

Just because Dybala scored a hat trick today doesn't mean that he deserves it, either. It's a symbolic gesture that is usually determined by seniority. And it should stay that way.

IcEWoLF repped this.
  11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where would he go? Barca is on its way down and his style doesnt fit PL or Bayern. RM already got many players and PSG is a joke. Juve is the best place for him to make his career.

IcEWoLF repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can we just enjoy the comeback?

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala had an excellent game, he is quickly growing his confidence which means bad for the other teams, a fully confident Dybala will dominate this league barring no injury, hopefully Allegri watches his minutes and rests him every few matches.

Khedira has been a liability, wouldn't be surprised if we ship him out this winter transfer, either way I don't see him coming back, he just can't keep up with the other team midfielders, he gasses out quickly, I think he is pretty much done, hell I'd play Sturaro over him because at least one has the motor, the other is a cento venti sei.

Cuadrado somewhat redeemed himself with that goal, other than that he had a poor showing, hopefully Costa starts getting starts here because he can service balls and can dribble really well.

I'm hoping Pjaca is getting fit because I'd like him to play, he has so much raw skills but sad he has been hampered by injuries.

Pjanic cannot be trusted playing in front of the defense, he is a liability, he is best at his natural pirloescue position. Matuidi provided a boost, it was nice to see a midfielder playing box to box, he has the motor and stamina to play 90 minutes regularly, he still needs time to adjust to the Juve system.

This was a bad first half for Juve, the 2nd half we let Genoa dictate and control the game for the first part, this is a team that is at best a bottom feeder team and we struggled against them...Juve needs to get their act together before we go into the UCL team because teams will carve us up on goals.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  14. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well to be fair EPL has shit defenses so he is gonna get bunch of goals there and he would get a huge paycheck...obviously I want Dybala to stay...

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Khedira looks done. Let's hope he comes around but right now Matuidi needs to be on the field.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The two-man midfield does not suit him. Max said that we will play with 3 across during the season. Hopefully that will help Sammi out.

juveeer repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    With our personnel I am not sure we can survive this season with a 2 man midfield.

Bentancur may get more playing time than most thought.

18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yes.
    Last seasons Dybala is gone.
    Giving him the #10 has made him improve so much

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Really? Im pretty sure he's made his name in a 2 man midfield.

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Thoughts:
    Dybala was amazing. Giving him the extra responsibility of #10 has changed him.
    Mandzukic and Lichstiener were very good
    Higuain, Cuadrado, and Pjanic were decent
    Khedira and the backline were poor
    Im excited to see more of Matuidi and Bentancur.

21. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    the 2 man midfield is a serious issue because if your mids dont have close to 80 minutes of playing time in them... you are going to be burning two subs on the midfield every game.

Again... the wingers in this formation put in arguably the same amount of work leaving them gassed at the end of the game.

So we are going to not see Berna and Costa coming in as subs, one of them will be lucky to be subbed into games..

The question Max will be posed with every game is do I use my last sub on a striker or a winger?

Ideally I guess the key to this will be to find good combos of players on the starting 11 and the current bench and mix them together thru the season so that every one is not getting burned out too early because of having to stay on the field.

The good news is that we should see games where Costa and Berna start and play nearly the whole game.

But the original question of where does max use last sub after midfield is pulled out in CL games a lot I believe.

Blaise will prob end up starting a lot of games if he proves he can last 90 minutes.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We need that extra CB for cover, we're gonna need it. And I hope something happens with RB, right now its our weakest link

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    When Dybala is in form, he's nearly unplayable. And as exciting as it is to witness this kind of performance, it needs to become a regular thing. His potential has never been in doubt, it's the consistency that's been the problem.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't yet know whether the #10 will weigh too heavy or not. It's great that he's off to a fantastic start, but that's all it is at this point.

There's enough pressure on the lad already, let's not add excessive fan expectation to it, at least not at this stage of a nascent season.

juventino13 repped this.
  24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve lost 3-0 away to Genoa last season. The difference this year is that Juve's offense is at another level.

juveeer repped this.
  25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I do not see much of a drop off him his performance considering what was asked of him last year and also what he took upon himself because the production from Sami and Pjanic was often lacking.

His first season for Juve he had 19 goals and 9 assists.

He had 11 goals and 7 assists last year despite battling many injuries and being asked to play out of position, a position which made him feature as a playmaker more then a finisher.

He also checked back into the midfield like every single game and spent a huge chuck of each game playing in that spot. Mario did the same thing and only had 7 goals and 4 assists.

He also had 13 goals and 10 assists in his last year at Palermo.

This kid is going to be the next big thing in soccer, let alone Juventus. You can tell because his motor never stops, he doesnt start playing soft at the end of games, he is always hungry for more and you cant teach that.

I predict a 10 assist and 17 goal season for Paulo this year at least... The question is, will he score goals when it's needed against big teams in the league and of course in the CL...

We will live and die by his performances in CL because we know this defense will bleed goals a bit.

Screen Cap This.