Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for September [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't pretty at times, but it's a win.

2. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    This season has been very concerning, I know last year was the same but the same problems exist and this time we can not wait for the guys to gel because we do not know what we are getting with so many new faces....

People defend him here, but its the only place on the net that does that. Juventus official FB, Around Juventus FB, 4chan, ESPN FC are full of Juve fans who are sick of this... Yes we are just fans and that is what we do, think we know better then coach... I am aware of that.

Who is going to step up like Alvaro did for us?

Who is going to be a reliable sub up top to net goals like Zaza did( he was pretty good for a sub)

Who is going to dominate the midfield like Pogba did?

We have no clue what form Claudio will be in....

If Sami goes down, we are back to a similar dynamic we are in now with Claudio(diff positions yes, but who will take over for what Sami does?)

Miralem is not playing great consistently, he does show flashes of brilliance and very accurate playmaking passing.

I have a feeling that opponents have decided to start playing very physcial against us as it is effective in limiting our strengths.... our depth is very concerning.

Hopefully everyone gets healthy/in form quickly, but I dont see it happening very soon.

I know the sky is not falling yet, but Max is not doing anything to fight against that.

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Looks like an ugly 3-pointer. I only saw the last 10 minutes. Read on Twitter that it was a rough match, many cards. Did Palermo go with the Inter method?

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asamoah is done, he has been battling injuries for over two year now, I don't see him returning next year.

Mario had a decent game but those misses were disappointing.

Lemina looked bad with passes today. People need to improve their passing game big time because for the last two weeks we haven't been good at it.

Overall I'm happy with the win but this game could have been easily tied or even a loss. We keep struggling against set pieces...

5. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014

Lemina has had that problem so far, he has consistent effort tho and does not stop running and he also has moments of great play... I dont mind him being on the field at all... his strenghts override his weaknesses for me.

I am really bummed that Pjaca did not get on the field today, I think he could slot in at left mid just fine given how weak our lineup is right now.

6. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    I think we are going to see a lot of that, Those teams hate Juve probaly more then ever with us grabbing the best players from Roma and Napoli this summer in addition to our dominance of the league.

I dont see any teams letting up in that regard, it is an effective method to stopping us.

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Ugliest win we've had in a while. Marchisio really cannot comeback soon enough, this midfield is nowhere near world class without him.

8. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    why is allegri such a cuck

http://www.football-italia.net/91978/allegri-defends-juve-picks

Paul Pogba visited the Juventus camp yesterday and today got his first goal in a Manchester United shirt.

“I saw Paul, he was very happy with the choice he had made. Let’s say the air of Turin did him good, maybe that’s why he came back!

“Pogba is a universal player who can be in a two-man midfield, he can play wide, behind the strikers, even as a support forward. He can do anything.”

What kind of standard does that set for our old guard guys who were not happy with how this transfer went down?

What must Dybala think of that?

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    WTF is your problem? He made a joke about the good air in Torino. What was he suppose to do with Pogba, kick him in the ass?

Dante and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost a month into the season and we haven't looked consistent, but a win is a win and I'll take it any day. Allegri has a short week and he needs to fix our midfield woes, keep playing Alves and play Cuadrado more, he gives us a big boost on offense. Khedira hasn't been himself the last two weeks, hope he can regain his form of the first two weeks.

When the winter transfer window opens we really need to take a long and hard look on what's available out there, I want us to try to get Kovacic, he would be such an upgrade...

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We just haven't looked all that fluid yet. However, bar the Sevilla and Inter matches, we have gotten the expected results. We shouldn't be surprised that we aren't creaming every team just yet. There are five new first team players; and we are missing an important player in Marchisio.

Afghan-Juventus and Falc repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rugani (strained the lateral collateral ligament) and Asamoah (ruptured the meniscus cartilage) out for 45 days with their right knee injuries. Asamoah will have surgery.

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Asamoah is done, he'll never recover from these injuries

14. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Blessing in disguise. Last we'll ever see of him in a Juve jersey. Bring in a new mid in January. Buyout the rest of his contract, send him on his way.

juventino13 repped this.
  15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    that should definitely be the course of action, its time for us to cut our losses on Asabob

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This weekend was a microcosm of why Juve continue to win titles.

We grind out results even when maybe we don't strictly deserve them, while others falter.

Falc repped this.
  17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preseason games and our first 3 games we were so dominant and fluid. I dont get what has happened last 3 games but were not the same. Im sure well pick it up but i didnt expect us to be this bad.

Seems like well be playing 4 man backline for a while now since we have only 3 CBs

18. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good thing is Dybala had a week rest, so we will have him fresh, Cuadrado should get the start too, he has fresh legs, next get Pjaca in the rotation, he is gonna score sooner or later, we got to give this guy some significant minutes, not sure why Allegri is giving him dumpster minutes ala Totti.
    We paid a pretty penny for him, unleash him Jesus fking Christ.

I want us not to play conservative, I want this team to play with a chip on their shoulder about nobody giving us a chance to make it back to the CL glory.

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If Witsel does come next summer, Asamoah becomes expendable. I actually like Asamoah, but he hasn't looked like the same player in the last year and a half. Maybe it will come time to part ways in the summer.

20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #370 soccerr9, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Juventus away to Palermo since 2011

24/09/16, 18:00 Palermo - Juventus 0 : 1 (0 : 0) (0 : 1)
    29/11/15, 20:45 Palermo - Juventus 0 : 3 (0 : 0) (0 : 3)
    14/03/15, 18:00 Palermo - Juventus 0 : 1 (0 : 0) (0 : 1)
    09/12/12, 15:00 Palermo - Juventus 0 : 1 (0 : 0) (0 : 1)
    07/04/12, 18:30 Palermo - Juventus 0 : 2 (0 : 0) (0 : 2)
    02/02/11, 20:45 Palermo - Juventus 2 : 1 (2 : 1) (0 : 0)

Palermo haven't won many but usually play Juve tight at home. The games are routinely ugly and unwatchable as well. Even last year's 3-0 was a god awful match for the majority of the encounter. Juve needed goals in the 54th, 89th, and 93rd minute to clinch the victory. So aside from those two late goals, if I recall correctly last year's away match was very similar to this one.

It's interesting to see that Juve managed to scored only 1 first half goal in their last 6 meetings at the Renzo Barbera and that was in a loss.

So it's hard to read too much into every match.

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  21. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Unless he vastly improves or can be a backup LWB for when Evra retires, Asamoah likely won't have a place in this squad for too much longer.

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have mattiell and Lirola too. But im not sure if Lirola also plays LB or just RB...i felt like ive seen him used as LB before.

23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Everything I ever read on Lirola said he was preparing to replace Licht on the right.

24. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He literally plays nothing like Lich. Way more comparable to Dani.

25. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I mostly just meant he was RB, access they were prepping him to take Lichtsteiners spot. I know nothing about his play style. Given he's a Spaniard I'd be surprised if he wasn't a very offensive FB.