Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The problem is who is next in line.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Antonio Donnarumma, Gianluigi's brother? :D:D

3. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    It is not like we didnt try tho to get good midfielders... they either dont want to come here or the board doesnt justify the price it costs to get them.

We did fall off in midfield but our offense is very good. We got a decent to good player who does fluctuate in Mandzukic, We got a steal in Dybala, we said screw it and threw a lot of money at Gonzalo, and we spent a large chunk of money on a potential player in Pjaca.

Our offense was not this good during that CL run, we litteraly relied on Tevez to carry us in that regard. Now we have many options and that is after losing high potential and somewhat proven players in Coman and Morata.

usnroach repped this.
  4. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    no way is he coming here, he will cost more the Gonzalo and I dont see Milan letting him go unless he gets stars in his eyes and demands it for a club like Real, Chelsea, City or Barca.

Silvio is already trying to get leverage as a honorary president hybrid where he has absolute say so on tranfers for current players. The chinese are very shrewd business people and they know that letting the next Italian Hero leave their club which has been lacking that forever would be detrimental to business.

These new owners no doubt have a business plan that includes a new stadium down the road and selling out seats in a big objective for them as well as competing in Europe. Donna is one of those players like Buffon who will save your team's ass during games and sell tickets for the stadium.

He is only leaving for extremely green pastures, top of the top and that probaly wont happen for 5 years or so.

One of the first things he said is he sees him self as one club player and stated allegiance to Milan. Milan is going to be a hot team, they have a lot of young guys and young players like to be with young players as they develop friendships.

Whatever happened to Scuffet? Seems like he fell off hard... was he really all that good before or just potential hype?

Isnt Perin like the most realistic option?

5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    While searching for reasons as to why Juve aren't playing fluid consistent football, isn't the easiest explaination the following list of what seem like endless injuries? Why overcomplicate things when the majority of the time half the team is not available which becomes very problematic when there is a match every three days.

Injury list
    1. Marchisio / torn ACL left knee / 17 Apr (15 Oct)
    2. Sturaro / sprained medial collateral ligament / 2 Jul (1 Oct)
    3. Mandragora / metatarsal operation / July (Jan)
    4. Benatia / left thigh strain / 18 Sep (15 Oct)
    5. Evra / left knee strain / 20 Sep (1 Oct)
    6. Rugani / right knee strained lateral collateral ligament / 24 Sep (45 days/22 Oct)
    7. Asamoah / right knee ruptured meniscus cartilage / 24 Sep (45 days/26 Nov)
    8. Pjaca / bruise left fibula / 1 Oct (?)
    9. Chiellini / muscle strain to left thigh / 15 Oct (26 Nov)
    10. Mandzukic / muscular strain right adductor / 16 Oct (22 Oct)
    11. Dybala / severe knock to posterior region of right thigh / 22 Oct (15-30 days)
    12. Chiellini / severe knock right thigh / 29 Oct (21 days/19 Nov)
    13. Barzagli / dislocated shoulder / 6 Nov (60 days)
    14. Benatia / knock to right knee/ 14 Nov (13 days/27 Nov)
    15. Higuain/ left thigh bruise / 19 Nov (7 days/27 Nov)
    16. Bonucci / lesion left femoral bicep (thigh) / 27 Nov (45-60 days)
    17. Alves / fracture left fibula / 27 Nov (2-4 months)

How many times have BBC started together this season?
    How many times have Higuain and Dybala been paired?
    How many times have Marchisio, Khedira, and Pjanic featured at the same time?
    How many times have Alves/Cuadrado and Sandro started opposite of one another?

Not many!

Simply put, in order for Juve to play at their maximum capacity they, like all top clubs, need to be able to call on their best available line up. That has not happened once this season.

BocaFan, phat and juveeer repped this.
  6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    The #1 priority for the winter break should be to get everyone healthy by the all important CL KO stage starting in March.

#2 bring in one reinforcement in midfield given that Juve's most important CM, Marchisio, still needs a lot of time to fully recover from his ACL injury. He isn't superhuman and probably won't be at his best this season. Khedira has played nonstop since the beginning of the season. Pjanic has played nearly every match since October. These players need breaks and it's clear that Allegri doesn't really trust anyone else to start other than Hernanes. Keep in mind that Lemina and Asamoah will both be gone for a period as well.

As for Pjanic, I am incredibly confident that he will find his place at the club. Juve play a physically exhaustive style with their midfield three which doesn't seem to suit him as of yet. Perhaps moving to a 4-3-3 that doesn't require Pjanic and Khedira to play so box-to-box may be a solution. Asking both of these players to start every match and play in such a way doesn't seem like it's getting the best out of either of them.

juveeer repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was talking about Antonio, Gianluigi's brother and mostly being facetious.

Silvio said he won't sell the younger players.

AC Milan's Silvio Berlusconi rejected offers for Gianluigi Donnarumma

Simone Scuffet turned down an offer from Atletico Madrid because his family wanted him to remain in Italy to finish his studies. That was why he turned them down.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't forget that we have Leali who presently is playing in Greece. He was picked as a Buffon heir some years ago. Perhaps by the time Gigi retires, he may take it.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How to make a goalkeeper... Let the greeks build him...

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He has been on loan among several teams. Last season he was with Frosinone. He got a lot of experience there. He is with Olympiacos this season. Will turn 24 next year. He may come in as Buffon's backup next season.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If he was anything special he would be starting at a serie a team right now. I doubt he will be the next anything

12. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014

Thanks for the info, I figured you were not being serious, your not of that style of posting... I was just putting that to bed before anyone else took off running with it, which seems to be popular on the transfer rag websites for obvious reasons.

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How many Serie A sides take a goalkeeper on loan? Usually those who came up from Serie B (Frosinone & Cesena the previous two seasons). This season, he was sent abroad. I don't know what he will become since he is still young for a goalkeeper. He was keeper for the Azzurrini throughout his youth days. Supposedly this is Neto's last season, so maybe he becomes Buffon's backup next season.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Audero is ahead of Leali in the goalkeeper pecking order for Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Despite some legitimate gripes, there is too much doom and gloom around here. We can compete and win on three fronts with the players that we have. We have seen enough of Pjanic at Roma to know he is a quality player, and he will get out of his funk. Higuain has scored everywhere he has played-despite the fact that he has yet to really impress, he has bagged a number of goals. D. Alves hasn't been great or poor; but he's definitely good enough for this side. Same with Benatia. Short of Sturaro and Hernanes, basically everyone else on the roster is good enough to play for this side and for us to be successful.

What our concern should be is with the lack of fluidity of the play, which I would have anticipated having been resolved at this point. The manner in which we lost to Genoa was inexcusable.

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Really, cause i can find quite a few Roma fans that will say otherwise. His numbers last season were padded, and they'll tell you the same. The guy doesn't do much on the field of play, and unfortunately that is not the type of player we need right now. What have i seen from Pjanic at Roma? Lazy player. What have i seen from Pjanic at Juventus? Lazy player

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He has not been sent out yet though, correct? I believe his experience has been with the Primavera and as third keeper this season. I would expect Audero to get loaned out next year to pick up some experience.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I was surprised to see that vs Sevilla and in a couple of Juve's most recent matches one of the players that has covered the most ground has been Pjanic. I'm bias considering that I've been a big fan of his since his Lyon days, but in his career he has shown enough to suggest that he can still develop into a top player. With that said, asking him to play a box-to-box role as a mezzala as if he were Vidal or Pogba doesn't seem to get the best out of him.

It's also not surprising that since Dybala and Higuain have been out, Pjanic's creativity seems to have diminished. Mandzukic and Khedira have been his two main central options to pass to. Sandro and Cuadrado are best when working out wide. Is Pjanic really the main reason why Juve have struggled to dominate offensively or is there a lack of options in the final third?

Khedira and Pjanic are two class players when allowed to play their game. They are very different than Vidal and Pogba. Yet it seems like Allegri is asking both to play the same way their predecessors did. Unsurprisingly this isn't getting the best out of either of them. Khedira was fantastic in the box-to-box role early on but after playing so many matches in a row it doesn't look like he can physically continue in this manner. Vidal's strength was his stamina while Khedira's is his technique and positioning. The same goes with Pjanic. If everyone eventually gets healthy maybe this won't be such an issue, but as of right now perhaps the midfield's instructions need to be adjusted to better suit the current personnel.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sorry, but Pjanic isn't good enough, end of story. Diego 2.0...

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If you can't adapt to not having Dybala as a reference point then you aren't a very good player

21. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Even when Dybala was playing with Pjanic he spent half his time playing defense to make up for the Bosnians lack of effort.

juventino13 repped this.
  22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is why i question his mentality, the guy doesn't even care most of the time, its ********ing annoying

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Just remember where Pjanic came from. He is being retrained. Give him time. There was a reason why Allegri did not start him off the bat.

juveeer repped this.
  24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You think he can be brainwashed into a Juve player @Falc?

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am hopeful. He has shown his skills at times. He needs that drive. Read the Higuain article today. If Pjanic picks up the same attitude, he will go a long way. One problem is that he has been thrust into being the creative leader because of injuries. I think once he starts playing with both Dybala and Marchisio on a regular basis, it will lift a burden off of him. Similar to what Pogba went through last season although the Frenchman wanted that responsibility. I don't think Pjanic does and playing at Roma did not prepare him for this.