Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it doesnt matter what pogba, vidal and conte are now, what matters is we didnt make good enough replacements period. Depth is great but all the names you mentioned cant be used all at once and its not like basketball when you can just rotate players during the game. You pick a starting 11 and it better be a right one. Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we dont. Thats what happens when you have too many players and rotate. its a double edge sword.

Even if their plan was khedira-marchisio-pjanic....still not good enough to when we had pirlo-vidal-pogba-marchisio. and again marchisio was injured so planning on him was a mistake as well.

And in what world was pjanic a pogba replacement? stat wise he was but not in reallity. He doesnt have the height, physicality, or even technical ability to replace pogba. pjanic would've been a good addition to a team with at least 2 great defensive midfielders to let him do the creative part further up the pitch.

juveeer and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a forum is a place of discussion you moron....you dont like to hear it then dont contribute to the discussion

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And if you had any credibility, you would name who are the replacements we missed out on who are good enough. Whining like a little girl that the replacements are not good enough is not good enough as a basis of discussion. So until you contribute something worth discussing, stai zito.

4. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Did you not see that I clearly said I do not think they are better then us, they are not even on par with us in my opinion, but they would probaly cause us some trouble with our current form.

All i said was that because I have been hate watching them to watch Pogba self destruct(because I am miserable like that), I notice us keep deploying certain players and its frustrating seeing how ManU features most of their players on the roster in different positions sometimes. Obviously that has produced poor results for them and is not a good thing...

It is just rough to see them doing that and Rugani not getting the minutes I think he should as well as seeing Gonzalo not on the field as much as I thought he would while I always see Ibra on the pitch every chance they get.

Also... Martial, Lingard, and Rashford are frequently getting minutes and Kean has gotten nothing really... I know there is a big gap and different reasons for Kean not being on the field, I just wish we were a little less conservative is all I was saying because when I see Manchester play, its nearly the opposite...

I acknowledge this has not yield good results for them, I acknowledge our success speaks for it's self, I trust in Max and think Jose is way out of his element and based off his recent interview, I think he is a major depressive episode right now and is not even mentally healthy enough to coach. I also think hes way overated and most of his success in his career is built off of taking over previous managers teams....

I was only saying its frustrating to see when compared to that.

5. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Did you not see that I clearly said I do not think they are better then us, they are not even on par with us in my opinion, but they would probaly cause us some trouble with our current form.

All i said was that because I have been hate watching them to watch Pogba self destruct(because I am miserable like that), I notice us keep deploying certain players and its frustrating seeing how ManU features most of their players on the roster in different positions sometimes. Obviously that has produced poor results for them and is not a good thing...

It is just rough to see them doing that and Rugani not getting the minutes I think he should as well as seeing Gonzalo not on the field as much as I thought he would while I always see Ibra on the pitch every chance they get.

Also... Martial, Lingard, and Rashford are frequently getting minutes and Kean has gotten nothing really... I know there is a big gap and different reasons for Kean not being on the field, I just wish we were a little less conservative is all I was saying because when I see Manchester play, its nearly the opposite...

I acknowledge this has not yield good results for them, I acknowledge our success speaks for it's self, I trust in Max and think Jose is way out of his element and based off his recent interview, I think he is a major depressive episode right now and is not even mentally healthy enough to coach. I also think hes way overated and most of his success in his career is built off of taking over previous managers teams....

I was only saying its frustrating to see when compared to that.
    That has been the most shocking thing to me honestly, I cant believe he has been wasted this year, they have been a different team with him on the field the past 2 games and I am shocked that he has not asked to leave after being treated the way he has. Same with Bastian....

What is it about Manchester and EPL in general that has players becoming such cucks for their teams?

Its a shame we did not get him when we tried because he would be so good here. I remember there was interest and I believe some sort of effort but not much materialized out of it.

6. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Also the reason why I am such a proponent of giving more guys minutes, using subs early on, letting Rugani play more is because we are one of the hardest training teams in the world probaly based off of players interviews... The teams in the leagues have learned that they can hang with us by fouling and hacking during games and we are not being protected probaly to make the league more competitive,

I would imagine ticket sales and hype has fallen off due to the dominance of Juve, most fans of other teams probaly say why bother getting hyped up? I am using the NFL in America as a model for this theory and I am not talking about this years tv ratings.... Think of how the AFC east has become lol Patriots win and how you never really hear about phins, bills, or jets in media outside of their markets because of this trend, merch and tix sales have suffered for these teams because of that.

So because of this situation that clearly will not change, even if we changed training to lighter duty, that does not change the fact that every team will play very physical against us. So when a player has a muscle bruise from a hack during a game, he must carry this with him back to the intense training and then back into games, he may be able to keep this up for a few weeks but that muscle will never heal.... and this is why I believe Giorgio and Dybala have been hurt recently... of course I could be wrong, but its a very real variable... That is why I would like to see a able bodied sub get 20 minutes of sub time instead of just 6 minutes at the end.

7. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Part 2

I know Kean is young, but if we are dependent on Gonzalo and Dybala which it looks like we are, we would do well to preserve them instead of pressing them so hardly.... We also lost Pogba for one of the Real Madrid League games in the CL Semis and we lost Giorgio to muscle strains that year which really hurt us. I really don't see how letting Kean get 15 minutes of playing time at the top of the pitch is a liability when he is the farthest from goal and probaly the fastest guy on the pitch which is what you want at the end of the game when your only hope for a goal is on a counter.... unless we are content just protecting a one goal lead.

I believe the same situation should be considered for Rugani in subbing out Giorgio or Barzagli at end of games seeing as how they are crucial to this team and should be preserved as much as possible.

Some may believe that Rugani is a liability but his season at Empoli does not indicate that to me and we just watched Benatia start and ball watch 2 goals while almost conceding a third goal against Genoa.... I think we are past the point of worry about what could happen if we let so and so play when we are in a bind and instead see if we can have something new....

Benatias performance was really uncharacteristic, it looked like a guy who just joined the team on transfer and was not used to the speed of play... I am surprised it is not being discussed here more.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Don't worry about Rugani. He will be getting plenty of minutes this next month.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Keep in mind Mkhitaryian has been injured a lot this season and is struggling to stay fit.

10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but will be back soon, which is why I am asking.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    You are a scold, sir!

Daei_10 repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We have not replaced Del Piero, Nedved & Trezeguet. We have not replaced Platini, Scirea, Cabrini & Gentile. We have not replaced Deschamps & Zidane. The list is not exhaustive. New players will arrive and become new legends. Enough of this whining about two petulant players.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    scold!

Daei_10 repped this.
  14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy doesnt understand the idea of discussion forum

15. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm convinced your ornery sometimes just because you can be. You know full well the complaint isn't that we haven't replaced the players, but that the quality of the replacement is worse than the players we had without even their potential being better. Vidal and Pogba were two of the best CMs in the world, they were the perfect cogs for our team. Conte liked the bruisers, Allegri seems to like technical players. We are seeing the result of the transition from the physical to more technical squad this season. So far it is a painful process.

Daei_10 repped this.
  16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The complaint is useless. And it has been ad nauseum. Whining about something that is not going to happen is a waste of time. It is not discussion. It is a ********ing millennial trying to find safe space. If he has something useful to say, he would tell us the players that were the proper replacements for Vidal and Pogba. Problem is that they do not exist. But yet, repeating the same shit is suppose to be discussion. No. People going ballistic because we lost is pointless as well. There will be games that will be lost. Just as it will happen to our opponents. As for going from bruisers to technical, what has been painful has been the injuries. Damn refs are letting the other side get away with too much shit.

17. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    I think every midfield should have one physical bruiser on the pitch at all times, they are very valuable... Gattuso was an unsung hero for Italy in 2006 in the WC imo.

I don't even know who we could have got who could emulate that style this past summer, maybe Kante? No way we would have wooed him over Chelsea tho. Shame because he was dirt cheap for what he brings to the table and is the exact type of player we need.

Is there even any one halfway physical on the transfer market this spring?

Witsel is not physical really at all right? He is more of a technical player tho I think he is decent at winning 50/50 air balls right?

Claudio can be decently physical in his play so it will be nice to have that back.

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    When the bruisers play, you guys complain about their skills. They also collect unnecessary cards.

19. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    This is all true...our guys getting hacked has been detrimental. Dybala this year really emulated a lot of what Vidal brough to the table, the kid got stuck in on every challenge and challenged every 50/50 ball, he got freaking hacked to death every game... I am really surprised he lasted as long as he did. I remember him slide tackling to intercept loose balls in the final third despite a player going in to take it or clear it, a few times he took nasty kicks. He filled that void when he was here, it just came from a different direction then we were accustomed to.

I cant remember it so well, but wasnt Stuaro decently physical in that Real Madrid game? I thought I remember him getting stuck in a lot during that game. I am not of the opinion that we should give up on him, he seems to be struggling with the change of play as much as anyone else on that field that we find trouble with.

20. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    This is true.

21. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Honestly think all of Tevez, Vidal and Pogba were the perfect combinations of power and finesse but that could just be me. Admittedly Vidal was starting to look lost at the end under Allegri. That CL final he was bad. I'm not saying we should be starting three Sturaros out there. You honestly don't think there are any players between Pogba/Vidal and the Pjanic/Khedira/Hernanes' that we've gotten since?

Our back line is top 3-5 in Europe when fit (where it has been for a while) , if our offense ever could click (was pretty good with Tevez Morata too) it could be top 5-8. Our midfield went from being top 3 in Europe to (maybe) top 20. Sure we haven't seen all the starters play a string of games yet but the fact that our back ups are Hernanes and Sturaro is shameful. Injuries happen when you are in multiple comps, plus the reduced squad size, and Allegri always bad muscular injury record. Even if we get another double this season will be a failure. The project seems to have taken a step back since the CL final and that's the problem. This team is aging and the new cycle is being brought in. That's all fine, but if we have any chance of winning CL is before 2018 when Buffon is done.

22. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Del P -> Vuccy-> Tevez -> Dybala, Trez ->AMAURI->Matri/Llorente/Quags -> Piggy,
    Platini->Zizou->....Pirlo->Pogba->Pjanic/Hernanes/Witsel(?)

We've replaced the forward line pretty well, the playmaker line less so. Our defense is great most days too. So :p:barefoot::coffee::cool:

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    When we picked up Pogba, many here were complaining that Marchisio was not world class. How could Conte keep playing Marchisio and keep Pogba on the bench. Then Pogba became a starter and Marchisio was not good enough as a backup. Conte finally figured out how to rotate and Marchisio became invaluable. Allegri figured out a way to play all four at the same time. But the complaints back then was that we did not have adequate backup for them. Some argued that Asamoah was wasted on the left flank and should play in his "natural" position. People were excited when Sturaro was picked up. It is a ********ing yo-yo here. Anyone complaining about Khedira, Marchisio and Pjanic need to leave town. They are not a physical group. They are more technical. To win the CL, you need technical. Pogba threw a major monkey wrench into the whole thing. The idiot had a chance to be in consideration for the Ballon0 d'Or if he stayed. Instead, he is part of one of the worst starts in Manchester United history. Lemina has shown some promise but he still has a lot to learn. Same goes for Sturaro. Hernanes has been adequate as a bench player. Why some expect more, I have no idea. Allegri's first season was pretty much the Conte side and did not start off with a lot of injuries. The team did suffer with some during the season and Allegri just soldiered on. He never complained or made excuses. The last two season, he has had to start from scratch. Last year, we got off to a bad start and made adjustments. This season has been better but injuries have taken their toll. I don't see this side quitting. Rugani will have to become a key piece. Pjanic knows he has to improve and his confidence can only get better with hitting a few free kicks. Let's not forget that Higuain has missed some games and we have not have had Dybala for a good portion of the season. Then there is the expectation of Pjaca. So let's see how we fare this month with a tough schedule.

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't see the game, I was upset at the result but Allegri has a point how can you win a game with 35 fouls against. The teams in the league have figured out what to do against Juve to win. All the injuries this season are understandable when facing opponents out to break legs for 90 mins.

Worse part is there is no possible way we can count on the FIGC or EUFA to protect our squad the way the Spanish league does for Barca/Real. We're faced with a bunch of cry baby opponents and a league that has its hands tied because of Calciopoli.

juveeer repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #325 falvo, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Is Buffon Zoff's , Tacconi or Peruzzi's replacement? Just curious.....

St. Michael's Sword and Falc repped this.