Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Genius move by Beppe to take Higuain from them. Had they kept him and strenghtened they would have been a real serious team.

phat repped this.
  2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Licht isnt a starter.....

Dante repped this.
  3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I love Licht and think he should be honored by Juve when his career ends. With that said, defensively he has been awful this year whereas Alves has been a revelation in this respect. Just watch his defense vs Neymar and Mbappe compared to Litch vs Roma.

4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    :thumbsup: Lichtstiener is a legend no doubt, but his level has dropped far too low this year. He should be moved on in the summer for the sake of his legacy.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, who would De Sciglio replace in our starting lineup?

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If true, De Sciglio is an upgrade on the backup fullbacks, who have both been liabilities. I'm not sure he's much more than that.

7. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Neither... he is at best a Copa Italia starter and spot starter in event of injury.

Darmian is the smart buy, he is not good enough to start over Alves or Sandro, but he can play both sides and can be counted on to successfully provide rotation relief for both players.

I truly believe there is not one player in the world who could start over Sandro at this team, not with Sandros upside, his knowledge of our system, his work ethic, etc.

I also think Marcelo is over rated.

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with you. David Alaba might be able to start over Sandro but he is the only one. LOL forget Marcelo, he is way overrated.

9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I really dont even think hes that great, he was very underwhelming for Belgium, he strikes me as a system baby on a stacked team in moderately difficult league. I dont think he would do well over here.

Sandro is perfect for us and he could grow into possibly being as good as Alves, his service on crosses and passes has been getting much better and he is very physical, the dudes thighs and calfs look like a small horse.

If we can hold on to him, he will help this team reach its former heights.

The thing that makes me happy about the chinese buying Milan teams is that hopefully it will result in new stadiums and much better teams via more transfers, This will help this league become a desire destination again.

Every league is basically a 3-4 team race for top of the table, the myth of elite leagues has shown to be a product of marketing which we see as EPL teams crash out early in the CL.

Fox Sports covers the Bundesliga and that is only a two team league.

Italy has a real chance for resurgence... it is sad that it comes at the loss of our identity, but that is the way the world is via globalism.

It is really exciting to see Italy having such a great crop of young players emerging via Verratti, Darmian, Rugani, Bernadeschi, Romagnoli, Belotti, etc.

10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL he doesn't even play for Belgium. He is from Austria. However yeah he has dipped in form this season I suppose. Really have no idea how he would do for us, but I am sure he would probably be comparable to Sandro. Anyway we probably won't get him. Sandro is probably just as good or comparable.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Darmian is not a "young" player. He will be 28 in December.

12. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    For an Italian Defender that should be just about entering his prime. Bring him home and make him great again!

13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    He is only 24 too. At worst he is a backup his entire career which is perfectly fine if his price tag is 15m euros. At best, he could be a great pick up since he has a lot of time to improve under Allegri.

14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I got no problem with the deal if it's for 15M with a reasonable salary. Licht is old and has seen better days. Asamoah has always been a defensive liability. De Sciglio would be a slight upgrade.

15. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I've been rewatching Juve's run to the 2015 final, wow Licht was very good. He totally outplayed Marcelo offensively and defensively in that semifinal first leg. In the final, he was one of Juve's better performers.

Juve were ridiculously unlucky to lose Chiellini for the final. He was a standout in the semifinals. Juve could have won the final with him.

St. Michael's Sword, phat and juveeer repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Licht was one of THE key acquisitions for Conte's first season. He solidified that side of the field which had been a real problem for his predecessors and provided excellent work for most of the time he has been here.

Unfortunately, he has had a major drop off in the last year or so and we need a replacement.

MDS is a player that is only 24, is an Italian international and was brought into Milan by Max. If he comes here that means Max wants him, he wants to be here, and Max will get the best out of him. The fact he can cover both sides of the field and as a FB of WB makes him the kind of versatile player that Max can utilize to cover several spots and allow himself even more tactical flexibility.

IcEWoLF and gumbacicc repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From today's press conference with Allegri:

"Cuadrado, Dybala, Mandzukic and Higuain will play tomorrow."

"Audero and Khedira will play."

"Chiellini will not play tomorrow."

"Marchisio will start with Khedira in the midfield."

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think you guys are all wrong about MDS. I think he could be great and can play on both sides of the defense. He suits Max system and will excel at Juve.

IcEWoLF and juveeer repped this.
  20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree.

21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ideally I'd like him to be the key guy replacing Litch because he is a better defender, Litch was decent in his first few years on the offensive side of the ball, but the last two seasons with Cuadrado coming on board he has been a non factor, we still need that additional help on the defensive side of the ball.

22. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Barzagli is starting ahead Bonucci.

That's interesting seeing as Allegri has rested Barza before CL matches. Maybe it's not assured that Allegri will go with a BCC backline.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can someone explain to me the provisional performance of our right wing against a provisional side? Did he forget that Mandzukic is not out there to cover his terrible crosses.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There is also no midweek match. Looks like Max has put both Chiellini and Bonucci in bubble wrap.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturaro is the definition of garbage. Pure crap.

gumbacicc repped this.