Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for January [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It seems like there's more reaction to the Dybala thing across other forums then it is here..

Guess it's not an issue in juventus

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    LOTS of people are HOPING there is a problem cause they want him. That is all.

But Max needs to think about this a bit and not let it become one.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was upset that he got substituted, it isn't an issue at all. How many times have we not seen the same thing happen with other players? Its a non issue, and both Allegri and Dybala have said as much

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I only saw it after tuning into social media. During the game, Juve's general play was far more captivating than Dybala's minor but disrespectful slight.

With Inter on a long winning streak to put them in the top four, the match in Turin on Sunday will be electric.

This week we will see three big clashes. Fantastic stuff!

Atleti vs Barcelona
    Liverpool vs Chelsea
    Inter vs Juve

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala should watch himself because in all honesty he hasn't been playing all that well lately. Sure he's scored a couple goals, but for large parts of recent games he's been average at best.

IcEWoLF, St. Michael's Sword and Daei_10 repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala apologized and things are back to normal. I'm glad we're not like RM and Barca in that sense where we let Ronaldo and Messis be the God and never get subbed or have any slight dissatisfaction. If Dybala or anyone else is like that, they can leave for all i care. We're not gonna have a one player dictate the way we do things here.

8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    To be fair to Dybala, this is the second game in a row when he was the one subbed off. It nearly cost us in the Coppa too.

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well we gotta sub our players and he needs rest too. A lot of games he gets beat up pretty bad so for his own sake maybe Allegri is doing him a favor by subbing. there are so many reasons for a sub, maybe its tactical and he wants to wrap up the game, so bigger bodies like Manzu and Higuain are better in those cases. if anything those guys get subbed too or look at BBC, they dont complain about it when they get rotated or Marchisio and Pjanic when they sit on bench.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    When Dybala starts playing like Messi or Ronaldo on a consistent basis, then he can bitch about being subbed off. I love the kid, but he made the least contribution of the four attacking players, including Higuain. Mandzukic, Cuadrado and him. Higgy and Mandzukic, in particular, were beasts.

11. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    With Mandzukic, Cuadrado, and Higuain all starting along side him, the offense and creativity is far less reliant on Dybala compared to the beginning of the year. Pjanic's passing game behind the forward line also means that Dybala doesn't drop back nearly as deep either. Also factor in that Pjanic has surpassed him on set pieces. I'm OK with all this. It shows that Juve have quality all of the pitch.

In looking at how his output compares to last year, you are right. His chances created, key passes, assists, and goals scored are all down on a per minute basis. His per minute totals are still one of the best on the team, but if he can get back to his very top form then Juve will be scary to face. Let's hope that happens.

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    With Juve vs Inter coming up and Dybala only just really returning from injury, Allegri had every reason to conserve him. It's still curious how Allegri hasn't allowed Dybala and Pjaca to play together for a some time. I'd love to see that soon.

As for this Inter match, with the way Inter are playing right now, Juve need a great game to win on Sunday. It should be a great advert for calcio.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we continue with the 4-2-3-1 I expect Pjaca to be used a lot more. He and Cuadrado could probably fight for the RW.

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    All of this criticism of Dybala. What did you expect coming from Palermo? I told you guys we overpaid. OK, he is no Padoin but give the kid a chance. He might make good.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  15. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Give him some time Falc he might even bring more titles then Padowin. Maybe.

Falc repped this.