Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for December [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt Allegri will depart next season. Its all rumors. Remember last year he was STRONGLY linked with a move to Chelsea?

2. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Did Conte have any accomplishments at his time with Juventus?

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    However if Allegri goes anywhere else, I hope its the Azzurri. I would be disgusted seeing him managing in the EPL.

4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Eto'o>Ibra
    He was beat by a team with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, no CL football, and a great manager.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep our players and coaches will forever be linked with someone. Just another day in clickbait market

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Who was the great competition to that side in Italy such that Allegri had this epic run to a title?

scirea6 repped this.
  7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why would those sides want Allegri when their respective managers are better than or as good as Allegri?

St. Michael's Sword and scirea6 repped this.
  8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yes, a side with Buffon, BBC, Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, and Tevez...poor Allegri.

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Apart from inheriting a previously mediocre side and restoring it to Serie A dominance by winning three successive titles, including an undefeated season and a season of over 100 points? He didn't get the finely tuned machine that Allegri got. It's illogical to claim that Allegri is this great manager because he won scudetti with this side and discount Conte's who won three scudetti. Neither has won anything in Europe to separate himself.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The EL final was in our house. Losing in the semifinal was a major failure that followed the major failure of getting there in the first place.

St. Michael's Sword and Dante repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Why do we have to pick a side here?

Both managers have done well with the bianconeri. Neither is Lippi, but who is?

soccerr9 repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm not sure I am picking aside. I will always be grateful to Conte for what he did in helping us restore our dominance domestically. However, the year we were bounced from the CL in the first round, and failed to capture the EL was a massive disappointment.

Allegri has done well in meeting expectations. He deserves to be managing here at the moment. However, there is little support for the argument that some here are trying to make that he is this great manager. Those that point to the CL Final fail to acknowledge the fact that bar one fixture, there was nothing special about that run. They likewise fail to acknowledge Allegri's complicity in failing to win our group last season, and the poor tactical decisions that led to our loss against Bayern.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    All of This. Thank you.

And if getting to the CL final with the squad we had two years ago makes you a "great manager", then what does that make Roberto di Matteo, who actually managed to win the final with Chelsea? Using Europe as the only way to measure a manager's quality is not only blinkered but self-serving, especially if it is selectively applied to denigrate one while hailing another.

gumbacicc and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody here is saying that Allegri is a great manager, many are saying he gets a bad rap by a few for no reason. He's accomplished plenty for 2 seasons in charge. Calling Juve's run to the CL nothing special diminishes all the work they did to get there. Also, blaming Allegri for the defeat to Bayern is someone perplexing as well. I don't recall him unjustly calling a legit goal back? He wasn't out on the field when Evra made the mistake that lead to Bayern's goal.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Winning the league from a treble winning side is always an accomplishment.

16. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He did not inherit a mediocre side. Though I would rank both around the same region.

17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Are there any great managers in football?
    atm all I can think of is Simeone and maybe Sampoli. The likes of Mourinho, Guordiola, Ancelloti have dropped a level. With CL wins Allegri, Conte, and Klopp can jump a level.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marcello Lippi was greatest of all time.

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    im talking about right now

20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #570 soccerr9, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    In Allegri's two full years with Juve he has won two domestic doubles, haa a 70% winning percentage, made it to a CL final and a R16.

During this time, Juve's record against Barca, Bayern, Real, Atleti, City is 3-4-2 throw in Dortmund and Sevilla and it's 6-5-3. These are arguably the top sides in Europe.

Does any of this make him a great or good manager? I don't know. Let's see how the spring unfolds. That's all there is to it really.

21. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    This record saw him face Enrique, Pep, Ancelotti, Simeone, Pellegrini, Klopp, Sampaoli, and Emery.

With all that said, Allegri simply doesn't have a long enough track record yet for us to be able to compare him to the greatest coaches. Let's reserve judgment until that happens.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're arguing that the we shouldn't follow knee jerk decision making ? Blasphemy !!!

soccerr9, juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets just wait til this season ends with trophies so these Allegri haters can shut up JUST LIKE LAST YEAR :ROFLMAO:

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    and the year before

Daei_10 repped this.
  25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I think Allegri and the club know that the objective is to go far in the CL as well as winning the historic 6th title in a row. It's ok for fans to be disappointed if the first part of that fails to meet expectations even if the latter should leave Juventini proud given where the club was after the crisis. Personally, I want to see Juve battle the best in the semifinals at the very least. Winning the CL would be the ultimate. It's the stuff fans dream about. Allegri finds himself at a club that aspires for this greatness.

Daei_10 repped this.