Juventus 2016/2017 Serie A Season Thread for April [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Handball on Atalanta, ref calls for a penalty. Poor offsides flag by the linesman and the ref calls the penalty off. It was a legit penalty, wrongly called off. Atalanta was gifted that right there.

Hold on though, I thought we always buy refs and penalties. That's what I'm constantly told.

juveeer repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Our two Brazilians have given us very little on the flank, on either side of the pitch.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuadrado gets a yellow, lots of time wasting now.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gomez should get a yellow for that dive, with him trying to get Cuadrado booked for a second. That was a blatant dive.

Cuadrado off, Lichtsteiner on.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Empty head off finally. He twice tried to give it away.

This free kick is going in.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it's not

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alves makes it 2-1, great pass from Pjanic.

Deserved lead.

Alves gets a yellow for removing his jersey.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Belissimo. Che gol!

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My preference would be to have Lichtsteiner and Alves on that right flank. Alves is more of a winger than a defender anyway.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dani Alves off, Barzagli on

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dybala off, Lemina on

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pjanic giveth and he then giveth away.

juveeer repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** that. Atalanta tie it up 2-2 after more crappy defending.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lichtsteiner should never have come in like that.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all she wrote, 2-2

Defense let us down a couple times.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lichtsteiner had the position, he did not come in. Pjanic should have gotten out of his way or cleared it out. Pjanic's error.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch the replay, Pjanic just touched the ball and Lichtsteiner came in and kicked it off of Pjanic.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The kid looked good. And he is a Juve fan.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Keystone kops there.

We had a lot of that today. Indecision, weak passes, poorly though out passes.....

We play like this on Wed. and we are in a heap of trouble.

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Scudetto not closed now. We need at least a point at Roma unless Lazio can do us a favor this weekend.

We need 7 points out of our last 4, only 2 of which are at home. Unless Roma drop points of course.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Watch the play yourself. Pjanic had no business getting into the play. He is going against his own goal. He should have stepped into the path of the charging Atalanta player or cleared the ball out. Lichtsteiner was facing the other direction. That ball should always go to the defender in that situation. Pjanic screwed it up. It is clear.

22. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Pjanic messed up there. Gotta let Lichsteiner clear it.

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala: ‘I’m not Del Piero’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paulo Dybala feels he “is missing a lot” to be the new Alex Del Piero but “I want to be a Juventus symbol”.

The 23-year-old has been compared to Pinturicchio due to his style of play, and it has been suggested he could even wear the number 10 shirt next season.

“Del Piero is an example,” Dybala told Sky when asked about the comparisons following tonight’s draw with Atalanta.

“It will be hard to follow in his footsteps, both on and off the pitch. He’s a very correct person, I’ve met him and he’s a really good person.

“Where do I lack compared to him? Definitely in front of goal, he scored a lot more than me. I’m missing a lot to be like Del Piero.

“The number 10? I’ve always said that the number 21 is important for Juve. Alex’s 10 is hard to wear, I respect 21 and I want to wear this number.

“I’ll never ask for the number 10, if the club offers me it then we’ll talk.

“My future? I want to be a Bianconero symbol.”

Dybala also gave his thoughts on tonight’s game, which saw his side draw in the 89th-minute.

“It was a pity how it ended, we deserved to win in the second half, but in the first half we were a bit under the cosh against a team in great form.”

Let's hope he really means that

24. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    http://i.4cdn.org/sp/1493411912514.webm

There is the video clip of 2nd goal, I am confused as to how Pjanic is getting the blame... Sure he could have just kicked it right out of bounds resulting in a corner...

The ball took a deflection off Leo( i think) and it came rolling right directly at Pjanic while Lichtsteiner is 10 yards away from the ball and just turning off a pivot to react to the new direction ball is traveling.

Pjanic looks like he knew he had a man behind him and if he allowed the ball to roll in it would have came right at the atalanta midfielder who could have first time hit it... Pause the clip at four seconds to see this... then pause it at 5 seconds and see that Licht hasnt even completed his turn and was in no position to defend... he would have just watched the shot coming in and turned his back on it like usual.

I am guessing that Pjanic may have tried to trap the ball and did not use enough finesse and it got too far in front on him...

As usual, Lichtsteiner is too slow to react and could not clear it out... However to be fair, all of this happened in a fraction of a second and not many players could really do the right thing here and we see that in two erros by Pjanic and Licht...

I dont get why its suggested here that Pjanic should not have made a play on this ball... it was litterally his role to do so...

Dante repped this.
  25. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    http://i.4cdn.org/sp/1493408522959.webm

Why are we being so harsh on Pjanic and Litchsteiner for a freak goal in a messy situation, but we give Leo a free pass here with no criticism... Leo made two errors back to back...

First he does not displace this ball despite it being out in front of the opposing player for the taking... then he lets the guy get behind him while still having possession.

Secondly... the blocked shot by that player ends up getting knocked and then pausing at 8 seconds reveals Leo not charging the man while he has possion and space in the box and instead he gets caught flatfooted, puts his hands behind his back to prevent a handball, and just watches him play the cross that results in a goal...

Leo is better then this and this was the most offensive blunder of the game, this is not Juve defending... This is EPL tier.