Juventus 19/20 Serie A Season Thread for September [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Sep 3, 2019.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Anyone who thinks Sachi wishes us anything but destruction is delusional.

He knows the only way others can win in Serie A is to take Juve's style apart.

Falc repped this.
  2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Not with "sarriball" he wouldn't.

If we played like we have for the last 8 years? yessir.

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I am afraid Sarri's approach will cost us in both games, esp. since so many played internationally earlier in the week.

LOL at Rabiot hasn't played a competitive match as being the reason he isn't played in a competitive match. How does he ever overcome that problem?

Falc and juventino13 repped this.
  4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dumbest shit I ever heard. Guess he's never going to play then since as days go by we keep adding to that "hasn't played in x" total

Falc repped this.
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If we don't improve significantly and quickly, we are in for a long season.

And possibly a short CL campaign.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Sarri will have a short leash. If we start to fall behind in the league and the Champions League results are poor, he'll be out before the end of the season.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we can play like we did in the first half against Napoli, for a whole game and consistently, we should be alright. Question is, can we/will we be able to do that? Jury's still out

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juventus have lost the Serie A leadership for the first time since March 3, 2018, a run of 560 days at the top of the table, replaced by Inter.

Sarri out here breaking records already

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its only 3 games, who cares...

Today's game didnt surprise me, everyone is jet lagged and it was a super hot day and it was in day time, at least night games you dont have the sun beaming down. Also Fiorentina pitch was garbage...it was so dry the ball didnt move. Seemed such a struggle to make a pass. That and the Atleti game coming up, we werent trying to go full force. Especially with TWO injuries to 2 important players.

Bayern man city Atleti all tied or lost today too, everyone eyeing the CL 1st game because its so important

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I just heard someone compare Bernardeschi to Camoranesi. I had a good laugh

gumbacicc, juveeer and Dante repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le pagelle di Fiorentina-Juventus 0-0: male Cristiano Ronaldo …

[​IMG]

Didn't realize Caceres was on Fiorentina now...

12. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [
    Bayern, Atleti and City have shit players and a shit coach. No excuse they should have won. The schedule, weather, pitch and players jetlag makes no difference. Neither the fact that it's early in the season.

The problem is Sarriball!!! Fire him immediately and sell all the players starting with Ronaldo.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Falc and juventino13 repped this.
  14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Everyone is talking about Sarri and his excuses, good, there are no excuses at this club. Time to let go of the shit mentality or he'll be out by xmas

juveeer and Falc repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    For the record, I was the first to bring this up after reading his comments.

Moggi has a few things to say about it as well.

“He has the habit of always looking for excuses. He does it everywhere he goes,” Moggi told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“It’s bad for football and Conte was right to answer him that way. I’ve always thought that to change the game, it’s necessary to change the players, which he didn’t do.​

When the coach starts making excuses, it is a signal for the players to relax, not worry about it. That was the mood when Ranieri was in charge and we went down hill after that.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    So far, his is not the mentality of a Juve coach.

We shall see.......

I still don't believe he was really our first choice.....but IF he was, my theory that he is here primarily to set us up for our next coach, who WILL be available next summer, is still operable.

juventino13 repped this.
  17. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Sarri has barely been with the squad. It's going to take time. With that said there are clear aspects that need massive improvements.

The team is too dependent on Costa for creativity and on his ability to create numerical superiority with his dribbling and speed. Sarri needs him because he can also cover the wing when Juve defend in a 4-4-2. Dybala can provide some of the unpredictability in the final third, but isn't equip to give that type of defensive covering. The whole Dybala issue remains a problem.

Bernardeschi has started the season slowly and has been poor whenever he has played. He was a complete non-factor vs Fiorentina.

Now that Mandzukic is being pushed out, Higuain is Juve's only viable CF. At his best, he can be a top player. Question is whether he can sustain that effort. He was physically beaten most of the match vs Fiorentina's CFs.

Without support from Higuain and Bernardeschi, Ronaldo easily negated. Juve's front three is still a massive work in progress.

The CMs were great vs Napoli, but added nothing vs Fiorentina. They were completely overrun at times.

The good part was that the CBs and Sandro were solid. Most of Fiorentina's attacks were coming from Danilo's side who is suspect.

Overall, Juve are a massive work in progress.

gumbacicc repped this.
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We are crying out to go 3 in the back.

We now have 1 FB. 1.

Daei_10, juventino13 and Falc repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can just see Cuadrado play LB one of these games

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Let's hope we see some of the new 2 Rs in midfield and some Dybala this weekend.

Falc repped this.
  22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can't, Rabiot hasn't played so he can't play, Dybala hasn't played either so he can't play, same goes for Ramsey ;)

I expect the same team as vs Atletico

gumbacicc repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People need to check out Romeo Agresti's twitter feed from today where he's got a lot of quotes from Sarri. It's frightening that this man is the coach. Rotation? Overrated, why do we need to do it? In England they play with the same 14 players all season. It's bizzare.

24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Like I said above, I expect the same team as vs Atletico for Verona

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    No wonder he wanted to get rid of people then.

Sooo...it is NOT a "small squad" like he claimed at Napoli keeping him from "rotating".

he basically wants to "burn in" HIS SYSTEM with a small group of players and make them into automatons. Adding too many other players weakens his Special Sauce, I guess.

And this guy was our "first choice"?

You can't compete to WIN on ALL FRONTS with this mentality. Injuries have already proved his approach won't work here.