Juventus 19/20 Serie A Season Thread for August [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Aug 1, 2019.

1. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Somebody should finally tell players that the games lasts 90 minutes, not 60. Seriously, how the hell do these things keep repeating themselves?

2. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually like Sarri. But I still think Conte would be better.

3. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Honestly not a good performance by us. We had a great first half, but completely crumbled in the second half.

We shouldn't be conceding 3 goals at home seriously. I knew Sarri was going to be a big problem. Now our defense is even more disorganized than it was under Allegri. At least Allegri kept our defense in shape.

I do think De Ligt will improve a lot and he is still young, but at the same time, Sarri is not the coach we want if we are trying to make our defense solid again and get the younger defenders to improve.

juveeer repped this.
  4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I haven't written him off, I always said he isn't ready to start and he's proving it every time he does. Demiral is a better player anyway

5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    3 points. But these second half performances are unacceptable.

We've seen it over and over and over again, and yet nothing changes. When are players/personnel going to be held accountable for this?

Daei_10 repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But if Allegri had better control of his joystick, then we would not have these second half let downs.

scirea6 and L'immortale repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That play by Koulibaly. He had no one on him. I better not tweet anything as I will be called a racist.

The problem playing Bonucci & de Ligt together is that they are too similar. Neither are hard markers. Add that are fullbacks are soft defenders, the score should not be a surprise.

juveeer and L'immortale repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol at the people writing De Ligt off already. He had a bad second half, so did the rest of the team. No complaints on Emre Can keeping Napoli onside for the first goal. No mention of Szczesny not coming out to grab the ball on the third goal. Watch the replay, he goes to then stops, he would have made it to the ball first. Koulibaly is an excellent defender, but he also had a bad day today. It happens.

Just wait until Demiral starts next game and he makes a mistake that leads to a goal, he’ll be written off by a few of you as well. Dybala didn’t play much today, but he was ineffective the entire time he was out there.

The fact is the entire team fell asleep for the majority of the second half.

NicktheGreek, scirea6, gumbacicc and 2 others repped this.
  9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can make a tweet about his poor play today without be a racist, it’s easy really.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    juveeer repped this.
  11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The last time I made criticism about him on Twitter, the race advocates came after me.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Its nice to see that the more things change the more they stay the same. Still haven't learned that games last 90 minutes, not 45, and we're still awful on set pieces

13. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve dominated the game. Heat and resting on 3-0 did them in. They were visibly exhausted and drenched in sweat.

I love the way they attacked.

juveeer repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t be racist about it and you’ll be fine.

usnroach and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matuidi played hard, he had some good moments.

Costa has been playing lights out, he just needs to pace himself so he can play 90 minutes, after the first half he started fading quickly.

Bonucci, he had a pretty good game, played hard. He is going to be needed all season since Chiellini will be sidelined for a long time.

Pjanic has been playing well lately, no complaints.

Scezny needs to be more decisive, but also we need to be better at defending set pieces. We allowed two goals this day. We are not going to see the end of it.

De Ligt will be a project that will take time.

Pipita came on the pitch today to play, the guy was fantastic, he may not be fast but he can score some amazing goals, he will thrive this season if he sticks around and stays healthy.

Ronaldo today was somewhat non existent other than the goal he got, not his best day, but a mediocre Ronaldo is way better than Dybala.

My concern is how this team will hold up with the likes of Atalanta and Inter, it’s going to be a pain.
    Inter looks very good and I wished we would have snagged Icardi and straight swapped Dybala.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Le pagelle di Juventus-Napoli 4-3: Koulibaly e De Ligt disastrosi …

[​IMG]

17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Khedira should have had 2 goals.

We have so many options for the front 3 it's going to be interesting with an attacking style. Was a pleasure to watch today and I hope the ball's out attacking styles continues throughout the season.

18. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We would gladly take him back. You’re an idiot for writing off a player in his first games while he’s playing with a new team, new teammates and new tactics. Do you know how many players worldwide ended up being club legends after starting very badly in the first period for their new team? Fans like you are quick to write them off, but I’ll be here to remind you when he ends up being worldclass and in 5 years you hate him for leaving your club after all its ‘loyalty and patience’.

He started the same way for The Netherlands and Ajax.

usnroach, gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You need to calm down or stay out of this forum, he was clearly joking

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Come on guys, the Dutch kid does not have cooties .....

[​IMG]

juveeer repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It took CR7 four games to score last season so I'm sure a just turned 20 year old player in Matthijs de Ligt needs time to adapt. Unless he turns into a Winston Bogarde then that's another story....

Coraggio e forza de Ligt!:thumbsup:

IcEWoLF, Daei_10 and DutchFanatic repped this.
  22. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know his specific comment was primarily a joke but i’ve seen multiple posts of the type here (especially yours more than anyone). You’ve pretty much diminished him constantly since his first game/mistake. Seems like a dumb way to support an extremely young player from your team with great potential. It’s my personal opinion but I think fans like that are spoiled brats. At least give it a few months and in the meantime try to support your new player...

Lots of good fans here by the way too. Keep it up, I hope De Ligt turns it around and gets in a good flow for you guys soon! Bummer to see him in this dip at the moment.

IcEWoLF and gumbacicc repped this.
  23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfortunately the fact is that in the Italian league there is no patience and I personnally can't stand it. That's why smart coaches protect them and shield them but in the case of De Ligt there seemed to already be rumors of discontent from him sitting out the first game.

24. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think because people expect so much from him (probably including himself) so no one wants to see him on the bench. And in truth he has already proven he is a good enough defender to play at the highest level... he just needs to get used to the new system/team. Really the only way for him to get in that flow is to play, so dropping him after a few bad games is not beneficial. I understand when yoi already have two veterans in Chiellini and Bonucci but now with the injury is the perfect opportunity to start working in De Ligt.

Fortunately Juventus is good enough that they can still win games despite a few start up errors from De Ligt. Now is the perfect time to work through that so when the big games start De Ligt will either be ready, or you will know with more certainty that he isn’t a fit.

Unfortunate about the lack of patience in the Italian league (although it is everywhere to be fair). Ive already noticed some ‘fans’ here writing off multiple new members of the team/staff after just a few pre-season games.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It is hard to digest for those that don't appreciate him, but.....as soon as Khedira goes off, we go to Isht.

Happens over and over.

usnroach, ArtemioD, phat and 1 other person repped this.