Juventus 15/16 Year In Review

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, May 22, 2016.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well guys, after a highly successful 15/16 season it's time to look back at the year past. After a really rocky start we managed to go on an insane streak which ended with a fifth consecutive scudetto and our second straight coppa italia.

I have to say it's been a roller coaster season, the only huge regret being that second leg vs Bayern. This could have been our season in the CL, but alas it was not meant to be. Hopefully next season it's a different story ;)

Below i'll post some videos of the season in review as well as season MVP for each competition as well as our top scorer for each and top assist leader for each as well.

Overall season MVP:

[​IMG]

Who else but Superman. I used this picture because super Marotta deserves some MVP praise as well for keeping this team as competitive as ever even with the departures of three greats in Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal.

Buffon stats for 15/16

Supercoppa - 1 Match
    0 Goals conceded
    1 Clean sheet
    90 Minutes played

Serie A - 35 Matches
    17 Goals Conceded
    21 Clean Sheets
    3.150 Minutes played

CL - 8 Matches
    9 Goals Conceded
    3 Clean sheets
    750 Minutes played

Also broke the serie A record for most minutes without conceding a goal with 974 minutes without conceding
    What more can be said about il capitano? Amazing player who quite possibly had his best season this year at the age of 38

Serie A

[​IMG]

Team stats:

Games Played
    Won
    Drawn
    Lost
    Game Win %
    Goals For
    Goals Against
    +55
    Goal Difference
    League Position

Top scorer: Dybala - 19 goals
    Top assist leader: Pogba - 12 assists

MVP - Buffon, Dybala, Pogba (couldn't decide and i feel these three need special mention)

[​IMG]

Dybala stats for Serie A:

Appearances: 29(5)
    Minutes played: 2465
    Goals: 19
    Assists: 9
    Yellows: 1
    Reds: 0
    Shots per game: 3.1
    Pass accuracy: 84.9%
    MotM: 7

Pogba stats for Serie A:

Appearances: 33(2)
    Minutes played: 3019
    Goals: 8
    Assists: 12
    Yellows: 10
    Reds: 0
    Shots per game: 3.5
    Pass accuracy: 83.4%
    MotM: 8

Champions League

[​IMG]

Team stats:

Games Played
    Won
    Drawn
    Lost
    Game Win %
    Goals For
    Goals Against
    +1
    Goal Difference
    Round of 16
    League Position

Top scorer: Morata, Mandžukić 2 goals each
    Top assists: Morata, Pogba 2 assists each

MVP: Buffon, Morata (Mandžukić gets special mention)

[​IMG]

Coppa Italia

[​IMG]

Team stats:

Games Played
    Won
    Drawn
    Lost
    Game Win %
    Goals For
    Goals Against
    +6
    Goal Difference

Champions

Top scorer: Morata 3 goals
    Top assists: Morata 3 assists

MVP: Morata

[​IMG]

Overall it has been a fantastic year, one to remember. On to the 2016/2017 season we go!

Forza Juventus!

phat, scirea6, juveeer and 2 others repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Buffon MVP

Dybala Serie A goals:

Juventus highlights Serie A:

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Champions League Highlights:

Group stage highlights:

Juventus-Bayern highlights:

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Coppa Italia

Juventus-Torino:

Lazio-Juventus:

Juventus-Inter 1st leg:

Inter-Juventus 2nd leg:

Milan-Juventus final:

scirea6 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

PogBOOM

scirea6 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We're coming for the champions league next year

Afghan-Juventus and juventino13 repped this.
  7. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Back to back doubles. NEXT YEAR THE TREBLE!

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Great season, but anyone else still torn up about the Bayern fixture? That a decent, buyt not great, Real Madrid side won the CL has me feeling sick about how we blew it. After all, we comfortably knocked them off last season. The CL could have been ours this season had we not bottled it against the Germans.

phat repped this.
  9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup! That loss will forever sting. If Evra had just cleared that damn ball instead of trying to shield it or whatever he thought it was.

This year's CL was an absolute joke. There were literally no good games, except our series with Bayern and one of the Benfica games. The rest of the matches were boring and the final was nothing short of boring. I cannot believe that this BS real madrid team just won 2 out of last 3 CL trophies. Makes me want to puke just typing this.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    First, Real Madrid puts all of their eggs in the CL basket. That is the only trophy they care for. The others are just extra. Second, while I would love to have won it, if we did, we probably get the treatment that Real Madrid is getting right now about being a weak tournament. I am not so sure that is the case because good teams have to be beaten to make the final but I am certain there would be those who would try to cheapen the victory if it happened for us.

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's the nature of knockout tournaments; the importance of fortune is a magnified beyond merit and skill.

As much as losing them hurts at the time, I don't believe that they actually prove that the team that wins is necessarily the best team in Europe.

Sometimes they are (like Heynckes's Bayern), but often their not; I mean, not only Real Madrid, but Chelsea in 2012, AC Milan in 2006 and Liverpool in Istanbul. And that's just off the top of my head. No way were any of those teams the "best" in Europe. But they won the trophy, so they got the bragging rights.

And hey, it's awesome to win the trophy. But even without that trophy, it doesn't mean the rest isn't a success. It still leaves us something to work toward.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I could care less what others would do to try to discredit our victory. Hell, we have basically owned Serie A for the last half-decade, and those deluded knuckledragger Roma and Napoli supporters still think they are better than us. It's been a long time since we won the CL.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We could win the treble every year for the next fifty years, and the supporters of our so-called peasant "rivals" would still try to find ways to discredit us. And this is a good thing.

It's proof positive that Juventus is still Juventus (i.e. winning) and that they are still the embarrassing, envious losers that they've always been. It's only when we're down, like during the Cobolli Gigli era, that they stop hating and start pitying us.

So the more lies and the more hate, the better.

As for the CL, they are in no position to mock or criticize. When was the last time they won it? And by their supposed "logic", and given the deluded claims they make about being "big" clubs, shouldn't they have won it at least once? I mean, even Nottingham Forest did that.

But hey, they'll always have us to blame for them being nothing. And frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Atletico vs Barca/Bayern was entertaining. But overall it was a shitty UCL

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were OK games. It was mostly Atleti withstanding their pressure then hit em on the counter.