just had my first day of trials.....

Discussion in 'Player' started by SAFC till i die, Jul 5, 2004.

1. SAFC till i die

SAFC till i die New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    the coach has put a tick next too 9 ppls names and crosses thro other ones i have a blank name no cross or tick what does this mean.
    also could somone help me he is goin to play me in midfield any tip centre mid that is?

2. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago

Try not to worry about the name sheet. it will only distract you. play relaxed. playing center midfield is tricky but if you can position yourself well, then it makes you look like a maestro pulling the strings of the team. Just make sure you are central to the play, be available for your teammates and look around before you recieve and distribute the ball. awareness is so important in the middle. you are the transition point of the play and it is up to you to complete passes, take space on the dribble, pick up your man as he comes through. just stay positive, it sounds like a lot to handle but if you relax it will only make it easier. good luck.

3. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Always look to be involved, don't shy away from anything. Look to take charge, demand the ball, run your balls off as if your life depended on it, fight hard. You will be noticed alright. Good luck, is this for a club team or something? Here we don't have trials at youth teams or amatuer teams, anyone can train with the team and be signed, go to matches etc, but you will only play if your good enough and anybody not good enough, wouldn't turjn up in the first place really.

4. stickguy13

stickguy13 New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    on tha pitch
    Tips on playin centre mid are set up the strikers for their goals help the defeneders out when they need it and help out you L and R midfielders. try not to get sucked out of your position though. i hope i helped u some.

5. SAFC till i die

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    2day n 2moro is for the collage im goin to then i have got them for middlesboro thanks for all your help if your interested ill keep u updated?

6. stickguy13

stickguy13 New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    on tha pitch
  7. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Ah its for a more advanced level I see, good luck mate.

8. SAFC till i die

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    good news i got a tick and a circule on the coahces team sheet and we r playin the upper year age group on thurs and i have been picked to strt !!!!!!! looks good and the ones that do well in this gaem get contracts!!!!

9. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    well done.

10. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    congratulations! I hope you do well. Who is this for again? and how did you get a trial with them? Good luck
    Austen

11. stickguy13

stickguy13 New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    on tha pitch
    good job. best wishes 2 you

12. stickguy13

stickguy13 New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    on tha pitch
    same topic so im gonna keep it in this thread. sooo im gonna be trying out for my high school team (varsity if its possible) this year. im gonna be a freshmen and i have no idea what this coach is into. so can i please have some advice. thanx

GO GALAXY!!!!!!

13. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    run alot, and dont be scared because they are bigger than you. tackle as hard as you can.

14. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    If you're playing centre midfield, remember to always work up and down the centre, and try to avoid drifting out to the wings. I used to get ******** from my coach for doing that too often. If you've got fast strikers or wingers ahead of you don't be afraid to use long balls or through passes to create chances or spread the play. Otherwise you're probably gonna have to run at players to open up space. Good luck with central midfield, i've always wanted to be a star there, but never managed it. All the best..

15. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    dont expect to get on varsity if youre a freshman even if you are good enough. most coaches are biased and have to get all their junior and senior on varsity

16. slipnslide

slipnslide New Member

May 23, 2004
    SecretCity,Tennessee
    It depends on what position you're playing, but if midfield, this is definitely the case. David Beckham, overrated as some people think he may be, fit pretty well into the Madrid lineup for more than half of last season. He doesn't have the silky skills of Zidane or Nedved, but he runs forever, and doesn't stop. At defense, just contain someone and close down gradually, then tackle when they don't have enough space to get away. At forward, just get into lanes to run onto balls sent by your team, or if you have space, you can be a playmaker or shoot from distance. Personally, I got a lot better by playing soccer video games on the computer. It showed me more of a purpose in playing.

17. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    you know, soccer is such a simple game. to put the ball in the back of the net. just knock it around and use your chances wisely. play simple dont try to do anything too complex considering that these guys arent your teammates and all. just play good soccer

18. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Dienasty,
    I couldn't agree more. Either you can play or you can't. I had a very successful pro tryout and it had mostly to do with the fact that I decided a long time before that I knew I was good enough toplay at that level (2nd div), and all I needed to do was play at my most relaxed and focused and I'd do just fine..... as is so happened I ended up being the "captain" of my fellow trialists for the three weeks worth of workouts because I was so comfortable that I decided to start being a vocal leader. The coach afterward pointed to my ease with leadership, willingness to take on responsability, and the fact that screwing up an occasional play didn't phase me one bit - I simply made up my mind to focus on the next play.

Anytime you are under a test or trial, remember this... losing does not qualify you as a loser for a lifetime, neither does winning qualify you as a winner for your whole life. Tests of our character, physical ability, and quickness of mind come not just once in a while, but nearly every moment of every day. If you fail at one of these moments, you must quickly lift your eyes and focus your mind because the next test is coming soon...... in football it is just seconds away.

19. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    ill post that on my wall. heh thats great advice