Joao Maleck @ Sevilla Atlético

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Overachiever, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Puro_Sinaloa

Puro_Sinaloa Member+

Dec 3, 2005
    Supposedly they were diluted into mainstream Mexicans. I have a friend who looks like a black dude even though he has no, "black" relatives.

2. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the slave trade brought about 200,000 Africans to the colony. Many blacks were born in Mexico and followed their parents into slavery.

You would think we would have a more notable presence rather than brown skinned people with certain African features. 1 of histories biggest mysteries

3. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #78 Centauro del Norte, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    I'm not the jackass, who said "hOW Is hE MEXICAn, he, he". Ya ignorant fack... He is Mexican, period....

[​IMG]

Richy_Rich, TGO and Overachiever repped this.
  4. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They didn't "disappear". Majority of them just ended living in coastal towns in the states of Guerrero, Oaxaca, Veracruz, and cities like Acapulco, Ayutla, Juchitán, etc... since obviously ports played a significant part during the slave trade... There's about a million and half Afro-Mexicans.

5. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That video proves my point, even in footage of coastal towns we dont see black people like you do today in Brazil and USA. The blackest players we have in the NT are the Dos Santos and Maleck which have Brazilian/African father mixed with Mexican woman.

6. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dos Santos aren't part of the African diaspora though... Their father just happened to play in México while they were born here... Melvin Brown is part of that African diaspora having been raised in Veracruz..

JJV1994 repped this.
  7. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I said Brazilian for Dos Santos and African for Maleck since his dad is from Cameroon .

I never saw Melvin Brown as black but i guess if you base it on just skin color he could pass.

[​IMG]

8. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Us Afro-Mexicans still exist.... And you're right they are on the coasts. My family is from the coast of Oaxaca and nearly everyone there looks either african black or mixed with the regular Mexican population. My cousin went to Mexico city and no one believed he was Mexican lol.

I want Joao to succeed, i like how he represents the afro-mexicans not well known...

Chuky, Handsome Solo, Majin and 4 others repped this.
  9. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    because we mixed with them and as you were told before there is a lot of black people living on the east coast.

10. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's cool, man!. Why the Dominican Republic flag, though?. Are you half Dominican?

El Pipiripau and Special_talent23 repped this.
  11. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yep, white Dominican too. A little funny because it's usually Mexicans that are white and Dominicans that are more black, but i'm reversed. I would say i'm more Mexican though,that's why i'm always on these forums, a little way to connect with football.

JJV1994, Majin, OG Junglist and 5 others repped this.
  12. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's neat, man. You should post more. Your comments are quality.

El Pipiripau and DankYummy repped this.
  13. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks, i always like your posts too. I will write more.

Centauro del Norte repped this.
  14. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I feel the same way im half Cuban half Mexican but identify more with the Mexican side. Living @ Miami so got few brothers here to watch games with but this forum fills that void

15. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What city would you say has the highest % of African Mexicans? Would love to travel there 1 day. We need more Malecks

DankYummy repped this.
  16. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh sorry I wouldn't know exactly know, i just visit family when i go to Mexico, i just know of my area, and other small towns around and along the coast.

Emigomez repped this.
  17. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Special_talent23 and DankYummy repped this.
  18. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    This kid scores practically every week!

I'm glad this kid is producing. I hope Mexico offers him an opportunity or path to the NT in the future.

JJV1994, #Vela, DankYummy and 2 others repped this.
  19. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Me da mucho gusto por Joao, prácticamente estoy seguro que el tipo ya se gano el interés del Porto y lo van a fichar al termino del préstamo.

Lo ha hecho muy bien con el Porto Sub-19, ha metido goles importantes a equipos de la Youth Champion League.

¿Como la ves con este muchacho, @Centauro del Norte ?

Me gustaría ver a Macias también en Europa ya.

Acapulco, Guerrero, sin duda alguna.

El problema es que en Guerrero no hay equipo de fútbol profesional.

#Vela, DankYummy, Emigomez and 2 others repped this.
  20. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    925119589054406657 is not a valid tweet id

A little late, but...

21. L.A.

L.A. Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really want this kid to succeed. Hope he pans out.

#Vela, DankYummy and Special_talent23 repped this.
  22. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico abolished slavery in 1810. There wasn't another big influx of Africans, the blacks that lived in Mexico mixed with locals (specially Amerindians), so many of us have black genes without knowing it.

In the coast of Guerrero and Veracruz there were black populations that lived -relatively- isolated, but even those are mixed. You won't find an Afro-Mexican who doesn't look mixed, at least that it's from recent inmigration (like the Laboriel brothers -Johnny & Abraham- who's father is a garifuna from Honduras, or Kalimba who has Cuban roots).

Btw, not just in the coast there are Afro Mexican populations, this a less known town in Coahuila:

23. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess Mexico is a literal melting pot of all races, in south America and USA and even Cuba they made sure to segragate the races enough that even today if you look at the Olympics or NT's like Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, USA you see very little mixing.

Mr. P Mosh, Lukato and DankYummy repped this.
  24. Majin

Majin Member+

Arsenal
    Mexico
    May 7, 2013
    Zacatecas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    got an assist

Otaku, Philip J. Fry and DankYummy repped this.
  25. ar2ro

ar2ro Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Shanghai, China
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico imported nowhere near the total number that went into the US or Brazil. If it had more than anyone in the 16th century it's important to remember that New Spain and Mexico are not synonymous and less than 5% of all slaves even arrived before the 16th century. :)