Juninho Granted Work Permit After Successful Middlesbrough Appeal

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Kambiz_BAHAL, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

Juninho to Middlesbrough?

what do you guys think of this, will he do well in EPL... i personaly like Juninho's style alot, very good midfielder...

2. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    he's already played in the EPL for middlesborough, actually......

3. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    And he certainly was scintilating to say the least. The knock on Juninho has been, to an extent, that he never really was the same since his injury before WC 1998. In Spain, he was lackluster and in Middlesboro he was okay but... was he injury prown? I cannot really recall. When he returned to Brasil, he went to Vasco and started to come around and play like his old self... then again when he returned to Vasco they overhauled the team, remember? Pernambuca, Edmundo, Romario, etc...

His second stint may be okay. Personally, I don't know what Middlesboro were looking at in the WC since he didn't impress me at all. But he'd definitely add a creative spark to their depleted midfield.

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Middlesbrough Complete Juninho Signing

Middlesbrough have finally completed the signing of Brazilian World Cup winner Juninho on a four-year contract from Atletico Madrid.

The move had looked dead after the midfielder rejected Boro's offer earlier this month, however the two parties have now agreed terms.

Subject to passing a medical and being granted a work permit it will be the third time Juninho has signed for Boro.

A statement from Boro read: "Middlesbrough Football Club are delighted to announce they agreed personal terms with Juninho having already agreed a fee with Athletico Madrid.

"The club has agreed a four-year contract, subject to the player passing a medical and obtaining a work permit from the Department of Employment.

"The Brazilian international is due to link up with his new team-mates week commencing 5 August and it is hoped that he will make his debut in the pre-season friendly against Alaves on 7 August ."

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Middlesbrough are delighted after Juninho was awarded a work permit.

The Brazilian was originally refused a permit due to not having played in the required number of recent internationals, however this has now been overturned on appeal.

Boro chief executive, Keith Lamb, told the club's official web site, "We are delighted by the decision and would like to extend our thanks to the Department of Employment for arranging such a swift appeal hearing and the members of the appeal committee for their sympathetic hearing. It is now our intention to arrange for Juninho to travel to England at the earliest opportunity."