June 6 Game in Chicago...

Discussion in 'Houston Chapter' started by Tankfantry, May 12, 2009.

1. Tankfantry

Tankfantry Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering who is not going to go to the game since my trip overseas was cancelled I plan on going to the Mezz for the watch party.

2. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    In Chicago in Section 122 w/ AO.

3. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to say I'm so excited we have a Houston chapter of the AO now!

4. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am wondering how many AO Houston Chapter members do we have going to this game?
    Can't wait to be a part of it.

5. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    30+ I think. Quite the initiation LOL

6. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is that we might have 75ish.

7. Tankfantry

Tankfantry Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shit so it looks like I will be the only one at the Mezz, ah well.

8. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the word could be wrong though, that is just what a little birdie told me. that is the number for the game, the AO number for houston people in the section is more like 35-40 I would guess.

9. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, the Mezz is having a Watchparty for this as well and there will still be people that could not make the trip. Should still be a good time and you can hang out with other Fans, did I mention a Saturday Night at a Bar? :D

10. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminder, for those not making the trip to Chi-Town (Wish you were here by Pink Floyd comes to mind) head out to the MEZZ on Saturday for the Watchparty.

Chris (and a few others) will be there if anyone needs contact info for the H-Town Chapter, otherwise PM me and I will get in touch with you as soon as I can.

See all you travelers tomorrow!!

11. Tankfantry

Tankfantry Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unlike last night (stupid work) I will actually be at the Mezz for the Saturday game...so count me in.

12. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    H-Town Chapter & Friends: Thanks again for rolling with us to the Windy City. A shout out to those that went to the Mezz as well.

Stay tuned as we are going to start working on some "stuff", will let you know more as soon as we have more details.

Thanks again!

13. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    One word describes the whole trip EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't realize we had our own subforum.

Indeed, EPIC trip. :D

15. Grave27

Grave27 Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, Hey just wanted to say its good to have you all as part of AO. The sound that you all bring is money, I wish that the ass that ran Soldier would have let you guys and Phily band take there stuff in, it would have be fun to see you guys work with each other.

16. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a great time standing in the middle of a bunch of Houston fans on Saturday night in section 122.

You guys are almost as good as the Barra Brava / Screaming Eagles. :D

17. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you.

A few of those guys were not very receptive to us. On the other hand a couple of them dug us. I liked playing with them, even if some of them rolled their eyes at our sound. Anybody who thinks there is only "one sound" to our supporters needs a knee to the groin, we are a melting pot of sounds and I got the feeling many of the people liked what we brought to the table.

We did hear one person from the philly group say (paraphrasing) "don't invite them to the march, they don't have the right sound". I know the whole group did not echo this thought, since the trombone guy did end up coming over and giving us the invite, but that still stunk. Big ups to the guy who walked with me (if you read this, send me a pm I never got your name) as well as Captain America (you pm me too), he was a great guy.

Back at you, thanks for singing for the full 90. Besides our boys it was you and this kid to my right. Next time we need to get everybody who will repeat songs 5+ times in one general area. This 1 to 2 times and then silence is nonsense.

18. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can still barely talk today. I destroyed my voice on Saturday, but man was that fun.

We need to teach some of these kids enough Spanish to insult our opponents and referees. :)

19. Grave27

Grave27 Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the most part we have just have had one sound, but I have only been to two games, this one and C-Bus, what you guys have I think has been missing in some ways from US fans and now we have it and that's what its about. I think we did what we could with we had in getting songs going with only one drum and not being able to here each other for most of the game.

20. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't treat us as exclusive. BB and Houston have much mutual respect for each other. I know that Victory (aka the loudest mother********er in MLS history) and I almost got thrown out of the stadium for standing on seats and being raucous. Could you imagine that some American fans called security to get us down off the seats and to keep us from singing?

The best part of the whole game was when some 17 year old attempted to impress his girlfriend by threatening to fight Victory and I.

Note to all you casual MLS fans. If you are a male thinking of wearing cubic zirconium earrings to your first professional soccer game do not start talk to anyone. Just put your hands at your side and shut up.

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People go to soccer games to watch them?

22. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have heard me screaming my fool head off down in Saprissa, trying to get a bunch of American college kids singing Spanish songs.

Dale dale
    Dale mi carazon
    Ganaremos
    Ganaremos
    Tenemos campion

(apologies for spelling errors)

The Costa Ricans in front of me were a bit surprised that I knew that one. :D