June 14th USA vs France

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Calci0, May 5, 2014.

1. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    well settle in dear because rapinoe and heath is the best midfielders on our team, and they are definitely going to the world cup, embrace it dont fight it, it'll be easier.

2. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Well I'm not into those Tobin heath wars... It would be just nice if you don't use Rapinoe to support your tobin heath argument. Rapinoe was your number 1 enemy not long ago...

3. JerseyFootball

Dec 15, 2012
    The argument is stupid. Tea likes Tobin Heath. Other posters don't like her as player. Move on people.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I eagerly await the first half for France.

5. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    are you serous?? newsouth says only tobin gets dispossessed, well so does rapinoe but times a hundred, my argument is they get dispossessed is because they are trying to produce things and because of their creativity, so rapinoe definately fits in the category. hey im cool with people not liking heath for the way she plays, but the fact less things newsouth comes up with needs to be challenged becomes he just makes things up non stop

6. EbaJones

EbaJones Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    FFC Frankfurt
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Cox and Krieger did a nice job stepping into passing lanes most of the night. I think the back line is far from settled. Can Dunn stay healthy? Despite a fantastic match from Rampone, can she be counted on to start in a year? I am wondering where Krieger will end up by WC. She could stay at RB or move to LB since Dunn appears far more comfortable on the right side. I also wouldn't be surprised to see her at CB in the end. In college she moved from midfielder to defender simply because the team needed her there due to injuries. I think Engen is not what coaches expected and who knows the thinking on KO? To not give her a chance doesn't make sense.

kolabear repped this.
  7. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Cox. She's probably my favorite option on LB for many of the reasons you mentioned. She was outmatched on speed but did a good job in adjusting. I think that is actually part of my problem with her last night is she wasn't able to use that fantastic left foot in the offense because she was having to anticipate Thomis. She had to drop farther back than you want a LB in a 4-3-3 to drop to anticipate and avoid a foot race with Thomis. Sauerbrunn and Rampone also covered Cox well a couple times.

The whole backline did a great job at containing France's offensive threats, including Thomis. However, on the backline, if we have to choose a weak link, it'd be Cox.

kolabear repped this.
  8. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    There is a difference in an attacking forward making a bad pass on a through ball or it getting cut-out and a hldong midfielder turnover.

The same with one v one's, once you beat the first two players you have to get your head up to pass to where defensive help is coming from, somebody has to be running to that space expecting the ball is coming. That also matters where and when it happens and how often a moment of genius comes in with those failed attempts. So far the jury is out on Heath in my mind, but she needs to tighten up with the ball.

9. Newfor2010

Newfor2010 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Club:
    Asker FK
    A few comments about Dunn have raised the question like can she stay healthy. She didn't miss any call ups in 2013 and was more than durable in 4 years of college. Unfortunately she suffered a high ankle sprain at the end of 2013 which sidelined her for a couple of months (as that's not a regular sprain) but she played in I think the first 10 or 11 games for the spirit before tweaking a hammy. I would have been more concerned if her ankle was bothering her or she required surgery (which man uswnt players have had already).

10. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree...all turnovers are not the same. I'd like to see a breakdown on where they happened: final third or middle of the field? I just watched the video, and a couple of the turnovers were attempts at through balls or a final pass, which are always higher risk but you want a player to go for them.

11. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    That's much better;). It's cringey when you pretended that you like or think highly of Rapinoe.

Go on with your argument, I have to say, newsouth has quite a few good points there.

12. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    i dont understand here are the stats
    Heath-5 (1)1vs1...(2)dispossessed..(1)attempted short pass....(1)attempted through ball...
    Press-4 (1)attempted pass..(1)dispossessed..(1) attempted pass over the top..(1)let ball go out
    Holiday-4 (1)attempted pass..(2)dispossessed..(1)kicked ball out
    Lloyd-5 (3)attempted pass..(2)dispossessed..
    why is heath on trial here but not the rest of the group. The worst turn overs came from Press(1) France went on the counter. Holiday(1) France went on the counter. Lloyd(1) France went on the counter. Heath's, Leroux's, Rampone's, Cox's, Krieger's ball losses did not cause any danger

13. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    lol i stated many times that rapinoe and heath are the favorite players for me, go read every post not just some. I even think rapinoe is better than heath, and rapinoe was the first player I started liking when i got into uswnt

14. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Except Tobin >>>>>>>>Rapinoe

15. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    i definitely like tobin more than rapinoe, but i still think rapinoe is better. everyone has a favorite player, if you dont then you are not a sports fan

16. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    That's all I want to hear. It's cringey. when you claim you like someone but only praise her in order to praise tobin heath and never hesitate to bash her in order to praise tobin heath.

17. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    i bash rapinoe when she needs to be bashed, cause sometimes she really really messes up, but i still respect and love her creativity, or is that "cringey" for you too which is not even a word.
    I listed pros and cons of heath and rapinoe, and both had goods and bads, so no i dont bash rapinoe to praise heath, i praise rapinoe bunch of times

18. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    here are the cons i see of heath.
    -not good at taking shots on goal
    -she is kinda slow
    -takes a while before attempting a through ball or long ball which slows down the speed of play
    -passes way too much instead of moving forward on
    -goes back into the defensive half way too often

I encourage and respect any and every player that attempts a 1vs1. Good for them for not being scared and just passing the ball like a hot potatoe. messi ronaldo proved that many times over.

19. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    That's basically what everyone else was saying, you just summed it up. After pages of arguments, you finally agreed with all that?
    :ROFLMAO:

20. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    i know i konw. I love everyone in uswnt...sooooo, if i bash any of them that must be because she really really messes up. but i am not bias at all. I bash tobin heath as well if she messe up.............(but tobin heath never messes up ) performance against france? Nah definetely not messed up, absolutely no, not even close...

21. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    are you feeling very cringey again...
    you explained nothing. the cons show that i know that heath is not perfect and is bad in some areas, and then you say i dont bash heath because she never messes up according to me, i just made a con list bashing her lol, and made a video of her give aways....take your meds coach

22. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    what everyone(newsouth) is saying is heath is the only person on the uswnt team that ever gets dispossessed, the con list does not list that her weakness is getting dispossessed, so no i did not agree with what everyone was saying. dude do you even read the posts?

23. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #598 newsouth, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Heath is the same type of player. Remember these are her highlights but you can see the tendency to dribble out of pressure vs finding an open woman. Also, thais' tricks and skills are more advanced than Heath but I don't want to get into Brasilian football skills vs Americans. I'd say she even has better field vision. Even with all that...

Thais has pretty much dribbled her way off the Senior squad. I don't know how the CBA works but there must be better mid-fielders coming up better than her. Morgan II and Tymrak > Heath, for example.

kolabear repped this.
  24. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Heath is career mid-fielder, Press isn't. Heath has been playing for an advanced club in France as a mid-fielder, Press was playing for an advanced club in Sweden as a forward. I've been calling Press out on Equalizer since the Japan game and esp the MIA 2nd half of the VW game when Marta was in breast mode and she was running away from the ball, even put my negative comments about her on this board. Outside of a couple of lost foot battles against a class "A" mid-field like France, he had a pretty good game. I even had her as woman of the match. people will debate krieger but that's fine given she was playing her CAREER position.

25. TeaDrinkerful

TeaDrinkerful Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    well good for Thais, looks like a great player and fun to watch, taking on a people does not need to be perceived as a crime, I will support them all they way even if they fail bunch of times. These type of players are only handful. Watching soccer where everyone only passes is a bit boring. What press forgot how to play soccer as soon as she is in that position...they played heath as a forward couple of times at PSG and different positions on Thorns. Im not bagging on press but it shows that midfielders deal with more passing and will get more dispossession rate than forwards or defenders.
    This is unrelated but watched a thorns game and saw something wild: