Jump Starting SA Grass Roots Supports Group

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by IRguy, May 9, 2005.

1. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    i have the day free.......any official takers???

2. richj73

richj73 Member

May 15, 2003
    San Antonio
    Where are you going to watch it at?

3. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    pick a spot...we did the Fox the last time, something small would be good. Everybody should have some sort of happy hour ....maybe. Whatever... i'll drive.

4. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas

:D That's hilarious.

5. richj73

richj73 Member

May 15, 2003
    San Antonio

The Fox or the Lion works for me. Either is good.

6. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    screw it, lets do the fox.....i'll call early and get a big screen. they owe us one.

any other takers???we'll be there

7. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ok, I missed the Champs League final (damn job), but is anyone up for the USMNT v. CRC on Saturday? F&H, L&R, whatever, at least we won't have to compete with a Spurs game.

We can watch the match, drink beer, b!tch and moan about the hibernating state of MLS San Antonio and otherwise have a grand ol' time.

Let me know if anyone else wants to catch the match. :cool:

8. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    man, the champions league final was great...about 12 people all getting there on there own.... great game!!!! and big screens, full audio. now, about saturday....i dont think i can make it.....i'll be tubbing at the river. Im still trying to sneak out of it.

9. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Ah, but tubing the Guadaloupe is one of central Texas's great pleasures.

10. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However, he said he was going tubbing. Never seen that before, but it presents a wonderful image.;)

11. gabola71

gabola71 Member

May 31, 2001
    Texas
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC

I think I will try to make it to the Lion and Rose for the game on Saturday evening. I should be able to rustle up a few others to enjoy the game and some beer. Although the USA is 0-1-0 when I watch a game there so I might need to leave if we are playing poorly and return to the casa where we have a great record.

Gabby

12. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yeah, and STMC ("Stan the Man Collins" for those not in the know) called the Guadalupe River the "Guadaloupe."

Put them together and we have CA-SA floating in the ocean in some bathtub or wash basin somewhere just southeast of Puerto Rico. I hope he speaks some French! :D

So I'll be at the L&R tomorrow, I'll wear my Germany jersey for good luck. CA-SA: tubing early, soccer late. If you show up sunburnt and wasted, we'll all understand.

13. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    game was great but my tab was ************ing out of this world! I got there right before halftime....with a couple of friends (thats why i didnt sit with group) all wet/sun burn. but the point is that i made it. Now, I'm not getting soft but just watching you guys chearing makes this all worth while. great job guys.....

i did see the germany jersey!

14. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Rub-a-dub-dub, where the hell is my tub?

15. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yeah, it was great to watch a NT match with so many other fans (I had never seen a match with more than 2 or 3 other fans, so for me that was a packed house).

The Lion and the Rose gets my vote as the spot to take in the NT matches.

16. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    I second the motion. Any nays?

17. Shiner

Shiner New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    San Antonio
    Old thread but has anyone been to the Lion and the Rose recently? Think there will be a decent crowd for the upcoming qualifier? Thanks.

18. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'll be there. Anyone know where I can buy a Jeff Cunningham national team jersey?

19. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    Check the Colorado threads....or ebay for a fake one :D . I'll be there wed.

20. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Cup is about to sell out. If you haven't seen PHP yet, you need to.

Since I was last on this forum, I've taken a job with FCD. Call me at 214 777 0225 if you're interested in tickets to the biggest soccer event in Texas since the World Cup.