July 21 - FC Cincinnati v. New England Revolution in the Battle of Replacement Coaches

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by TheRealBilbo, Jul 20, 2019.

1. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Sunday, FC Cincinnati returns to Nippert to face the revived New England Revolution.

How will our interim coach fare against the replacement version of MLS and USMNT coach Bruce Arena?

Do we see the return of Mattocks? Will van der Werff make the 18? Will Adi??? Or, should we just prepare room in the trophy case for a wooden spoon?

2. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Embarrassment of a game for FCC. Many players just look like they are going through the motions. Our goal differential is horrendous (-30). The fans are starting to become negative toward the players and management. I heard it all through my section in the stadium during the match.

The team needs to get a new coach hired and start working toward righting the ship. Rumor has it that it is going to be Ron Jans, former PEC Zwolle manager. Whether it is him or someone else, it is dragging on way too long. I'm hoping for some additional player signings before the transfer window closes but that is hard to do without a coach and with a GM who officially hasn't started yet.