July 18 - FC Cincinnati takes on the scraggly chickens from the east

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by TheRealBilbo, Jul 16, 2019.

1. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    #1 TheRealBilbo, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Alright then, since this board has been deader than, well, a dead thing... Maybe its time to see if we can revive this board like the team has come back to life in the past two weeks.

Go out to Mecklenburg Gardens, and Rhinehaus. Some may even brave crossing the river into Kentucky and inform the poor soles over there at Molly Mallones and House of Orange. Let them know there is a discussion place complete with the semi-anonymity completely lacking on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.

So, let have a game day thread about playing the chickens from the east. Yes, Rooney is coming to Nippert (maybe).

DC sits second in the east, 8-8-2 with 32 points, we are horrible with not enough points to mention. But DC come to town having drawn New England, and lost to FC Dallas. Yes folks, they got burned by the former Burn. We come off a spanking by the Loonie birds from the land of 10,000 lakes, an embarrassment which seems to have sparking something deep in the team, because the team has since shorted out the Dynamo and put Mrs. O'Leary's cow out of its misery.

So, lets prepare ourselves with the anticipation of greatness to come right here in Cincinnati Thursday Night.

Oh, did I mention that the world (or at least 200,000) viewer on ESPN will be able to see how we manhandle Rooney.

jschwarz repped this.
  2. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe FCC will squeak out a 2-1 win against the struggling DC United side (1 win in last 9 matches). Two wins in a row for FCC gives the boys some confidence and should hype up the crowd atmosphere for the game. Let's hope Adi's first goal last match turns into a good run in form for him. I'm exited for this one!

3. EPL Fan

EPL Fan Member

Arsenal, FC Cincinnati
    Mar 7, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We just may be able to squeak out a 2-1 win, jschwarz. I, too, am excited for this one. I love going to every game, but lately I felt that I went with low expectations. Something like, I just hope we score from open play, or I just hope we score.

With a little confidence, maybe we can just do it.

4. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    With the Crew tying the Fire last night, a win today will move us off the bottom of the table.

5. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Is it me, or is this game being played in slow motion?

6. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    So, for the record... Today, I could have chosen to do a number of cool things...

Jimmy Buffet at River Bend.
    German Wine School at Findlay Market.
    Ed had an Italian wine VIP cellar tasting at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield.
    Brian had cocktails at New Riff.

But no, I chose to head to Nippert I suffered through. THAT game.

That does it. I have to admit to myself. I'm an FC Cincinnati fan. I'm gonna suffer for it.

7. EPL Fan

EPL Fan Member

Arsenal, FC Cincinnati
    Mar 7, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Suffering is all we have this year. I don't want to start in on particular players and that sort of stuff. We're just not very good. We break down too easily and don't create enough chances.

I should have stayed home and rearranged my sock drawer. I had nowhere near the options you had.

TheRealBilbo repped this.
  8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    When you're down in the dumps head to Daniel's Pub.