July 10, 2013 - Los Angeles @ Harrisburg City (R)

Discussion in 'Harrisburg City Islanders' started by Zman Gunner, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HCI looks to rebound after weekend loss at Wilmington.

2. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Good lord, that was ugly. Terrible, TERRIBLE defending and another flat start. This team needs to reboot defensively, when is Greg Jordan due back? Signing midfielders like Bua is all well and good, but how about a different center back? Marshall's offseason departure to Pittsburgh and Jordan's injury really underscores the importance of a duo that clicks. And what the wing backs are doing is beyond me, the team got caught upfield way too easily. On the plus size, Harrisburg generated TONS of opportunities, smacking the post and nearly scoring numerous times. Touray is a stud, especially when playing centrally, and the squad showed some fire and testiness, but I don't know why it wasn't there at the beginning of each half. Focus, boys! Things are unraveling a bit, three losses in the last four, woeful home record, and unbeaten Richmond on Saturday. Golden opportunities to move atop the table squandered, sigh.

3. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordan was working out with the Union trainers on Tuesday with a large harness around his mid-section for resistance - would say that he is likely out a while. Anding got a goal and looks to be a HCI regular this season at this point so he should help at LB and LM.

4. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    I like Anding a lot, but he needs to work on finishing and crossing if he going to play as a wide midfielder. He might be in the Union's plans as a left back, but he probably will see more action at the left wing with HCI since Stephen Basso is a mainstay at left back. He scored one goal but should've finished at least two other golden opportunities. Still, encouraging performance from him.