Julian Green (Bayern Munich): In-N-Out: Julian Green on loan at Hamburger SV

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by smithfan, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look at this kid's production and how quickly he's advanced up the ladder (always 2 years ahead of the curve) it's hard not to get really excited about him. I think one day we may look back on this one as our anti Rossi or reverse Rossi.

The thought of a 2018 Parker --- Altidore --- Green frontline makes me want to pee my pants

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends...

Sachsen, chalaron and dwsmith1972 repped this.
  3. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course a lot of uncertainty remains and a lot can change but I'm hopeful on both fronts.

Sachsen, superdave and Winoman repped this.
  4. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So has he scored a hat trick yet today or should I start to worry?

BimmerBenz95, FW__, ImaPuppy and 2 others repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    :)

If you follow Green's father on twitter......................you'll note that he's a very political active all-American guy. It's all soccer and politics. I've never seen anything remotely German-ish from him except Bayern Munich.

https://twitter.com/jgreenSTPA

[Warning: Don't read if you're a conservative.]

My only doubt about Green representing the USMNT is whether he becomes an uber-prospect and Germany agressively recruits and fast-tracks him. Barring that..............he's a USMNT/USYNT prospect.

LongDuckDong and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...las-bayern-munich/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

nothing new here but shows Green's pre season performances are certainly attracting the attention of US soccer media and you have to think the hype train would be out of control if/when he logs his senior team debut with Bayern

P.S. the article is incorrect about one thing, Green is usually deployed at RW, not CF, as the article suggests

Testudo repped this.
  7. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    if that were a big issue, they would not pick up players from S America either. It is inconvenient but everyone deals with it. Guardiola is way too smart to tell players who to play for internationally.

8. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he breaks in to the senior Bayern team this early I just don't think he will commit to us, no matter how patriotic his father is, after all, his father is not going to play for him. This kid should have been recruited in to the US U20 team, no matter if he was 2 years younger, if he would have accepted we would then know he is legit.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  9. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he was on the 35 man preliminary roster, so I would think there's at least a mutual interest

10. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are you saying he allowed himself to be put in the list but wasn't selected by mutual agreement?
    Not sure how to take it.

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  12. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Lately, I've been getting the impression that he has not fully made up his mind on his international future, which isn't particularly surprising given that he's pretty young and still trying to experience everything.

13. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Him being on the 35 man provisional list puts him currently at our 2nd highest rated prospect of the next U20 cycle after Acosta, who made the actual roster. That in and of itself is a statement of intent on the part of the US. I know Steffen was on there too, but the US has always brought a player from the next cycle as the third goalkeeper.

14. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you getting this "impression" from?

15. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    He wasn't on the last European trip and he's not going to the Milk Cup either.

16. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could mean a bunch of things.

If no one has done it in a few hours, I will. The gist:

The author initially took notice of Green because he was a "dark-skinned player" he'd never seen before (lulz). He basically stalked him and, afterwards, found out some info on him.

He found out mostly everything we already knew...I think, anyway. The article states that Green has already played with the U-18 team as a right winger and that Klinsmann initiated that. Green has not heard from the DFB in a while (U-16, U-17). Article also mentions that Green's well taken care of at Bayern and that Green has the same agent as Lahm, who "knows a thing or two rising up the Bayern ranks."

Oh, and that Guardiola has talked to Erik ten Hag (new coach of Bayern II) about having Green play with them...which is the reason you probably want the article translated, right? :p

sakibomb523 repped this.
  17. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Ok.

18. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not trying to be an ass, but seriously. The kid didn't take part in a camp and doesn't want to lose the momentum he's making at his club to take part in a small tourney. So suddenly he may be about facing his allegiance?

mike4066 and HopperKowalski repped this.
  19. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wasn't he injured for the recent u18 camp?

20. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    All indications I've gotten is that it's by no means certain that he will remain with the US long-term. It's still too early. Of course that's just my opinion. Others can speculate as they wish as well.

Deeneaus repped this.
  21. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand where you're coming from. I just wouldn't take a couple of abscences as an indicator of anything. Sorry if I offended.

22. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whoa wait, he didn't write it like that. ;) He said, he took notice of him, because he had never seen him before. Not because he was "dark-skinned", that part was just a description of him (relatively small, dark skinned)

23. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    we have a pretty good record with Germans who have dark skin! ;)

24. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    I'm not worried about what Pep would tell him. My worry is the pressure to play for Germany that would come from teammates, other Bayern coaches/staff, his friends outside of soccer, the fans, and the media if he ever became a Bayern regular. Basically everyone in his life except his father.

25. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, lol. I was trying to make a funny. :D