JUAN P ANGEL: News & comments II

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by lfsr1544, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so his transition from English football to US soccer has been seamless, good for him, at least here he is getting playing time.

2. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Re: JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

F@ck'n Colombians. In Queens, in Bogotá and even in Cali. :D

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    JPA scores another wondergoal. He's scored four in four games.

4. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    You know what is frightening.......I think he can do better. Greenspan might call it "irrational exuberance" but this guy has got the skills.

5. ogmetro

ogmetro Member

Apr 4, 2003
    dos goles mas.....jpa tiene seis en cinco partidos con los red bulls

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Re: JUAN P ANGEL: News & comments II [R]

Angel does it again for RBNY folks. 2 Goals in 3 minutes to give the club a 2-1 win in Toronto. Big free kick goal to equalize & he smacks home a loose ball past Toronto FC.

COME ON DOWN TO THE SWAMP AND SUPPORT ANGEL!

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    will do when u guys GET A REAL SOCCER FIELD !!! how is angel not offsides in that kinder kicker field that is giants stadium ??? Happy he doing well tho, like I always knew he should have been starting at Aston Villa they are just racist and thought an english player could do better and they were wrong he had 2 goals less than Gabby and played a 1/4 of the games Gabby did.

8. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    His free kick against TFC was pure class. He is already and without a doubt one of the best players MLS has had. Class! I don't even like RBNY (or MLS)but I find myself watching just so I can see what this guy is going to do next. It is a shame that the football gods had to smile on NY and their fickle crowd though.

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    que golazo, muy parecido, si no igualito al de Bustos contra Boca. ?sera que JPA se vio ese partido?

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    IT'S GETTING BUILT DAMN IT! COME OVER NOW!

11. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    esta man va partir el record de gol en la mls, si sigue asi.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    eddie johnson el #9 de USA tiene 9 goles... tuvo dos hat tricks los ultimos 2 juegos :eek:

1 hattrick contra el equipo de angel

y si voy a ver NY RB el 14 de Julio pienso que va jugar contra el equipo de Toja... mi enamora me lo compro.. si angelito mete un hat trick compro su uniforme, jeje ya tengo la de river,aston villa y colombia de angel

UN ÁNGEL GOLEADOR PIDE PISTA EN LA SELECCIÓN

06/06/07 -Juan Pablo Ángel fue gran figura en la victoria de los Red Bulls tras anotar dos goles, dejando en claro que tiene nivel como para ser tenido en cuenta en la lista de convocados para la Copa América. Ángel sigue demostrando que su paso a la MLS fue un total acierto, ya que Bruce Arena entrenador del Red Bull lo considera vital en el andamiaje del club, producto de ellos los 6 goles que ha marcado desde su arribo a tierras americanas. El colombiano salvó de la derrota a su club ya que sobre los 23’ Jeff Cunningham adelantaba a Toronto que jugaba como local, pero el paisa muy fiel a su vena goleadora anotó a los 69’ y 71’ decretando así una nueva victoria para el cuadro de New York que es tercero de la zona este con 17 unidades. Gran aporte sería el del delantero paisa, ya que como se vio en la Copa Kirin el problema de la selección esta en la delantera, y que bueno sería aprovechar la racha goleadora de Ángel a tan pocos días del inicio del torneo.

13. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL!!!!!!!! He should have scored goals in the beginning of the season when he was starting.

Oh God not again. :(

14. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    He actually was scoring goals at the beginning of the season something like 3 goals in five games not really sure how many but it was until Luke Moore reinjured his shoulder that JPA and Aston Villa in general became less potent in the attack. If JPA had the pace he had prior to his knee infection he could really have been a consistent 20 goal a season type of player. It wouldnt really be all that bad of an idea to have him play for COlombia since no other striker is in form and one of the most imortant things in football is confidence which Angel must have lots of at this moment.

15. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd rather had him staying in Britain with Celtic or some other team in a competitive league. Him scoring two or three a game so often only shows the questionable competitiviness of MLS :mad:

17. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    If JPA keeps playing like this he probably will get offers from European clubs...Dempsey,Bocanegra,McBride all started in the MLS and now they are in the EPL the only thing is that JPA would need to go to a club that can actually set up scoring chances unlike AVFC (not trying to take a knock at them). Even if JPA would be offered a second chance at european football i doubt he would even accept since he is known for the loyalty he has for the clubs he plays for and he has made it very clear that he wants to be part of the MLS evolution.

18. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I only know one Celtic and there in the Scottish league, you call that competitive? :rolleyes:

19. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    It can be dangerous to use the simple fact that a player is scoring goals to compare leagues.. Many factors can come into play.. I'm not comparing MLS to the Premiership but an example (one of many) could be Joe-Max Moore who went from MLS to Everton and started out before his injury by scoring 5 goals in his first 5 matches.. A better clip than he was doing in MLS..
    Now you wouldn't want to use that as a way to compare the leagues and say it shows that the premiership is not a competitive league would you? ;)
    There can be many factors in how a player does one place or another as you likely know..

20. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    he is questioning the competitiveness of the MLS because Juan Pablo Angel has sucked for the last 2 years in his club and national team, and for him for all of the sudden out of no where start scoring like this, is a little fishy.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel didnt SUCK FOR OUR NT !!! the REASON REY WAS SCORING WAS NO ONE MARKED HIM !!!! lOOK AT THE VIDEOS !!! HE WAS OPEN ALL THE TIME !!! Angel would take 3-4 players with him and give Rey the Assit or at least leave him open. Angel was the goalscorer for us, while injured most of qualifiers and had alot of assist so show some respect man. the guy is good and the reason he didnt do well in england was cause of Villa. He had 7 goals at the start of the season and then they just stop playin him whne at the end of the season Gabby the top scorer had 9.

22. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is exactly what Jabino is talking about. Joe Max Moore played in the MLS, and I cant recall a scoring run like the one he had when he went to England. You cant say that MLS is better because he could not score like that in the MLS.

Anyway JPA is having a good run but it wont last. It is what it is and its just a good run.

23. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JPA didn't do well because of the formation the team used if I recall correctly. He was up top alone for the beginging of the qualifiers in a 4-5-1. It wasn't until we used a 4-2-2 that the team did better because he had help.

24. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Juan Pablo Angel ya tubo su recorrido en Europa y en la seleccion en los dos no hizo nada de ecepcional. En el Villa solo un ano estubo de un nivel bastante bueno despues siempre muy regular ni malo ni bueno.
    En la selecciòn lo mismo.... Cuantos goles y cuantos partidos tubo Angel cn la selecciòn?? respondan a esta pregunta los ke pinden a gritos Angel en para la selecciòn..
    El ya esta cerrando carrera allà en los USA.. todos sabemos cual es el nivel de la MLS donde son mas VIP'S ke jugadores de futbol...

25. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

he had like 4 goals in 18 games.