Juan Guillermo Cuadrado - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Apr 4, 2009.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah because he decided since first minute with colombia not to do that :rolleyes:......

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who is in the MF for Colombia and who is there for Juve.

Tho next coach .... Bayern’s going to fire their coach regardless next season.... he is kind of old you think he can last 4 years to coach us till 2022?

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was sarcasm dude.

The coach of bayern probably doesnt know what is colombia

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    $2 million a year for him to find out

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exellent match agisnt inter.....MOTM generated all the goal options of juve.....manduzkic wasted all.

0-0

7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah Cuadrado's bitch ass couldn't score against the mighty Inter!

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    https://www.football-italia.net/116244/cuadrado-considers-surgery

So this is pretty ********ing serious of a situation. 3 months could affect him but this is an issue that needs to be taken care of properly and he's wayyyyyy too important for us lose out on the world cup. He can get back into form a month or 2 before the actual world cup but can he actually continue on right now without the surgery?

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That’s intense. This will give several players a huge opportunity in the March friendlies.

Best wishes and time to pray for a speedy recovery. [emoji120]

sidspaceman repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, some of us here thought that his best role is off the bench as a super sub anyway. That may have to be his role now if he does come back in 3 months. I don't think we can trust him to start and go a full 90 after a groin injury like that. But you never know.( I am not a doctor & have I have never played one on TV.)

This is another reason for Quinterito to play his best and put the work in at River. The starting spot next to James is certainly up for grabs and he may be the favorite as long as he shows something positive in Argentina.

J-Mezzy, sidspaceman and Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yeah I am not happy with James lifting all of the weight of the team. I keep worrying about our options whereas Cuadrado did his part and now he's going to be out of shape.

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #2838 HomietheClown, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    I like Cuadrado and was hoping that facing new teams from other confederations would lift his game a bit. However, he just has not been that good this cycle (or shall I say has not lived up to expectations since 2014). A lot of flopping here and there along with defenders not being fooled by his dribbles which usually leads to him losing the ball more often than not.
    Pekerman has the next few friendlies to try and experiment now without Cardona and Cuadrado. Hopefully he can find a solution to both problems.

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like chara and the spark he added during the WCQ’s. I don’t know what he’s capable of in a starting role.

Those other guys - Pardo and Avilés against China/Korea were ok but I never really thought of either as part of the final 23

These 3 primarily have a good opportunity in March.

Anyone else? Muriel and izquierdo and GioM are likely to fight for a spot on the LAM in cardona’s absence in friendlies

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As Azucarero mentioned in another thread, it all depends on what Pekerman has in mind formation wise.
    I personally think the list you made is good. Maybe add Marlos if he finds his groove at Flamengo. Although he will be more of a replacement for Cuadrado he can also be a left side attacker if Cuadrado is healthy on the right eventually.
    Maybe Ibargüen of Racing strictly as a left side attacker but I am less enthusiastic about him.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can Cardona play in Abel’s spot? Really the only option for him.

LM/LW is James don’t see anyone benching him. Maybe Izquerido or Mojica as a super sub

Really hope we go back to 2 strikers. Falcao is just way more effective with someone backing him up or James is our 2nd striker and plays as a false #9

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have seen a couple of people on here say things like this and it makes me scratch my head. Maybe if this were the World Cup video game on Xbox.
    I just don't see it happening as a starter in reality though.
    He has shown that he can do it off the bench in certain circumstances (like against Argentina Copa America 2015 when he played well marking Messi a few times and showed some skill afterwards.)

But as a starter? No way. He is just not disciplined enough tactically (or disciplined enough in his hot head) to play that position.
    Add in the fact that he will not be able to play until the first game of the World Cup and it makes it a very low percentage chance he plays the "Abel" position.

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Froboy69 and sidspaceman repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm reading reports saying only 4 weeks, others 8, others 12 weeks.... if it's 3 months that is a huge blow for Cuadrado and dare to say the NT.
    The 3 months out scenario would mean eligible minutes starting in May which would likely be a bench role or similar low minutes in competition.
    While I know he's at times a very frustrating player to watch he's still a recognized force on that wing. Many opposing DT will be aware of his pace and realize they can't have an all out attack game plan based on how quickly Cuadrado can be involved in a counter-attack. We have options, of course, but with limited time before the WC I hope it really is only 4 weeks.

Furnaccio repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You have to believe that Chara and Pardo are the lead candidates to replace him on the right if we just play with Falcao up top They are not as dynamic as JGC is or as agile but they both shoot the ball on target better than he does. Let's see how things turn out.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pardo actually have a goal average lower than cuadrado per season

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That stat is a little bit deceiving to my eyes. It seems like from what I have seen Pardo has better accuracy on target.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is Pardo a starter in Greece? I know he was wanted in Argentina that would have def helped his chances.

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Juventus vs Real Madrid has been drawn. A very hot re-match in the quarter finals. Would Cuadrado be at least able by the second leg to play?