Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No it doesn't and no they weren't.

Clueless.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hahahaha

nice

3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Borja looked done before coming back to Colombia. Quintero's career is far from over.

That said, mentality and focus have been his issue. There's not a city on earth with more distractions outside of futbol for Quintero to be in...

4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It seems to me like he's headed down the right track at least. According to what he's said, he's also at a team that's interested in his development and is going to give him a leading role as well.

I still think he's more than capable of being a world class player but we really need him to focus now.

5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't want to say I've lost hope in this guy but I doubt he will fulfill his promise. He's way too old to change the mentality he currently has. He's okay with getting by and doesn't seem to put in the extra work. Will be surprised to see him start in Europe one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es que Quintero es un jugador que en toda su carrera como jugador de mayores a nivel profesional, nunca ha podido ser TITULAR en un equipo, en las 3 ligas donde ha jugado.

Si gana la titular en dim ya es un logro en mi criterio.

toca empezar desde 0.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Different players and different expectations. The kid from Santa Fe that went to Chievo also came back as did the CB From Once Caldas and Arango that went to Millos.

Quintero was being billed the next James or better then James at 18/19. He had a 10 million euro transfer to Porto while being linked to Inter and a lot of other big Italian clubs.

Quinteros problem is mentality and coming back to Colombia shows a lack of it especially not going back to the best team. Maybe he just afraid to eat bench there too

8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero had offers in europe too. He chose to come back because of the confidence the team places in him. Going to some other european team would have been the same as his spell at Rennes.

he'll get game time and a real shot at consistency with DIM. We have to see.

9. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    reggaeton is the problem

ryu79 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    isn't it always

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I worry that Quintero won't be that extra x-factor for the national team that was dreamed. A player who was so promising 4 years ago for a country like ours was very important.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I mean he is still young. Thought it was always weird that people called him the Next James when he was less then 2 years younger. Quintero had a crazy amount of pressure put on him at a young age and the team he went to wasn't a great move. Porto bought him expecting another James which he could never be. Gave him the #10 and he just wasn't ready.

They want to cash out on him but don't want to take a huge loss on the kid. I def think he will be good enough for a mid table team in Europe but never the star we all wished he could be.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    people don't really realize just how young Quintero is. Anything is still possible.

14. JudeCaso10

JudeCaso10 Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We all watched and was awed by Quintero. I myself, like many of you, thought Quintero was going to be BETTER then James...4 years later he is back in Colombia. Not to mention he had chances from several teams in Europe...poor lad.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lo mejor que vieron de quintero fue en un torneo juvenil....

colombia ha tenido a ciciliano, pino y john edison castaño. que fueron mejor que muchos juagdores que hoy son cracks mundiales como ronaldo y alexis sanchez en esos torneo.....

hay que ver la evolucion de jugadores, antes de pensar que son el futuro de colombia...

el talento no es lo unico

16. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Por lo menos marco un gol en un mundial. Y canto mucho reggaeton. Ojala se recomponga pero son poquisimos (quizas Cardona el ejemplo mas relevante del momento) los que lo llegan a hacer...

17. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Saw he had 2 assists in his debut. Did anyone catch the game, how'd he do overall?

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There's talk about his debut in the DIM thread.

What impressed me most was not necessarily his passing but he was hustling.
    It was his effort to steal the ball defensively that started the attack to win the game.
    Let's see if he can consistently do that.

Azucarero and colombianballa91 repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    didnt see the game but the news about him and Marrugo's confrontation during the game didnt sound very promising to me. I mean it's the 1st match and already an argument? Not saying it was Quintero's fault or Marrugo but obviously not everything is kosher with these 2.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  20. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Played pretty well again last night. He's pressing for his first goal, but he looks dangerous as hell.

The most impressive thing: He's played 180 minutes in 4 days and played hard the entire time.

I suspect it's a conflict of egos. Marrugo's been the main guy in Medellin for a while, one of the best players in the league; Quintero is the former golden boy of Colombian futbol. They looked fine yesterday. Sometimes those things can make you tighter.

ryu79, Doogs, kromekote and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    834061935276617730 is not a valid tweet id

834062565525299205 is not a valid tweet id

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So what is this kids problem just 0 stamina?

23. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He had some issue that put him in doubt to start that match. He's not going to play tonight because of it.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esperemos que sea costante a lo largo de la temporada

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Even though I hate DIM, for the national team sake and his own career, I hope that he'll do well and return to Pekerman's list.