Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    30 million is a lot of money, specially an offer to a South American club. I don't know if it's wise for JFQ to turn it down at this point.

2. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Cavani, David Silva, Suarez, Mascehrano, Ozil, Falcao, etc. There's been a ton of names linked to Inter Miami. People are just throwing names against the wall at this point. Wouldnt worry too much about that rumor.

pepinointer, villus and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He is 100% worth 30m USD in the current market based on where he was before he got injured. Its not even close when you compare to other talents out there. You have some crazy valuation that you've come up with but go look at some of the fees that some players are going for, Quintero has weaknesses for sure but in Miami for MLS he would be a god and is worth that easy with his game alone and when you consider Colombian in Miami on a new franchise trying to make waves if they could get him its a slam dunk decision imo.

There are plenty of big clubs in Europe that would benefit from Quintero's creativity. I watch a lot of soccer and there aren't many guys who can do what he can in terms of passing and execution as well as scoring goals, and even with his defensive weaknesses those guys are worth a lot imo, if he moves to Europe he could succeed at a big club if its the right fit I'm 100%.

The closest comparison I can put my finger on to Quintero is Ozil and Quintero is a much better goal scorer and striker of the ball, but they both have insane vision and execution but need to be in the right system and have definite defensive weaknesses, but that guy was successful at Real Madrid and was the Lynch pin offensively for a World Cup winner.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good comparison. I was thinking Riquelme - they built Villarreal around him as they did in Boca as well.

villus repped this.
  5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wanted Quintero to leave River after his wonderful year, but then came the injury. It'll be much difficult to leave right now, he will have to stay at least until the summer and it also depends on his form. Not that River is a bad place, but he is already 26 yo and barely played in Europe. If he won't move in the next year, it'll be very hard to see it actually happening.

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah I think he needs until at least the summer to get back to his best, not a bad thing really as River has been really good for him. I think if he gets back to where he was a few teams will be willing to go after him, especially if he features for us in WCQ and does well again.

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it would be nice to see JFQ handle a full calendar year or more playing regularly and being a 75+ minute guy before he goes to another team. That’s probably a big ask.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juan Fer on his rumored exit:

"No es oportuno hablar del tema. Ya miraremos qué pasa. Estoy feliz acá... A mí me mueve mi felicidad, ése es el mensaje que tengo sobre la vida y sobre el fútbol. Vivo el día a día. En el momento que pase lo que tiene que pasar voy a hablarlo siempre que sea lo mejor para todos. Ahorita no es momento para eso. No creo que sea oportuno hablar en este momento del tema de irme cuando tenemos una semifinal de Copa Argentina y una final de Libertadores por delante", explicó el zurdo.

"Nunca me había pasado de ser tan feliz como acá. Mis compañeros hacen que uno venga feliz a entrenarse, a esforzarse, no me había pasado antes. Esas cosas van a quedar en el corazón de uno", confesó Quintero. "El día que toque irme voy a volver a apoyar el equipo. Es el amor, la gratitud, eso no cuesta dinero. Lo que me dio el club lo voy a guardar en mi corazón. Vivo agradecido y quiero darle lo mejor. River no sólo son los jugadores, es una familia, es muchos hinchas que hacen que el club sea cada día más grande y nosotros tratamos de darles alegrías en el campo."

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...de-river-rumores-mls-venta-20191106-0008.html

sidspaceman, lurkerhp and villus repped this.
  9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

villus repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So why didn't Quintero play?

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borre, Quintero and Morelos missed their penalties yesterday. One of those days...

14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ah ******** here come the memes from other latin america countries...

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    at least muriel scored

HomietheClown and Bomb8 repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quintero to miss the Copa Argentina final due to injury... he was going to be a sub anyway, but it’s a shame that he had to miss out on all three of our finals in 2019 (Recopa Sudamericana, Libertadores, Copa Argentina)

Hopefully he gets the regular playing time he deserves in 2020. The world’s missing out...

villus repped this.
  17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hopefully he doesn’t go to MLS!!

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What happened now??

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nothing too serious... hamstring strain on his left leg. Typically takes a few weeks to recover, but we won’t be seeing him til the end of January since this is our last game of the year.

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    God these injuries. I am seriously getting irritated by the timing of injuries and on how they happen wayyyy too often.

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

villus repped this.
  22. villus

villus Member+