Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The famous Gallardo effect. He transformed an endless list of resisted/underperforming players into monsters (Pity Martinez, Carlos Sanchez, Funes Mori, and list goes on and on).

No idea how he does it, but every player that gets managed by him says there’s no other coach out there like el muñeco

Furnaccio, Doogs and villus repped this.
  2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    news on Carrascal?

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He made his debut in the reserves team today. That's about it...

Gallardo wants to take thing slowly with Jorge rather than just throwing him in there to make magic immediately. It's a process of adaptation (especially since Argentine football is much faster and more physical than the league he's arriving from). Smart move, as if he was rushed into the first team many fans would judge early and build extra pressure on the kid. Very few players have the mental strength to be able to overturn the pressure of millions of passionate fans criticizing you every time you touch the ball.

From what I hear, though, he put on a good display in the reserves match. Different level as the first team, sure, but it's a positive sign. He is behind plenty of other attacking midfielders though (at the moment Matias Suarez and De La Cruz --both subs-- are ahead of him), so it may be a while before he gets a chance. The good thing for him is that a few of our midfielders got injured over the weekend and De La Cruz tends to play quite poorly, so maybe he'll sneak his way onto the bench sooner or later.

Azucarero repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3479 locoxriver, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Per LPM:

Jorge Carrascal hizo su debut en la Reserva de River. Con botines naranjas y la camiseta número 11, el colombiano aprobó en su presentación frente a Rosario Central. Jugó 76 minutos en el estadio Gigante de Arroyito, donde fue reemplazado por Sebastián Medina.

Ubicado como extremo por izquierda en un 4-3-3, Carrascal mostró bastante precisión con los pases, aunque en algunas ocasiones perdió la pelota por exceso de traslado y hasta una de esas acciones le causó una tarjeta amarilla. Fiel a su estilo, tiró un par de bicicletas e incluso hizo jueguito.

Busco el arco en dos oportunidades, pero sin éxito. El primer remate del ex-Karpaty Lviv fue bloqueado por un defensor, mientras que el restante dio en la barrera cuando ejecutó un tiro libre. Las dos intervenciones más destacadas fueron para poner pases en profundidad: uno de ellos permitió que Alan Marcel Picazzo definiera mano a mano ante el arquero Marcelo Miño, quien contuvo el disparo.

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...ario-central-video-jugadas-20190214-0009.html

lurkerhp, HomietheClown and Azucarero repped this.
  5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip, HomietheClown and Bomb8 repped this.
  6. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero reminds me of Ronaldinho in the sense that he often does things that make people wonder if he really intented to do those things. I just hope he doesn't go to Europe, at least to a big team. That would be like forcing a sensitive poet/artist to join the military. They demand too much discipline.

That goal was insane!

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He meant to put it on goal. No doubt about it in my mind.
    Seen him do that at Nacional and DIM way too many times to say otherwise.

J-Mezzy and locoxriver repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  9. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He absolutely meant to score. But people who don't know Quintero that well might be uncertain.

HomietheClown repped this.
  10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    two years ago I would have agreed but he's matured tremendously both on and off the pitch starting with his patience and understanding that he can always do better. He's put his teams on his shoulders in no other than the biggest world stages (WC and CL). River is a big team that carries a lot of pressure in itself. My feeling is he's earned every bit of what's coming his way.

Bomb8 repped this.
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    villus, ryu79, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    That release clause tells me that Quintero still is planning on making the move to Europe, that fee is not a deterrent at all in the current market and is actually pretty reasonable which usually means the player and his reps negotiated knowing they can get the move they want without having to rely on the club to let him go.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He definitely still wants to go to Europe, but nowadays River puts release clauses on all their players and Quintero's figure is still higher than the ones other stars had: Pity Martinez had a 15 million clause (and left for less than that), Alario had one for 18 million, Palacios (NT player linked to Real Madrid and Inter) currently has his set at 15 million

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Borre is the only player in the squad with a higher release clause than Quintero (~30 million)

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If Quintero keeps his form and makes more strides in the next ~ year it's not out of the realm of possibilities that clubs would be willing to pay upwards of 35 million. Out of all of those players I look at Quintero and can say his ceiling is so high that 25m could be a huge bargain if things keep going right for him. Either way I'm happy that River/Quintero have been a great match for each other and with this modest release clause most likely both the player and club will be happy when the time comes for him to move on.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He had another missile of a FK yesterday that hit the crossbar.

Not certain it would have gone in if it was a bit lower since Arboleda looked like he had it covered with his extended arm but it was beautiful and dangerous.
    (Much like my last Girlfriend) Heyooooooooo.

krass, villus and Furnaccio repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agente de Quintero:
    “El proyecto de ‘Juanfer’ se está terminando de consagrar en River. Ahora viene el cierre de la obra de arte de su proyecto, que es dar el paso a Europa. Él ha hecho un gran trabajo y su mercado es muy puntual, si te pones a ver el juego de Quintero, son 10 técnicos donde él puede encajar en Europa”

dapip and Doogs repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quintero contract talks put on hold -

Ayer estaba todo listo para firmar el contrato, pero llego el jugador con su representante y cambiaron lo arreglado.

Juanfer quiere cobrar su sueldo con un dolar a $40. River lo quiere pagar a $30, como al resto del plantel. Ante esta situacion, el jugador aceptaba el dolar a $30 pero pidio ganar mas, a lo que River acepta negociar el sueldo, PERO si la clausula de rescision es de €30.000.000, en vez de los €22.000.000 ya arreglados anteriormente. El jugador, en principio, no quiere que se aumente mas la clausula porque considera que sera mas dificil que un club venga en un futuro y la pague para llevarselo.​

18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    here we go with the boring greedy money crap

19. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know he’s been great but he should not be making too many demands. He’s in the position he’s in because of River.

RiverGaucho, locoxriver and Azucarero repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think a player should always try and get paid what they are worth, that said with his situation I think River is pretty fair, you want more money they increase the release clause and they get more power. The lower release clause if he stays consistent will get him lots of money in a year or so and everyone wins, either way he's betting on himself, if the release clause is higher he can get more money now and later if he keeps his level high but he really has to show what he can do because it will be a bigger risk for a team to buy him. He doesn't owe River anything just like River doesn't owe him anything, they are both benefiting greatly from his resurgence.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Azucarero, pepinointer, villus and 2 others repped this.
  22. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Golazo de Quintero

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cuando no JuanFer? Looks like he's going to arrive to CA with the form of his life at this rate

Bomb8 and krass repped this.
  24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Was it really a golazo or just a decent goal but everyone here wets themselves when it's a particular player from us that scores....

25. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was just a normal goal by Quintero's standards. In other words: a golazo.