Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When he has space to maneuver he is unstoppable. Very happy with the result and for Quintero, he needed this.

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crack Total!!!!

HomietheClown and locoxriver repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    my goodness absolutely incredible. I recently finished watching the game as I was at work all day.

I wasn't expecting it at all, made me jump out of my seat in shock, I still have not finished processing what just happened.

locoxriver repped this.
  5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    villus, J-Mezzy and lvbeto repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope that this has done wonders for Quintero's future...seriously, I hope that because of important figures at this game that happened to be within this stadium gained the attention of the right people.

Furnaccio repped this.
  8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Little guy

Big balls

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    without phone dude.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown and Froboy69 repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Después de los festejos por la obtención de la Copa Libertadores, Juanfer confesó que el golazo que sirvió para dar vuelta el partido ante Boca y encaminar la victoria no fue de casualidad. "No lo pensé, recibí el balón, busqué el espacio, controlé y pateé. Ayer (sábado) había practicado ese golpe y es un gol que hay que celebrar", contó.

"Tuve la suerte de jugar el Mundial con Colombia y de ganar la Libertadores. Fue un 2018 muy especial. Trabajé, me esforcé y el premio es éste. Estoy muy contento y lo voy a festejar", cerró el protagonista de un gol histórico.

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-inter...co-como-fue-su-gol-ante-boca_0_yN_DxW4rH.html

pibe10, J-Mezzy and HomietheClown repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I kinda wish he was practicing his other shots that he sent way into orbit yesterday but hey, he was clutch on that one. :D

Seriously hope he stays at River for many years to come but after that performance I think he is going to get picked up by some Euro club sooner rather than later.

locoxriver and Furnaccio repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    His game doesn’t work in Europe. Stay at River the rest of his career. Plus work on being a starter for them before making the”jump to Europe.

Furnaccio repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    River loves money and may want to cash in no matter if he is starter or not.

16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i agree with what you're saying in concept. but like homie says, if a European team is willing to pay $X, chances are River will take it - pretty much the south american "football factory" revolving door mentality...

all of us here want JFQ to be an 80+ minute per game player who can play 40+ games a season

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    The fact that Quintero hasn't been starting isn't necessarily down to him not being fit or good enough. The team may not be strong enough or balanced enough to carry a traditional '10' and its better to bring him on later and change games when he's still fresh. Either way Quintero has been instrumental for River over the last year or so, so I'm not going to question how the coach has used him because he's taken an out of the box approach and its worked for all involved. In a different team that is dominating games consistently or tactically has more balance he could be fine starting most games, but Gallardo tinkers and has clear ideas that are best for the team and I can't really criticize since the players seem on board and he's gotten results.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If someones knows to use quintero is gallardo

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quintero reminds me a lot of el burrito Ortega, my all time favorite player. Very similar feints and cuts to break rivals hips and ankles, always scores golazos, thinks differently from the other players. Just a pleasure to watch..

20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well Porto still technically owns him; you think that maybe he can get back to europe because of that factor.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They technically own him, but the transfer buyout clause has been set in the contract since the beginning of the deal and River has said for months that they will use it. The figure is minute and there will be no problem paying for it, especially now with all the incoming Libertadores/CWC prize money.

If he goes to Europe, it’ll be through a direct transfer from River. His Porto era is over..

With Pity Martinez set to leave in January, Quintero will now take on an even more prominent role in the team. The fans love him more than ever after yesterday’s goal and he’s pretty much set to be the new #10. He’ll be key in Gallardo’s future plans, so the only way he’s moving to Europe is if he personally pushes for a move

dirtysanchez, J-Mezzy, Azucarero and 5 others repped this.
  22. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero is the Colombian version of Ganso.

Quintero should stay in River until he can play a constant 90 minutes of football.

If can't do that he should stay in River until he retires or Junior decides to buy him.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

locoxriver repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Santos Borre on Quintero:

"A Juanfer le encantan esta clase de partidos. Parece que no siente presión. Ve las cosas diferentes y saca cosas como la de ayer, algo inesperado, con el talento que tiene pudo resolver el partido".

Quintero on his goal:

"Por supuesto que fue el gol mas importante de mi carrera. Creo que no se compara con los goles del Mundial. Éste es mucho más especial. Y quiero disfrutarlo, porque un gol en una final no se hace siempre, es algo único"

"Es una Copa inolvidable: nadie nos va a quitar esto, entramos en la historia grande. Fue especial por los rivales, por ganarle a Boca. Fue épico. Esto es lo mejor que nos podía pasar. Lo que hicimos es para siempre, es una sensación muy linda que no voy a olvidar."

"Yo le agradezco siempre al hincha por el cariño que me dieron siempre desde que llegué. Lo mínimo que podía hacer era hacer ese gol y ayudar a darles esta Copa."

J-Mezzy, dapip and Furnaccio repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I herd that we search for a coach :whistling: