Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like I said, I want to believe that he matured. Same thing was told about Cardona. After he was kicked off every team, I thought his career was over. He can still be a jackass nut he did improve a lot and succeed in Mexico and was called to the national team, something I never thought I would see. So no need to crucify a 21 yo kid for bad behavior.

2. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not holding my breath. If he hasn't came out to speak to the media about his intentions of going back to Europe than what does that show you about his ambitions. Quintero has not really done anything to prove he's matured and what I mean is his work rate. He could barely play a full 90 and that's in the slow pace of Colombia football. Wish the kid the best but I don't have high hope to be completely honest. At least Cardona made it very clear that he wants to go to Europe when those rumors of him staying in Mexico were circulating

elviejomen and pepinointer repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMHO Corona, Oliver and Hector Herrera are better midfielders than him and more professionals. Easy the 3 would be part of our NT over him....maybe dont have his magic foot, but are more usefuls and understand better the modern football than jfq......and take account that porto is a team that promote young players all time.....why close the door to someone new , because the guy that never perfomed well for them and that all their coaches rejected him

Yes he played a good league (he was contracted for libertadores where he failed)....

do you really think that european teams considered that play 6 months good in colombia is enough proof to say that you are a guarantee ??? .........maybe with a good libertadores...but is colombian league where your opponents are jaguares and tigres.

elviejomen repped this.
  4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona is only one month older than Quintero, and Cardona have perfomed high since 2012....where he was champion with santa fe. He isnt 21....he have the same age of falcao in his first season in porto.

Yeah Cardona had discpline problems (before his 20(........But at the actual age of JFQ , Cardona have perfomed well in international cups, international leagues and in wcqs.

elviejomen repped this.
  5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No es facil ser futbolista, cantante y modelo por la noche todo al mismo tiempo.
    uds ven un fracasado yo veo un genio incomprendido, es el Marinlin Manson chibcha

pepinointer repped this.
  6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But again, they don't buy him, they already owned him. Why not to give him a chance? this is the preseason matches, they can check him maybe he can help them. He didn't forgot to play football and no one said that he deserves to be a starter. But OK, I'll guess we won't agree on him.

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2557 Baal88, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    A mi Quintero la verdad ya me parece indefendible, el cabrón puede tener todo el talento del mundo en su zurda, pero simplemente ya no le importa el prestigio que le puede dar el fútbol, solo quiere plata fácil y rápida.

Yo he visto pocos jugadores de su edad con una resistencia tan pobre, sobre todo porque tiene varios años "trabajando" en Europa con equipos importantes, así que esto es más una vaina de voluntad que de los mismos equipos. Todos sabemos que el man nunca va a ser el jugador más rápido y eso creo que no nos interesa, pero que a los 60 minutos ya esté jadeando como un viejo de 60 años y caminandola desde los 30 es imperdonable.

En sus propias palabras:

“Hay varias posibilidades y me gusta más la de Estados Unidos. La idea es una opción de compra para quedarme allá como jugador franquicia y tengo muchas expectativas sobre eso. Falta cerrar el negocio con Porto (Portugal), que es el dueño de mis derechos y tiene sus pretensiones económicas”, afirmó Quintero.

pepinointer, elviejomen and Azucarero repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that he is much more waste of a talent then Montaño and Pino. Unbelievable how a player can throw a promise career to the garbage so easily.

9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course. In my opinion he would have been important in giving James the freedom that he needs to thrive in the second striker role, but he isn't the only player that we have and he isn't irreplaceable.

pepinointer, elviejomen and pibe10 repped this.
  10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A mi honestamente me es indiferente... Siempre lo ha sido, como buen Colombiano estoy acostumbrado a ver exelentes talentos perderse por maricaditas.
    Ademas muchos aqui hemos visto futbol y seguro han visto mas de un jugador que sale de la nada y que no necesariemte muestran "El Gran talento" en interiores y terminan siendo tremendos jugadores y teniendo Carreras explendidas.

El periodico quema mucho jugador talentoso joven

Cruzifero and pepinointer repped this.
  11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ahora pensandolo Bien retiro lo dicho uds son solo unos haters porque no pueden cantar reggaeton como Quintero y por eso lo critican

Especialmente Baal

12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Viejomen deja de ser Carbonero. Bien sabes que Quintero no da sino para puros conciertos barriales musicalmente y futbolísticamente dentro de 3 años no va servir sino para torneos de barrio como el peruano o el salvadoreño.

dapip and elviejomen repped this.
  13. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El flamante refuerzo del show de Las estrellas
    [​IMG]

dapip, ryu79 and Baal88 repped this.
  14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Al parecer la rata continúa 6 meses más.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esa relación con JJ pelaez va a estar interesante....

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Y se les va marrugo......

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He will be fired soon.

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That goal was awesome, he has stopped shooting like roberto carlos, this is a lot more adept to his ability, it has curling but a lot of precision, also, he shot with the inner part of his foot.

pepinointer repped this.
  20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You can check the awesomeness of the free kick even better here. It reminds me of the one Ronaldinho scored against England in the Korea-Japan World cup of 2002.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    sweet gol.....he makes it looks easy --- fortunately it requires no running:)

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No ones posted here for a while. How is he doing? Chance of him being a surprise addition in Russia or is his career over?

25. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dam bro lol calm down. If he dont make it to the next world cup, that doesnt mean his career is over.

Disclaimer: I really dont give 2 shit.s about Quintero because I didnt expected anything from him, because we are talking about Colombia, the land of wasted young promising players. So dont take this like im trying to defend Quintero

so you are claiming that "if he dont make it to the world cup his career would be over "
    by 2018 he will be 25

you know how old was Carlos Bacca when he went to Brugge? 26.
    and on top of that he was benched the whole first semester.

you know how old was Teo when he went to Turkey? 25
    still was a failure and still he ended being named south american player of the year and a key player for the NT

you know how old was Cuadrado when Fiore signed him?

so 25 dont make him old he still got time to take sh.it seriously