Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He would be sitting on the bench behind Mac at Nacional.
    At DIM he is a starter and it is proving to be a good decision to go there.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Big match for JuanFer and Medellin tonight in the Libertadores.
    A win at home against Emelec clinches a ticket into the round of 16.
    Let's see how he and the team plays tonight in a pressure packed game.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Bad loss at home for el DIM. Emelec had a good game plan of high pressure and basically out-hustled Medellin all night long.
    Quintero had some nice passes and moves here and there but really was contained like the rest of the team.

4. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Un asco la defensa del DIM, hubo un lapso de como 5-10 minutos que regalaron todas las pelotas a Emelec en su propio campo,

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I didn't watch the match against River but he looked pretty dangerous in highlights.

6. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Share?

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He was decent, not great.

Tonight, on the other hand, he was truly special. He came on at the half with Dim losing 0-1 to Nacional. He won a free kick which Mosquera ended up scoring after a diving save from armani, sleekly eluded a defender to setup Marrugo's assist, cooly netted a penalty, and then assisted Valencia on a corner.

Dim 4-3 Nacional, a very memorable match

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2:33 da ******** that little shit trying pull like a smug ass nigg@? ROFL

9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, this one of the best clásicos i've ever seen. Both teams really fought for the game and the intensity from both was very exciting.

It is a shame that Quintero physically isn't very good, but just his set pieces and creativity show that he is quite a remarkable player. He must keep his mind in football, I know some people compare him to montaño but he is a player that can certainly give something different to the national team.

Montaño had an exceptional ball control but was unable to put a decent assist, Quintero plays for the team, even if he is horrid defending. I'm sure that he will eventually find his place in the world where he will gain the freedom he needs to develop his potential.

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That's everything right there. For such a little guy, his stamina is god awful. And he knows it, too.

I forget what match it was earlier this season, but, just like last night, he came in as sub and completely changed the game. His best performances in France were as a sub. Hell, Nacional used him exclusively as a super sub when they had him.

When he knows he's going to play 90 he isn't nearly as active and pacey. Until he can play at a high tempo for at least 80 minutes, I worry about his career.

PS Montano was in Peru at the same age, so that's a plus for Juanfer

ryu79 repped this.
  11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today he's played his most horrid Game in years. DIM is losing 3-0 with Quintero being one of the most irrelevant ones. His set pieces have been horrible and his distribution has been subpar.

Now 4-0.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Cali dismantled them. DIM looked exhausted. The decision to put in Balanta for Aguilar ended up nullifying DIM's attacking trio, and Moreno could not cover Cali's attack.

6 of the best attacking midfielders in FPC on the field, but Benedetti-Roa-Sambueza looked much more lethal than Yairo-Marrugo-Quintero today

13. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The best that Quintero can hope for is to play for a big Brazilian or Argentine club.

14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's true, Perez and Balanta controlled the game but Quintero had 3 free kicks that were perfect for him, and now, he suddenly wants to shoot every one like Roberto Carlos. Reminded me of Vladimir Marin and that really pissed me off.

pepinointer, Azucarero and dapip repped this.
  15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I could see his play making a big impact in the Brazilian league but Argentina would not suit his style of play.

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not happening, he still has a good reputation in europe.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    maybe reputation.....not the capacity imho

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only thing that can save this kids career is Porto cut him and give him free transfer. What they paid and want for him is never going to happen. They thought he was another James but he is another Macnelly. They still dream of a 30-40 million payday for this guy it's just not happening. His work rate and stamina is awful not to mention his dream of being a fking regaton singer

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They are asking for 10 million euro. The same amount they paid for him. I can ser mexican and russian teams paying that.

pepinointer repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can't ... that's a shit ton of money. That is what Sevilla offered for Izquierdo. Sevilla wants Jovetic who was on loan from Inter and they offered 8-10 million for him + he is a striker!!

Mexican teams pay retarded money for Mexican league stars can't see them dropping that on Quintero was wasn't even all that great V Cali. Bendetti was the star of that series and is much much younger + cheaper. He also has more then 20 minutes of stamina.

Other thing I didn't like about Quintero in those games was he wanted to take all the free kicks and was doing a super shit job. Wasn't your day bro give someone else the ball.

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Teams are very well aware of his lack of fitness and work rate. Shame that it's something that he has complete control over.

pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Stop asking him to NT....Benedetti, Roa, Montoya are colombians...

crzdcolombian repped this.
  24. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doesn't even deserve a call no matter how talented. Waste of talent worried about anything but football. You could say his loan to Medellin was successful but going back to Colombia was always a mistake because the issues he had had in Europe were not going to be fixed by the leniency he received back home.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love the despacito song. Hopefully he has a hit like that but as a footballer he is done. Call either of the Cali Amfs. This kid will fail in the MLS because one thing about that league is they need to run..

I said it before coming back to Colombia at his age showed a huge lack of ambition. I was blaming Porto for this kid failing a bit but no it isn't 150% his fault