Juan Fernando Quintero news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    With recent NT performances and questionable form from our key players, I think it's pretty likely that Quintero returns for the next call up. This injury he's dealing with is the only thing jeopardizing it.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mmm very soon...to say that he won a spot for the next call up......remeber that he also started very well in stade rennais and was called up for a wcq key...maybe estability could be for him...

3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I question whether he should come back just yet. But it's the circumstances.

If James happens to get injured again or carded, what happens then? Cardona has only just started playing again and is very out of shape. Macnelly has ups and downs.

The National Team has not been as stable as it was during the last qualifiers and Pekerman has been calling up tons of guys.

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This kid you want to use as a luxury when things are going well...not sure we are there.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    "Pocos jugadores tienen su calidad y visión de juego."
    I have been saying this for years. The guy can see the field like no one else in the qualifying pool of players other than maybe Macnelly. And his passes are quality.
    Just needs to become more consistent and change his attitude.

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    there is the problem right there...and a major one that makes all the difference in professional ball. What's a coach to do? Bet that he has his 'magical' day -- which JFQ will show up?

We all love street fair futbol, specially when it's applied at the top level ( a reason why the Brazilians are associated with 'Jogo Bonito') and he has talent but we're on 4-5 years waiting for him to explode and take on the world stage but his mental capacity to see this seems to be lacking. Just want to see some sacrifice in his game, in the way he practices, in the way he prepares himself. Everytime we have all wanted more from JFQ he has failed to come thru, with the exception of a couple rare moments. Some folks take longer to fulfill their role. Maybe this DIM move was at the right place at the right time. But he's on loan? So even if he has a stellar run here with DIM and goes elsewhere there's a chance that he would implode, yet again. Still, I wish him the best -if he continues to improve I don't see why at least a friendly call up would not be in the cards....but not quite yet.

Cruzifero repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    SO how has he been doing?

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He got injured a few weeks ago and was supposed to miss about a month and a half, but apparently he might play today.

Prior to that, he was doing great. He leads the league in assists. The week before he went down he had scored 3 golazos against Pasto and Nacional. Zubeldia has a lot of faith in him and the consistent play time was paying off.

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Forget about that futbol bs when is his next album "perreando con Las girlas" coming up?

pepinointer repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Think he'll be in decent shape by the time he leaves Colombia? Or should he continue playing on loan?

11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Well I don't think he'll ever fit in at Porto, so if it's between that or Colombia: let him stay.

He's shown a lot of drive and skill these past couple months, but I'd like to see a little more of him in Libertadores before making a judgement.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Dude is feeling it tonight in Libertadores.

He had a shot hit the post get converted for the first goal, assisted the 2nd, and had a totally legit 3rd assist disallowed.

HomietheClown, Froboy69 and elviejomen repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wow finally a victory for one of these guys.

Barcelona are in some form this year, beat Nacional, Estudiantes and Botafogo. Impressive.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ah so the little shit is actually keeping his word and working hard?

15. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    He should be called up for the friendlies in June

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have said it many times before but there are not too many players in our talent pool that have his vision and passing ability. I am so glad he is playing well. Hopefully he continues to work hard and become consistent.

pepinointer, pibe10 and lvbeto repped this.
  17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They drew with Botafogo.

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Quintero made one of the silliest plays I've ever seen to give Melgar a goal. Piedrahita scores a golazo shortly after...and Quintero gets the game winner a couple minutes afterward, also a golazo

Medellin looks like they could advance.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  20. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kid still has the talent, needs to find it mentally

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well this is a good sign for him. Maybe hope isn't lost on him.

22. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He assisted Dim's only goal this weekend. He's averaging a goal or assist per game. Damn effective.

I just hate how he walks the pitch until the ball is played toward him. Apparently he's leaving DIM this summer. That kind of stuff did not fly for him at Porto before and it won't now...

23. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He still does that? You would think by now the guy would get his fitness levels up. One thing I have seen from him though is that he puts a bit more effort into winning the ball back.

Azucarero repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thats why he needed to go to a stronger league or a stronger team. Rueda wouldnt have put up with that shit. Just they are batshit crazy if they think he is going to be sold for 10 million euro

25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    In his first few matches of the season I was most impressed by his work rate. Can't remember when I noticed it slipping again...it might be post-injury, which would make it understandable. DIM rushed him back into the lineup as soon as he was available