Juan Carlos Osorio news & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 21, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aguirre's Mexico was a thing of beauty at times, I wouldn't say this was lol. Good comparison though, it was like it at times. Here is what he did against Corinthians where he lost at home and was out managed imo. e2b4b82c-daf6-4083-b0aa-2a3d3fd22b42_1.jpg

LGRod repped this.
  2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When you take a job you should know every aspect of the challenge that awaits you. I watch Colombian teams in the Libertadores and Sul-americana does that mean I am well versed in the tactics and situations I would see if I managed a Colombian team? Hell no, I would sit with someone like you and watch game after game until I knew everything I could possibly know before being thrown into that kind of Lions den. Knowing the politics of a club is mandatory research imo. It wasn't like Sao Paolo called him up and the deal was done in a week, it was a long courting process , I believe longer than a year because they were chasing him and Sampioli even in 2014. He wasn't the first international manager to fail completely in Brazil either. Diego Aguirre and Gareca are two recent debacles. I believe you about him wanting to manage the NT but if his dream job was Colombia like he said then Sao Paolo was his ticket imo.

Doogs repped this.
  3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You might be right there. I dont disagree. He has a good chance of becoming our manager even at Mexico. To my knowledge Mexico are viewed in a positive manner in Colombia. And like i said its the best NT a colombian manager has ever gotten so it is not something which is taken lightly.

I would have preferred he stayed in Brazil but i understand his reasoning too. Its easy to look fron the outside and speculate but I can only imagine what it must have been like for him to know a NT who's not complete crap is interested in his services. As someone else said, National teams above all and that includes Sao Paulo.

Yes I knew about Gareca and his Palmeiras. Aguirre is still there though no? At Inter?

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Getting experience as a National team coach can help Osorio get the Colombia job in the future as long as he does relatively well.

And let's face it, he has coached in Mexico with Puebla so he knows how things are done there, he knows the media, he has other connections. So I think it does make sense to just bolt Brazil.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aguirre was ousted soon after his libertadores disappointment. I wanted him to continue but he didn't use the state championships as a confidence/repore builder, he lost to a team that isn't even in the serie d here for instance. He never really tested his first team consistently enough before the libertadores, I had no idea who is best 11 was, I don't think he did either. Osorio seemed to figure out his 11 far quicker. Aguirre also tried using squad rotation methods and they backfired but I honestly thought he could be successful here, Sao paolo inquired about him once osorio left.

Doogs repped this.
  6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #181 Emperor Adriano, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Mexico also pays a ton of money lol. I think his decision makes sense but the Colombian national team is arguably a top 10 national team and actually has a chance to win a World Cup, Mexico doesn't. If I'm hiring Colombia's next manager Im thinking bigger than him. I'm not saying the Mexican job is crap but you need a captain who can operate in a hurricane which is conembol. Concacaf is like a lake with a lot of boats, pretty easy waves. When you are in Colombia's position you have to ride out to the ocean and start facing the Giants. I want a manager who I can trust tactically

pepinointer, dapip and Doogs repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah. Thats where the debate's at with him and the colombia job. I dont think he's at that level yet but thats why the mexico job will help us see what he'd be like as a NT manager.

We need someone with more hierarchy. Pekerman is perfect basically. Once he leaves i hope Bedoya and co. Make the right decision when its time to hire his replacement. From the local managers Osorio is the closest thing we have but its still not enough. We've come a long way and its important we maintain what we have.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ii prefer Rueda than Osorio honestly

elviejomen repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Osorio defensively is very bad. Offensively his teams have been pretty great. His issue is after a while his rotation system stops working and his teams tank. Happened in the MLS and Colombia.
    Agree. Osorios teams are defensively suspect. Great offense tho. With the team Rueda had in 2006 he did a hell of a job. Only knock on him is he didn't promote the U20 kids fast enough but at the same time he started with 1/12 points so he had no time for errors.

I would like Osorios rotation system for qualifiers because we could have different teams based on where we play.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ive never liked Rueda. Ever.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's my question. How will his rotation system transfer to the national team scene? I don't think it would work.

pepinointer repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    5-0 v Uruguay/Peru
    3-0 v Ecuador

Who did he have!!!! No one!! Yepes and Ivan Córdoba + a shit ton of scrubs. Only good attacking player was Juan Pablo Angel who was always injured. In the MF he had Elkin Soto who was a stud. The rest of the team wasn't awful but in no way can you compare them
    To what we have now. Even tho I don't like Macnelly at all he is way better then Gio Hernandez. Strikers!!!

Only area we are weaker now is CBs and GKs. Mondragon, Calero, Agustin Julio id take over Bonilla, Ospina, Vargas.

CBs - Yepes and Córdoba were world class. Potentially Murillo will be that good but do you guys think Balanta, Franco, etc will?

Back on Osorios rotating teams could work. Reason like it for a South American club is get a team use to playing in the heat of Barranquilla then a team use to playing in the altitude.

We lose or do badly against Ecuador/ Bolivia and blame it on the altitude. Our Euro players can adapt

Then just bring dudes that are use to playing in that environment where it won't effect them as much. Bring guys that play in bogota, Mexico or he'll call up a dude that plays in Bolivia. To my understanding there is no cap on amount of players you can call up for qualifiers. So call up 2 teams

I remember the 6-1 colonoscopy that Bolivia gave Argentina where the players crying they couldn't breathe!!! Why not call guys use to playing in those conditions!!

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #188 Doogs, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Thats true the team was nowhere near as good except for a few people here and there. Although ill pass on Julio lol i always hated him

I always have that goal he conceeded against Paraguay i think where Haedo Valdez balooned it over his from like half field.

These are different times so i don't want to be too harsh on him. But ive never been convinced by him.

Edit: almost forgot, i do think Balanta will become world class. The guy is unbelievable on form not sure on Franco but will become decent

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs if Rueda didnt pick up the NT half way with the horrible results Maturana had at the begining, im pretty sure he would qualify us to that world cup.

Still the Ecuador presentation in the world cup had me with serious doubts.

Back to Osorio, he had the oportunity to coach a team in the world cup + the NT experience to argue that he has the requisites to coach Colombia in the future.

How can he say no?

pepinointer repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe he did the best he could do with the talent given to him. Also losing one of his best goal scorers to an unfortunate, untimely death did not help out either. Benitez in many ways was the heart and soul of that attack.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ecuador is utter shit outside of Quito!!! Why do people blame Rueda for the WC they have an insanely limited roster.

I actually wanted Rueda at Peru or Paraguay thought he could have done wonders with both teams. Or even Venezuela.

Rueda has 1/12 points when he started and we didn't qualify because of 1 point or was it goal difference? We def would have gone to WC 06 and would have done very well with him.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    prior to 2014, I think it was 3 WCQ's in a row where we missed out because of 1 point or 1 literally goal (goal difference)

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ship coaching our 2002 team was legit and our 2010 team is the same we have now. Our federation being cheap as shit and not wanting to pay Pekerman after they fired Pinto f'd us in the ass

19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still there are certain scenarios in the world cup where he shows the typical Colombian coach losing mentality by playing too safe

pepinointer and Doogs repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup it sucks but I don't know how anyone thought he had a shot with either of the teams he took to the WC

I think Rueda is insanely under rated and got screwed by our federation ugly

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah el genio del foro

jay luis and elviejomen repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need that brazilian guy back in here

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To discuss why Rueda is better than Osorio? Lol. About the link Pepo posted it is kind of accurate but non of the political in fighting had anything to do with Osorio. Sao Paolo has always had the reputation as one of the most organized and well run clubs in Brazil, probably the most modern imo. The past 1.5 years have been pretty ugly but it's also due to the economy shrinking so much here and Sao Paolo having a huge wage bill even by mid table euro standards. Osorio gets no excuse here, it's brazil, more common behavior then not. The politics managing Mexico are far more.

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No nothing to do with either of them. It was to ask you about the fighting.