Juan Carlos Osorio news & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 21, 2015.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why take a job in Brazil if you need a full year just to play well? He can't adjust tactics to his personal and in a game by game basis, it was rather clear in Brazil. Did he win a libertadores with all his time in Colombia? Maybe i missed that...

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I understand, but i just want to make it clear tht im not a osorio group of bigsoccer. A man with a lot of tactiv virtues , but with a terrible eye to discover talent asking players and with a lot of time of adaptation.

Stats showed he wasnt so terrible,you are overreacting.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Stats show nothing in football really. If we played on paper Sao Paolo would be top 3 in the lg most likely.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So the requirment to get a job in brazil, is to click in less than 4 months??? that is just velocity not quality

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You have to win games anywhere. David Moyes wasn't given "time" also. But yea in Brazil you expect to see improvements in 4 months. If we leave everything aside on the pitch, he wasn't a good man manager at all. I'm not saying Sao Paolo should have won the lg but I expect a team to be able to defend and not be vulnerable even when they control a match.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato Loves him, I told you that already.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it wasnt arguing with you. i justt posted the photo. You are not the center of the thread.

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do you keep going on about the Libertadores? No need to be overdramatic. As ive already said no one loves Osorio many dont even like him. If you choose to have that bias in your head then go ahead but im telling you i have no clue where you get that from.

Its how Osorio usually is. He needs time to adapt to the system and his players. Osorio is a decent manager but he's no god. Why take the job? You said it yourself he has ambition and wants to challenge himself. Same reason why he took the mexico job.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Football isnt so simple, there isnt just one style, that is the one tha you have the percepction as the good one. osorio tactics require team, that stuud that you say was very similar to the one that was repeated here each week at the beggining

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has a pretty good reputation all over Big Soccer, there are people who don't follow South American football who think he is a great or highly rated manager. He gets a lot of credit on here, I wasn't referring to the Colombian section. Here is what I don't understand, why take a job in Brazil than leave? Is mexico really a better job? He mentioned when he came here that his dream job was to manage Colombia so i'd understand if he left for that but I honestly think he knew in his heart of hearts he was over matched here. He was going to get his "time" because of the clubs finacial situation.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree but I saw some very basic mistakes from him. Players even called him out publicly on them.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    NT football is above all clubs in south america in my opinion

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You also don't get a lot of time to train or implement a system with NT football and his mistakes in tactics will be magnified, especially in defense. He was beaten down by less talented teams with managers who only had their jobs for 2 weeks.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That always showed , that nowadays footballers are divas.

Players dont have to complain to coaches, they just have to accept orders. That is the problem, a coach isnt there to ask authorization from the players.

That only showed that almiron, bastos and ganso have a very big ego. Then the perfomance of 3 improved , especially ganso

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because his real dream has always been to manage a NT. Not just that but its the best NT a colombian manager has ever gotten and he's pretty much guaranteed to participate in the WC with them.

You clearly have no clue who he is if you believe that. If you dont like him fine but no need to be hateful for no reason. He's always been ambitious, he goes with the best offer. Now he's at mexico but if Brazil or Argentina show up with an offer then he'll probably go there because to him, who knows when he'll get another opportunity again.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato is the only one who really improved under Osorio. Ganso has probably had his worse overall season and Bastos was more effective under Milton Mendes.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah thats true, for that reason i never wanted him as colombian coach beside his called ups wouldll be horrible

So im happy that the experiment will ocurred in a neutral national team

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We can agree to disagree, you already admitted Mexico is less of a challenge. He just felt overwhelmed the whole time to me.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Other point of view

Osorio deve ter usado mais garotos e novidades no time do São Paulo do que Muricy Ramalho em quatro anos. Além de Renan Ribeiro no gol, Lyanco, Auro, Matheus Reis, Lucão, João Schmidt e João Paulo atuaram com ele em jogos importantes. Auro estava para sair, só ficou porque sabia que seria utilizado. Lucão era execrado mesmo sendo da seleção sub-20, virou um zagueiro mais confiável jogando ao lado do ainda jovem e bom Rodrigo Caio. Osorio driblou o desmanche do elenco são-paulino dando vez para a outrora esquecida base tricolor. Cotia enfim chegou à Barra Funda. Não foi assim que Osorio planejava, mas foi o que fizeram com ele. Tiraram dele a chance de disputar o título do Brasileiro, a diretoria não mentiu sobre o desmanche, apenas omitiu, assim como fez com a crise econômica do clube. Quando Osorio chegou, o pagamento de alguns atletas estava atrasado, inclusive o de “Alexander” Pato. Não deve ter sido nada fácil motivar esse time vaidoso, caro, mimado e com pendências. Basta ver como Michel Bastos se colocava publicamente antes.

Fez Breno, um cidadão que ficou praticamente quatro anos desenganado, um jogador que foi dado como morto, voltar em grande estilo, ousando escalar o outrora zagueiro de volante num clássico contra o Corinthians, maior rival e líder (Osorio venceu muito bem a batalha tática contra Tite, o melhor técnico do Brasil, e só não o venceu por causa das traves e de um pênalti não marcado e não chorado por ele no final, assim como só não venceu bem o atual técnico bicampeão brasileiro, Marcelo Oliveira, porque seu time perdeu alguns gols e Rogério entregou o ouro para o Palmeiras no fim). Fez Milton Cruz, um auxiliar aparentemente inofensivo mas que é um eficiente leva-e-traz da diretoria são-paulina, virar verdadeiramente seu amigo e fã (pelo que ouvi, Milton o coloca como um dos dois técnicos com quem ele trabalhou que mais entendem de futebol).

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really? Want to point that out because i think i missed that.

Clearly you are biased by whatever goes on in your head to have a subjective opinion. Like I said Osorio needs time and always has needed time. He's a decent manager nothing more. But no need to exagerrate

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is guaranteed a Wc with Mexico but you understand the expectations for Sao Paolo right? At Sao Paolo you are expected to compete/win the lg or at least get a g-4 and then to win a libertadores. The standards and pressure are completely different. I'm not biased at all , I wanted him here but he was overwhelmed at times, especially in the media. He disn't even know the club was in a financial issue before he took the job, admitted it in the media a month after having the job. He quit and didn't take his time, it's a cop out for me but like I said we can agree to disagree, just wanted to say my piece about Osorio.

LGRod repped this.
  23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    3-4-3 a lot of the time to my eyes but yea he used a 4-3-3 also.

LGRod repped this.
  24. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow sweet! His tactics sound similar to Vasco Aguirre's. except without the crazy.

25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course i know the expectations. I am just pointing out the way he works. Whether it suits Brazil or not may be sonething else. But Osorio tends to work in a certain way is all I am saying.

If you believe he was out of his depth fair enough. But as you say we'll agree to disagree because i don't believe so.

Yes i saw that about the financial situation. I dont know how thats his fault unless your suggesting he should have specifically asked or something? But i don't think people would assume a tean as big as Sao Paulo with the players they have would be in such a situation.

I dont think its a "cop out" at all. Had Mexico not showed up he'd be there still but his dream has always been to manage a NT. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you but its the truth. I don't blame him.