Juan Carlos Osorio news & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 21, 2015.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lo bueno de todo esto, es que todos sabemos que Osorio quiere dirigir a la seleccion (not fan of the guy) pero la experiencia de Mexico nos dara un glimpse como es tecnico de seleccion.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If he fails miserably with Mexico he may never get a chance with Colombia. Heck, someone like Suarez took Ecuador to the round of 16 of the World Cup and I never heard his name ever rumored to be Colombia's DT.

I would be laughing at Mexico but on the other hand sad for Osorio. I kinda want to see what he could do in the future with Colombia.

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I honestly dont want to see what he could do in the future with colombia...

Im not a fan of bringing a coach with a lack of NT experience to the NT. The NT coach needs to have a lot of experience, they tend to be expensive but the results are almost assured. Look at Pekerman for example.

Before we experimented with: Pinto Lara Leonel... Bolillo 2010 and Maturana 2006 wasnt experiments we knew they were going to be bad..

if Osorio does good in Mexico i wont have a problem, he already would have a good experience at NT lvl

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are preaching to the choir.

I would not want Osorio to be manager unless he does well with Mexico. That is why it is so frustrating for me and conflicting.

5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, my only point is that a lot of people and periodistas want him to coach the NT because of his success in Atletico Nacional.

But managing a club is a whole different story than managin a NT; honestly we should keep going with this same policy of spending a lot in a renowed NT coach, is expensive but when the NT is successfull it generates a lot of money.
    Not the old policy spending little on a coach and hoping something like what happened with pinto in Costa Rica

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think they just write that to sell papers/gather people to their blogs.

After the success of Pekerman I doubt we will go back to the unproven guys on the National team stage.
    But you never know.

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have that sad feeling also....

8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah i've never liked Rueda, I personally prefer Osorio between the two and wouldn't mind seeing Osorio with the NT once Pekerman leaves, probably the only local manager I kinda trust with the NT

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yup. It should be a no brainer to continue to go for foreigners regardless of their price. The colombian NT competes at a high level and deserves a manager who can live up to that. No one in the local league really has what it takes, however if we have no choice and I had to pick someone local i'd probably go for Osorio.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    apparently Jurgen Klopp has rejected an offer to manage Mexico

http://www.elespectador.com/deporte...chaza-oferta-dirigir-seleccio-articulo-589905

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mexico no quedo sano con sven goran erickson??? ese snobismo por contratar dts es lo que los tiene jodidos.

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is becoming a novela!

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Horrible.

I hope he does well, but if Mexico fails I will be happy too. Win-win.

16. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think is good news. Is a good barometer for us. Now, if he "fails" is all relative. It's Mexico after all. What does failure mean in Mexico? No more "Dos a Cero" would be a good start. Not qualifying to the WC? They're always a shoe-in given their confederation. So yeah, if he fails at that then he's definitely not for us.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think they are a shoe in to qualify. Last cycle it essentially took the USA the help them out on the Final match day. Then they needed to win a playoff.
    In previous cycles they struggled before the hex with Sven as their manager and also with Ojitos Mesa and were a couple bounces away from missing out.

I think if the team does not buy into Osorio's tactics soon they may struggle in their qualifying group which starts next month. H0nduras, Canada and El Salvador all can give them problems if they have a hard time picking up on Osorio's philosophy and strategies.

Let's see.

18. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh I know. I was being a bit facetious. I remember watching those two games, boy did I feel bad for Panama. But still, historically they are *practically* a shoe-in. I think they only failed to qualify once, 82, I think. Could be wrong. Currently though, the minnows have grown, different times. So yes, there is a real chance that he could fail at that.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    All starts in November.

They "should" get three points in his first match against El Salvador. Although it could be very close if they bunker and play for a draw. And a game at the Azteca like that could be disastrous cause the crowd will be impatient. So they may play at a smaller venue like they did last cycle.

Then 4 days later they have to play in Honduras. A place they never ever seem to win at.

The pressure will be on if they only have 1 point going into next year. But they could also have 4 points in my mind and everything could be rosey.
    We shall see.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't Mexico try to qualify with their u20 essentially last time around. Remember them calling a bunch of random kids all the time.

He will have a tough start as his first game will be against US off the bat. Mexican media seems crazy and their fans expect unrealistic results but this is the biggest foriegn team any of our coaches have gotten so far.

So good luck Osorio.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    His first game in in November.

The Tigres manager is going to be interim manager on Saturday.

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sao Paulo have announced his departure. Seems like now he really is going over there.

Wish him well

pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sin duda el fútbol colombiano hoy es menos mediocre de lo que era gracias a Osorio .

Saco a muchos técnicos de rotación tradicionales de su monopolio , obligó que se trajeran técnicos de afuera y mejor estudiados a la liga .

Seguramente no va a ser fácil lo de México , y va. A experimentar mucho sacando fracasos .

Ojalá le vaya bien

J-Mezzy, BlueDamian and Doogs repped this.
  24. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #99 LGRod, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That aside, can someone tell me what formation he uses? Is he rigid with it?

25. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Aunque no lo crean la gente en Sao Paulo no quieren que se vaya. Para ellos lo que hizo a pesar de las cosas fue muy bueno.

Le va a tocar luchar contra una prensa mediocre y engañada como la mexicana, que creen que su selección es Top Mundial y sus jugadores nivel Brasil de los 70's. Si Osorio hace lo de Pekerman de no permitir que se le metan mucho dentro del vestuario, le ira bien.

pepinointer and Doogs repped this.