Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho doesn't turn 20 until next year fellas.

The first plan would be to call him up to the U20 Sudamericana next year and the U20 World Cup as well. Cucho can star in both those turnaments as James did at his age. Cucho can make his debut in the national team in the last FIFA dates before qualifiers.

The second plan would be to call Cucho up to the national team in the penultimate pair of FIFA dates and see how he responds to the national team.

I would hate to see Cucho burn out before he's ready.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bigger NTs call players early then that

Also you can be in the U20 and the Snt. We didn’t do it with James because of bad coaches. Cucho is great potential but James was always in another universe. I mean even beyond Falcao at that age. Falcao just played for River. At 17 James was a star at Banfield.

Cucho did decently in colombia now is doing great in 2nd divison Spain. Not exactly the same career track

I think the whole burning a kid out thing is an old excuse. They just need to be better managed and have a good head on their shoulders.

Libis Arenas was at least twice the GK Ospina was but never made it because of his attitude and the friends he had around him

villus repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The James situation was a unique one. I don't think it (him not being called up) had to do with the managers, I think it had to do with the Federation. Remember Colombia hosted the sub-20 World Cup and wanted that to be a priority so having James on the Copa America that year in Argentina was not an option.

pepinointer repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As for Cucho I think he has the talent to come in and look good practicing with the Senior team right away.

Unfortunately for him there is already a log jam at the forward/ secondary striker positions. There is no reason to bring in a kid when there are players who won't even make the World Cup who are already familiar with Pekerman's system and are good attacking options.

dirtysanchez repped this.
  5. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    i agree,
    But i also agree with Crzd and Homie. I Don't think calling him now and letting him train with the NT will hurt him,or evenif he played vs Eygpt.

The thing that might hurt him more is if he moves to a team that doesnt play him. I hope they call him up in May even if he doesn't get picked for the WC but he has to start for the u20 next year, same with juan Sebastian Peñaloza

6. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    All I'm saying is that there is no need to rush Cucho's call up to Colombia's SNT.

There is depth at striker and players who familiar with Pekerman's system, as homie said.

That being said, Cucho is still playing in second division, I want to see him do the same in a top five league in Europe.

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    We should have had James with the NT earlier, I understand that the u20 was important but its never more important then the NT and he could have done both. Quite often the top teams in the world bring in the best talent early because being around the team and training and getting guidance from the players on the NT is beneficial for a players career. Start grooming him now, because even if he doesn't make the WC roster there is a very strong chance this kid can be an important player for the next cycle, and the earlier the better imo. I'm not for bringing in any promising youngster but Cucho has the potential to hit Falcao/James levels and those players define outcomes/generations for national teams.

Yes Cucho has not performed in a tough league, but its not like he's failed he just hasn't been tried there since he's only 19, therefore calling him in and seeing him vs top talent gives you the chance to avoid the mistake if the 15% chance the kid is already talented enough to beat out current players.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James in the 2010 qualifiers and we would have had a better shot

He was the game changer for our NT

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If I remember correctly he could not do both even if Bolillo wanted him to. So his first call up was during the WCQ after that summer.

It worked out in the end. If Cucho is as good as I think he will be it will work out for him too.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have no doubt he will be a star but James is 1 in a generation type player

Just want people to not just throw that around which is what I think really hurts Quintero. People automatically dubbed a player a little over 1 year younger the next James.

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    is he not able to get a work permit to play EPL even though his pass belongs to Watford? What does he need, NT caps?

12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Watford might be able to opt for the special talent exception with Cucho, but It is very rare for this exception to be accepted unless the player is Braziiian or Argentinian.

The way I see it, if Huesca is promoted to LaLiga, Cucho Will stay there, be loaned to another spanish team, or they send him to Udinese, which is also very likely.

Personally, I think that he Will stay in Spain until he can get an EU passport or until he plays so well that an important team makes the 30 million investment to buy him.

kromekote repped this.
  13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I don't think Izquierdo had any NT caps, surely at a very minimum, but he was MVP in Belgium so I think he had that special talent exception you mention.

14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It also depends in the price payed for the player. Apparently if the player is the most expensive investment or one of the biggest made by the team It also helps. Izquierdo was the most expensive player of Brighton until Locadia arrived. Cucho doesn't qualify for that either.

kromekote repped this.
  15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yes that would help him get a work permit. To be honest I'd probably rather he went to Udinese if they can stay in the Serie A or play in La Liga next season then make the jump to the epl right away, those leagues are better for developing young talent. I'm sure he's going to be in a top league next year and I think he'll do well eventually anywhere but I tend to think that young talents and specifically young South American players get better treatment and an easier transition in Italy and Spain. If I'm his manegement or own his rights and own another club in Italy I let him go there for at least a season, and don't risk stalling his development.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Udinese is 1 point away from relegation with 2 matches to go. I haven't seen them play this season but just looking at stats (which I know doesnt paint the whole picture), getting goals doesnt seem to be an issue....but their defense seem to let a lot in. Anyhow, I know what you mean regarding his transition to those 2 leagues. I wouldn't mind that he play in Liga next year but I would like to see him play for at least a competitive top 7 team in Liga where we can see him maximize his potential and develop further. Needless to say, this kid is looking wonderful and I hope we can make a run at the next U20 with him and use him for Copa America if he continues his form.

pepinointer repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Estan sobre comentando de Hernandez en este foro.

Llevenlo de a poco, ojala se quede en el huesca cuando ascienda......Las transiciones de segunda division a primera son dificiles (preguntenle a Juanjose Narvez, Benavente etc).......Hernandez en el America en primera división no se destaco para nada como antes en el pereira..............

Si hace meritos para ser llevado a copa america, amistosos que lo hagan..........

Ahora hay mas riesgo de quemarlo.

18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah ideally he will play in a team that attacks and he'll get lots of chances to do his thing, a team like Villareal, Sevilla or even Girona or Eibar would be great but with his rights with Watford I'd imagine they would put him Udinese as the first option over those, which isn't the best in the world but they've done well with Colombians in the past and if they added a little more talent they could be mid table in Serie A next year where they probably belong.

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho titular contra Alcorcón. Con una victoria practicamente aseguran el ascenso a Primera división.

20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Asistencia de Cucho para el empate de Huesca. Buen partido pero le ha faltado intentar mas.

ryu79 repped this.
  21. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho will be playing on BEiN for those who are interested. Big game that could determine whether they make it to LaLiga directly

HomietheClown and pepinointer repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope if the get the promotion he stay with the team.....

colombianballa91 repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be cool to actually see him play on my television.

colombianballa91 repped this.
  24. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ascenso del Huesca tras ganar por 2-0 y gran partido del Cucho. Aunque no anoto fue un dolor de cabeza constante para Lugo.

ryu79 and kromekote repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer repped this.