Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i've had my share of frustrations with Muriel and have also been an advocate of his as well. i already said he is an inconsistent player, but his recent run at Fiorentina may hopefully be the catalyst for him to be a core contributor to the NT as opposed to being a fringe player which is what pekerman viewed him as. i think that is fair to say. in the france friendly he looked like he wanted to play, in one of the friendlies i saw him play (in person) looked like he didn't care and was counting the minutes before being subbed off - so i understand why you and others would not rate him highly.

and you're right about Duvan - which is something i pointed out as well. at the NT level, he hasn't shown much in terms of goals, but he has played in some high pressure situations and his performances set a foundation that he has the in-game IQ to be a performer. now that his club form has finally shown consistency, it's going to be great to see how effective he can be at the international level.

about Falcao - are you suggesting not to call him up for the friendlies?

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There is very little chance of Falcao not starting in March in my opinion.
    Queiroz has already talked about how important of a player he is and not to mention he is the team captain.

dapip repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would not start Falcao if Duvan is still scoring every other game. He is the future don’t block him because Falcao is the legend. Maybe I am more gun ho on replacing old players. Yepes was my favorite player growing up but wanted him gone before 2013. I was wrong but Yepes was a leader on the field and big game player I don’t see Falcao like a Yepes. His speed especially with guys as quick mentally as James/Quintero will be an an issue.

To me it’s a matter of time for Falcao to not be in the starting 11. To me he def needs to be called. No one else is a proven goal scorer. I just don’t want to get back to hating Zombie Falcao. When we played friendlies just so he would hit 25 goals

NT is for Colombia to win something not for X or Y player to hit a certain number. That’s why please for the love of god no more Carlos Sanchez. I know he is injured now but just posting it. I don’t care if he comes to colombia wins the 3rd copa lib with Nacional or Juniors first cup. He can’t come back ever!!

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #454 HomietheClown, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    We know your opinion on Falcao.
    It is just not realistic to expect him to be benched in March based on the evidence,
    Maybe Queiroz gives us two different Starting 11s in two different matches, but I doubt the team captain will be on the bench for either game.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sub today until the minute 82. they draw with the espanyol

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #457 pepinointer, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    He was sub agaisnt alaves.

Have been sub in the last 6 matches of Huesca

Azucarero repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ever since the weird Viral infection he really has not done much. Very odd.

Maybe he is not on the good side of the manager either.

Hopefully he is healthy and ready to show his stuff come Poland.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah i was think in that...if he isnt pivotal in this part of the season.....son loan him to the NT since now....that they have microciclos very often

Azucarero repped this.
  9. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho goal against Real Madrid!

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Beyond awesome news. Awful defending by Real

Hope he fires up before the U20 WC

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Scored on Barcelona and Madrid. Both pretty early goals too.

If only he could score on the bad teams

Froboy69, Furnaccio and Azucarero repped this.
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Scored at Barcelona and at Real Madrid. He doesn't seem to get nervy in difficult games but rather plays better, that doesn't guarantee anything but for a 19y/o it's impressive. Excited to see him at the U-20 World Cup against players his own age.

sidspaceman and pepinointer repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice to see him healthy and starting again.
    Very nice goal too.

Ray Hudson said it best, he is the size of a shotgun and is almost just as dangerous.:p

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love Ray Hudson - yesterday he said Messi has the ability to shave a mouse in it’s sleep and can light a tissue paper on fire with a flame thrower.

Yes, he’s over the top....but I love it!!

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So happy for the kid. He's the player we need for the u20 wc and Olympics....and we need those young goalscorers from the u17 to replace ours from u20...

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is still not really a certainty that he will go to Poland. Especially if Huesca wants him to be on the squad until the very last game which is only six days before the tournament in Poland. I am not sure when Reyes has to give FIFA the official roster but it is cutting it too close if Huesca sneaks in some wins here and there and gets close to being saved from relegation.

And there is still a slim possibility if he gets hot that Queiroz will say screw it, I rather have this kid in my camp than the likes of Borre, Borja, Morelos and Bacca.

A lot can happen in less than a couple months.

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'd be really surprised if they hang on until the last day, they are in a pretty big hole. But I'd hope that either way Quiroz gives him a hard look over these last few games, if others are not playing well then the COPA and senior team should take precedence, the U-20 is nice but its not the priority.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Agreed.
    Although I have a feeling Reyes is probably begging and pleading every day for Cucho to be available to him. It could mean his job if he does not do well.

And Queiroz may listen because he was once a Sub 20 manager himself and may place himself in his shoes.

But who knows what is going on behind the scenes? And it all may depend on how well he plays and where things stand at his club.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morelos being out for 4 games might take him out of the team. Tho Borre should get the shot

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I don't see Borre in Copa America. Argentine season is pretty much done and so he's running out of bullets to make the cut. His only saving grace is if he absolutely kills it in the Copa Libertadores matches left before Copa starts. I do think he offers something different upfront but he's had a real poor start this year and without Quintero feeding him thru balls he's going to have to rely on speed and strength over skill and quality.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Cucho had a really nice shot on goal with a header that was saved

Then almost immediately after that his team gives up another goal.:rolleyes:

Oh my. He just hit the right post with a violent shot.
    The ball is not bouncing his way today.

pepinointer repped this.