Jozy, Rossi: Villareal v Getafe (R) 12/6 2:00 pm EST, Gol TV

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by austieaust1, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    seen the highlights happy because altidore got full 90 and not subbed off from the comments he was kind of off guard but atleast pelligrini knows what he has to work on for altidore alot of people forget hes only 19 that header was great but patos save was better looking forward for next week

2. Swami

Swami Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Is this a joke or are you serious?

3. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    He made it up, I'm pretty sure.

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I saw the interview yesterday, he never said that....

5. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    seen the villareal show of their website and they were dissapointed jozy dint slide for the ball on the last play they said he would of made it???

6. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    All Rossi had to do was make a square pass and Jozy walks it in. If Jozy dives forward and Rossi passes, Jozy is in too deep. It is easy to second guess. You could criticize Rossi just as easily.

7. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    yea thats what i thought but they said maibe rossi dint see him .. but he could of slided just for the hell of it :eek: :rolleyes:

8. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they are saying that he should've slid for the ball, they grasping at straws. There's no way he would've reached the ball had he slid. The ball was moving to quickly and wasn't close enough to Jozy.

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Having seen Rossi a few times now, I am not all that impressed. He is a very good finisher-quick, hard and accurate shot. But he does not really make plays for others, almost at all. He does not pass particularly well. He reminds me of Raul, the Spanish striker. Definitely a good player and a good finisher, but not as outstanding a player as others of his generation. I wonder what others think of Rossi's play? ( let's leave out all the USMNT team crap.)

10. narko

narko New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's one of the best young players in the entire world.

11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    why?

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Well, here is what Sacchi said (Italy's WC Coach @ WC 94)

Sacchi: “I had known Rossi since he was 12,” recalled Sacchi, “and he had everything - the talent, the right instincts and character."

13. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how does that address what I said? A quote from Sacchi about how good Rossi was at 12?

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    U are entitled to your opinion, and I will leave @ that.