Jozy#9 and Hahnemann?: Hull City vs Wolves (8/29 15:00 GMT)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Falsify, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    This analysis is dead on.

But I think if Jozy gets 30 EPL games and stays healthy he may score 10 goals. Whether that's enough to help keep Hull from relegation remains to be seen.

Hull will need to be a largely counterattacking team in the league, and they could evolve into a pretty good one. They have some breakaway speed on the attack and can put teams under pressure. But it requires absolutely stalwart defense. Selling Turner may be very lucrative for them, but if he leaves, they are in more trouble.

The great news for USMNT fans is that, no matter what happens to Hull, Jozy WILL get 30 EPL games and by next May, if healthy, will be incredibly fit in time for the World Cup.

2. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm always a YA optimist so I will err on the positive side.

The counter-attacking style will be what helps them and the defense has to hold on. I think we will see a lot of good things from Jozy, Geovanni, Ghilas, and Hunt. Even an in-form Bullard would be more efficient than what they had yesterday.

I think those 5 players will be what separates them from the other relegations fighters. So that's at least 10 games this season where Hull shouldn't be purely outclassed and those 5 guys are more likely to make things happen.

3. packy

packy Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Correct. You could clearly see that problem from Hull, in the first game before Jozy came on.

4. scholes181818

scholes181818 Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? I laughed.

You're not trying to broker peace in the middle-east. You're on bigsoccer, and even worse you're in the YA forum.

5. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    It's ok, everybody! He laughed! Everything is all-right.

Maybe some people aren't thrilled that certain posters spew their agenda in every single thread on every single topic, completely unrelated or not.

6. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    As long as their agenda exactly matches my agenda, I'm OK with it.

7. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy's goal and assist, along with Cooper, Davies, and Donovan are featured in this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcioXnBoGM"]YouTube - (Ronald Jenkees - Dis)Oganized Fun, H Series ep 2[/ame]

The music is from YouTube sensation, Ronald Jenkees.

8. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I will tell you why Jozy is not going to score any goals:

As far as I can tell, Hull was playing a 4-3-2-1 while he was in there. Reminded me of the same set up the french would play with Henri up top. If Henri cant score in that same formation then no one can.

9. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henri has scored 48 goals for France.

10. Colombolq

Colombolq Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With you posting this so much, I have to know..... Are you Ronald Jenkees????

11. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Negative. Dude's pretty popular, I thought mentioning him may get more people interested.

But I say again, the video was only posted in the threads that included players in the video. Most, unfortunately not all, of the gameday threads were for the actual games with clips I used.

12. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time, let's post it in the most appropriate thread in the YA forum. Goal scorers video in the goal scorers list. Seems logical to me and saves the rest of us from the unnecessary spamming. ;)