Joshua "Josh" Pynadath at AZ Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 31, 2013.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    The ones about Pynadath call him talent and have his interview where he tells how he ended up in Ajax after a stop at Madrid and that he will practice harder than anyone the way Ronaldo does. Wants to win CL with Ajax and WC with USA. A nice feeling, generally.
    The rest about the team finishing second and then frustrating fans calling it failure or something.

Gacm32 and chrome_vapors repped this.
  2. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s what was reported on Twitter and on this thread

3. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just found this on twitter.

This guy is at least excited about him

Winoman and SUDano repped this.
  4. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went ahead and changed the thread title to reflect just Josh as it doesn't seem that his brother is involved in soccer anymore. If I'm wrong, please start a new thread for Jason.

Winoman and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had a video together on YouTube where you could clearly see that Joshua was the one with the Soccer talent.

6. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  7. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  8. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Very true. False alarm.

9. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s from a tournament in April.

PalmettoSpur and bballshawn repped this.
  10. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pynadath came on as a sub for the U17s:

11. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    Last month, a Swedish website published an article detailing some of Ajax's most promising youth players and included Pynadath. They interestingly hint that he might not be too far away from a professional contract.

Here is a translated version of their profile on him:

"The third link in the U17 team's attack line, then, is a very well-known team led by skilled youth coach Dave Vos. Pynadath is born in the United States, also has Indian affection. Played youth football in his country before joining Real Madrid Academy in 2013. Come 2015 to Ajax and have a nice development. Preferably play on the left side. Very fast and technical. Not signed on contract yet but it does not get far away. 2 goals for 2 U17 countries in the United States."

https://www.svenskafans.com/europa/ungdomen-har-framtiden-ajaxs-storsta-talanger-592142.aspx

12. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Today, Josh played in a friendly between Ajax u19s and Excelsior u19s. Apparently there were multiple u17s from Ajax involved, and Josh was one of them.

Had a nice little dribble, too.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Anyone have a link to a relatively recent 90 minute game for him, at any level? Every time I see highlights, I see him doing stuff where my instinctive reaction is "At some point, someone's just going to clean him out for trying that and he won't get up" and ... well, he keeps on doing it. Maybe he's just that slippery.

15. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully soon

Tom Collingsworth and bsky22 repped this.
  16. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Hopefully... I would hate to see what happens if he gets the treatment that Zyen Jones seems to be getting.

I was looking for clips of him and remembered he grew up playing basketball as well. This could help him avoid and how to take contact...

punintended_13 and Anderson11 repped this.
  17. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This makes me want him to break out even more. I love flashy point guards. :ROFLMAO:

He seems like the kind of kid who just has that transcendent athleticism and taste for flair. That guy that can pick up any sport and be serviceable at it pretty quickly. I'm curious as everyone else to see him play more than just highlights to see if there's more substance to his game than just quick feet and a bag of tricks.

I was mentioning to @ShaftBrewer that for having such a prestigious academy, Ajax academy's online presence is so dry. Wish they would at least post more highlights or something.

18. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second coming of Steve Nash? :)

19. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    That behind the back pass in between two defenders is just silly

20. I've that complaint about all Dutch clubs in their digital age content providing.
    It all looks so sparse that fans hardly have a reason to visit the club's site. I think it's stupidity from a commercial pov.

21. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Kids need to specialize at some point to get to the highest level, but Im big believer in the benefits of playing multiple sports into the teenage years. Basketball is one where many of the skills are very transferable. A kid who has played basketball at a decent level should know 90% of the basics of defending in soccer.

They are only highlights and not a lot of good (decent) defense seen, so I take with a grain of salt, but looked to have a good feel for the game. He looked to have good vision, ability to draw defenders and pass off, and take the shot or drive to the basket when finding the gaps.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I won't suggest I was particularly good at either basketball or soccer as a kid, but I loved playing both, and tried to find the best games I could get access to to see what I could handle and what I needed to get better at. During one such effort, at a pick-up basketball game, I was jokingly accused by the other guys of "playing like a soccer player." (I reckon it was either the delightfully weighted passes into space, or the Gazelles and Umbro shorts, that tipped them off.)

Winoman repped this.
  23. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would too. I wonder the kids fairs when someone bodies him up.

24. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Do you mean seeing more than highlights? we all do! @ShaftBrewer is going to hook us up shortly. No idea, but I'd bet he does fine.

He is 16 and is going through a growth phase. Check out his video from last year and when with Madrid. The progression is impressive.

Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and bsky22 repped this.