Joshua "Josh" Pynadath at AZ Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd disagree again, my opinion changes quite often, depending on what occurs. If some of my strong opinions come off definitive, I'm sorry it seems that way. Thats not the case on my end.

I'm only asking if anyone has seen this guy play or has read anything about him. I don't know why you turned that back on me. I would think thats the type of thing people would be looking for in this thread.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    OK sorry. No I haven't and will post anything I come across.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. Many youth soccer matches or highlights are posted on youtube by clubs like Feyenoord, PSV and Ajax.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the9...sh-pynadath-is-up-for-ajaxs-goal-of-the-year/

Bay Area native Joshua Pynadath is perhaps the most intriguing US youth international who’s yet to lasso all that much of the national discussion – or at least whatever discussion there is to be had about U15 players. After joining in 2013, Pynadath spent two quiet if productive years in Spain at Real Madrid’s vaunted youth academy, where he was able to play through the summer of 2015 because of his parents’ work. When his mother was reassigned through her work to Amsterdam, he caught on at Ajax (along with his younger brother), where he’s been dutifully working his way through one of the most lauded youth academies in the world. Important to note here that Ajax started a 17-year-old in the Europa League final.

5. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Very impressive video.

You can tell not all those games were at this current level, but some seemed to be. Very nice skill on the ball, dribbling, he has tricks, he's reasonably two-footed, and likes to put in crosses. From this video, I kind of question his speed and playmaking for others, although obviously not everyone will be Messi. He seems to be very talented, and should figure to be one of the best players for the U-17 cycle that starts towards the end of the year. I see some similarities to Ulysses Llanez, although he seems to lack the speed that Llanez has, and he might be a little more flashy.

7. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to question Ajax or maybe they are developing some skills, but he looks more like a central style player to me. Looks like an attacking mid to me. Very solid ball control, pretty impressive vision sending balls through as well. I like it

PalmettoSpur repped this.
  8. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Like his close control and aggression, not to mention he has very good feet. With his build he could make that jump and become faster ala Pulisic after he got to BVB.

PalmettoSpur repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats funny, he looks like only a winger to me. Didn't at all think he was a central player. Looked way too individualistic to be a central player. I was going to say he looked winger-only, but didn't want my comment to come off too critical.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  10. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We see it differently, he uses skill to get around his players and lacks elite athletic ability....sees the field well and has a great first touch. I see an attacking mid, it'll be interesting to watch him develop

11. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Is it fair to say Pynadath and Reyna are our two most exciting attacking prospects for the upcoming U-17 cycle?

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    While these are of course highlights, and I've never seen him play 90 uninterrupted minutes at any level (perhaps others here have) one thing that jumps out at me apart from the obvious stuff is how, after beating a player in picturesque fashion, his head is already up and he is already moving, rather than admiring his handiwork or looking back to make sure he's in the clear. There is a lot of flash here, but in these clips at least, it is flash with purpose.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Tillman and Alvarez as well, although I think the current assumption is that neither will play for us.

And while he's not technically an "attacker", Bello attacks. He's a LB, but he's really good going forward. He's more influential offensively than most attackers.

ChuckMe92, kba4life1 and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  14. Just as off topic info:

I read an article in Voetbal International about the Apeldoorn based FSG Academy. https://fsgacademy.com/
    Part of it is the Full Force Sports Academy (FFSA).
    It's a combination of a sports education with regular school.
    The intriguing part of it is the claim the FIFA approved the set up and thus makes it possible for kids even in primary school age to join.
    The daily schedule is a bit Spartan tbh. Day starts at 6:30 with a breakfast till 7:00. Than till 9:00 sports activity and then school. After dinner kids apparently then join the training session of their club.
    Dutch clubs, according to the article, have shown interest in joining.

15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scored a couple of times against what is probably not *the* US U16 squad:
    897544504189865985 is not a valid tweet id

Ajax O16
    Ajax O16 practiced at the Sportpark the Future against USA O16. The Amsterdam talents took out and won with no less than 9-0 of the Americans. Jaymillio Pinas, Soulyman Allouch, Dillon Hoogewerf and Joshua Pynadath scored twice. Ibrahim El Kadiri knew just once.

Race Ajax O16 - USA O16 9-0:
    '6. 1-0 Pinas
    '33. 2-0 Allouch
    '38. 3-0 Highfield
    '39. 4-0 Allouch
    '40. 5-0 Pinas
    '41. 6-0 Pynadath
    '43. 7-0 Hoogewerf
    '44. 8-0 El Kadiri
    '50. 9-0 Pynadath

https://www.ajax1.nl/ajax-jeugd-o19-wint-genk-o17-verliest-en-o16-haalt/

bballshawn, Gacm32 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Gotta say I agree, I'd be utterly shocked if our U-16's lost so badly to Ajax U-16. Didn't they beat the Netherlands U-16 a few months ago?

Gacm32 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing it's some kinda of paid tryout all-star team like "USA Future Soccer Stars."

Winoman, USSoccerNova, Gacm32 and 3 others repped this.
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just a guess -- could've been an ODP sqad. (Or, yes, any number of other things, though I tend to think that one of those pay-to-play "Team USA America" squads might not have been able to land a match against Ajax.)

Winoman repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "For an extra $1500, we can guarantee playing time against the actual Ajax Academy squad!"

Winoman and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  21. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Disregarding the actual opposition, Pynadath continues to show fantastic foot work in tight areas. This was a pretty sweet goal. His feet are so quick.

22. SCSAutism

SCSAutism Member

United States
    May 9, 2017
    #197 SCSAutism, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    wixson7, Timm, Gacm32 and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Timm

Timm Member

Fc Barcelona
    United States
    Oct 6, 2017
    I’m really excited about this kid. His soccer IQ is just off the charts. You can’t teach the type of skills this kid has....it’s just so natural.

The only flaw I see in his game is his athleticism. You need SOME level of it to succeed at the highest level. But he could carve out a nice career as an Iniesta type of player.

24. GoingGoaling

GoingGoaling Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Atlanta
    He is athletic, though. There was a clip of him playing basketball about a year ago and he was destroying kids with his lightning-quick crossover. He looks like the type of athlete that would excel at any sport, but his size is best suited to soccer.

Timm, Gacm32 and bballshawn repped this.
  25. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Yeah, his quickness and mind/body control and coordination are there. I'm guessing the poster above was referring to the fact that he's rail skinny. Muscle and strength can come with time of course, but he seems to be just as thin as he was last year.

This is all very nitpicky though. His skills are super high level, very exciting prospect

Timm repped this.