Joshua "Josh" Pynadath at AZ Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 31, 2013.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  2. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It even has decent music. What on Earth is going on here?

jwat15 repped this.
  4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I don't believe I have ever seen such a creative winger that young.

5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i know nothing, but that looked like an outrageously smooth first touch

6. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Kid has some lightning fast feet and phenomenal close control.

7. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #157 chrome_vapors, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Ajax regularly upload highlights and match footage of their U15's to youtube he should be fairly easy to keep track of.
    A couple of the other wingers are kind of mistakable in appearance and Ajax also rotate squad numbers. Joshua wears 7 when he starts at RW and 11 on the LW. Random number in the teens in his substitute appearances.

Kid has the potential to be special. Phenomenal technique and creativity but its the lateral quickness, balance and coordinative abilities that really stand out. His understanding of 1v1 situations and how to use those tools also look to be exceptional. Legit dual footed and a threat to either shoot or cross on both wings too.

8. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    A lot to be excited about from that video. Good touch, slick moves, nice interchanging, and effective use of both feet. I'm glad to see he isn't physically developed, as that makes his clowning of his marks all the more impressive. He's skinnier and smaller than most kids in that video so when he catches up physically, that will really bode well.

I'd imagine he'll be one of the stars and mainstays for the next U-17 cycle

9. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Somebody say something about his height already

Anderson11 repped this.
  10. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    You forgot to ask how much does he bench press?

jwat15 repped this.
  11. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that he said he modeled his play after Ronaldo. I'd love for an American to model himself after Messi. Actually, he doesn't have to model himself like Messi, just play like Messi. You know what's even better? 10-20 Messis. We should just develop them.

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That's why we need to send all our young players to Holland, where Messis come from.

Lookingforleftbacks, Winoman and pwip repped this.
  13. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    skills like that, height don't matter!

14. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the guy with a Freddy Adu related username and profile pic...

15. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

freddy is obviously no hero, nor is he one to aspire to; rather a cautionary tale for player and fan alike. he never stood (that we know of) on european street corners freestyling, nor was he ever at the books at real madrid, nor at ajax. this kid ain't actually a flukey and hopefully we'll never see any sponsored swiffer posts on his instagram.

with those two clubs on his resume and on the straight and narrow, he's already had arguably a better career than freddy, minus the handfuls of millions and senior caps and chick pics.

16. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I'll take 'em if you don't want 'em.

18. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
  19. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Left footed cross right on the money, with a defender draped on him, for the assist. Then a right footed rocket for a goal. Be still, my beating heart

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Do we know how he does on a regular basis?

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We know on 2 occasions he looked very good. Unless you have the Ajax U15 streaming sports package how is anyone suppose to watch all his games?

22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe there's an Ajax youth account on twitter that gives reports?

All I'm saying is that if we knew he's scoring and assisting regularly, that would make me feel more optimistic that he's a promising player. Anyone can have have a nice game. That tells us nothing.

23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I knew there was a subtext to your seemingly innocuous question. Of course we don't know. And that's OK. You seem to want to make definitive conclusions on youth players based on a hint of information. Twitter reports do not help. Let him be whom ever he is and at some point in the near future we will be able to watch some games with our own eyes and fairly have something to evaluate all the possibilities of him becoming a top player. Until then ignorance is bliss.

frankburgers repped this.
  24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree. I don't see the problem with having extra information, and I'm making no inferences about this kid, good or bad until I know more. With limited time, you can't visit every thread on the website. There are many threads of youth players I probably haven't opened in a year, the same for senior players who I'm not particularly that interested in their club form. And I fully realize it would be silly to make any definitive conclusions about a 14/15 year old kid, but I'd like to know if there's any preliminary conclusions that can be made that can guide my decisions whether I visit this thread, whether I spend any time looking for Ajax U-15 highlights, read Ajax forums, etc.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  25. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Go for it. Go look for all the information you want for the sheer joy of it. But you can't tell me you wouldn't (or haven't) then turned into what fans say or from highlights all very limited information into a definitive scouting report of his future development. You do it on many players. Its your thing. Its OK to own it. Its why people like your posts. You have a take and then hold onto it no matter what other posters say.