Joshua "Josh" Pynadath at AZ Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 31, 2013.

1. AggieGooner18

AggieGooner18 New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Here is a video of Joshua showing off his impressive coordination and foot speed.

He turns 15 in less than a month. Obviously it is still way too soon in his development to put any sort of expectations on his potential to make an impact at an international (or even full club) level. That being said, I'm curious as to whether any posters on this board recall such a young yank with this sort of skill set.

Although I can't think of an appropriate American comparison, his flair and foot speed at this age remind me of Hachim Mastour, the young AC Milan player currently on loan at Malaga.

Anyway, this kid is definitely a unique talent in our player pool.

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Probably two years too early to tell how he compares to the rest of his age group.

I think at the U-17 level, you can start to tell who are some of the better prospects in an age group, although obviously its just the beginning of assessment on them. We saw last U-17 cycle with CP, Wright, Zendejas, DLT, etc. that some are starting to emerge as some of the better players in US youth soccer and we are seeing it again this cycle.

Thats around the age where the very best are close to the first team of their first team (maybe within 6-18 months away), depending on the team they are playing at. Its around the age when the games become more visible to the fans and when the media starts talking about these players, so probably two years from now will be a good starting point to start judging how good Josh Pynadath is.

gtstock and AggieGooner18 repped this.
  3. AggieGooner18

AggieGooner18 New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed. Trying to predict what kind of pro career a 15 year old may have is a fool's errand. However, I do think it is possible to evaluate a player's potential (against his peers) at this stage.

For example, it is pretty clear that more than a few posters on this board have regarded Andrew Carlton as one of the more exciting 2000 prospects for a while now. This is presumably because they believe they see considerable potential in the player. AC is only eight months older than Pynadath.

The reason I bring this up is because from the limited tape we have on Joshua I think he has shown an ability to play with a certain individuality that not many American youths have shown at the same age. Regardless of how things work out for the kid, his style of play is something I think US fans want to see more of at all levels.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think you have the birth dates wrong. The internet tells me that Pynadath was born in February of '02, Carleton was born in June of '00. Pynadath is about a cycle behind Carleton, just as Carleton was a cycle behind Pulisic. I'm really don't disagree with what you are saying, I just think most people really don't start caring at all who's the best until at the least the U-17 level, which presumably Pynadath won't reach until late 2017.

5. AggieGooner18

AggieGooner18 New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ah, yes. He turns 14 this month. Thanks for the correction

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    And it's more about the age (and quality) of the competition than the age of the player that gives you a good basis to judge them.

7. AggieGooner18

AggieGooner18 New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, but that is another reason this player's development is notable. He has been with Real Madrid's academy and is currently apart of the setup at Ajax.

8. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    For comparison sake:

AggieGooner18 repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, I didn't even want to bother watching those highlights because he's still 13, but he's just schooling those kids bad. Hopefully he continues to get better.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  12. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    perhaps it was great goalkeeping and I don't know if I'd necessarily classify 9 shots with 6 on goal per game "loads"

It's enough to satisfy the coach (depending on level of competition) but it's not like an onslaught

13. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Alright, a good amount of chances. Plus, I'm sure there were a fair share of half chances in there without getting a shot away. I. E. The final pass being a little off, getting closed down before you shoot, having shots blocked, etc.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Gotta respect the commitment to imaginary match analysis. To heck with stats -- now we're using things that weren't even on the scoresheet but probably happened to some hypothetical degree!

;)

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The score made the stats look like we played very well.

16. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You know I try my best, Dave. ;) but in all seriousness, I'll just admit my stupidity, and crawl back out of this thread and observe from afar lol

17. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't do that, this thread should definitely focus primarily on ancillary stuff for a few more years

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    There's no place for seriousness here. Stick around.

chrome_vapors and Winoman repped this.
  19. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I tried doing a search on Josh Pynadath but didn't find much. Do we know anything about where he is?

20. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confirmed: Joshua Pynadath is with Ajax U-15 (C1) on the bench today.

21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman, bballshawn and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    What number is he and when was the goal scored?

24. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure but 11 & 15 were the best two players out there for Aiax....that 11 has some serious quicks and ball control....needs to work on his first touch a little but he looked effective

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States