Josh Gable on trial at Lazio?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say this? Why should he be considered for the Olympics? Where is he now?

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU"]YouTube - Public Enemy-Don't Believe The Hype[/ame]

3. DC_Davies09

DC_Davies09 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yo don't get ahead of yourself about the Olympics. Gable just needs to do his thing no matter where he's at. Don't hate on our fellow american brother and then time will tell.

4. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No hating just asking. You can't come in here and post things like he deserves a look for the Olympics when he has accomplished nothing to this point. We all hope he does big things we really do. However, if you dont want the "hate" then do not post ridiculous things.

5. DC_Davies09

DC_Davies09 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed. Wish him the best.

6. DC_Davies09

DC_Davies09 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That might be a cover up bc I also heard he just had a bad attitude in Denmark aswell but damn the kid played at Lazio (assuming they let him go after failing to break into the first team or he just left idk) and a big team from belgium was interested so he must be doing something right. I think that website just offers to market players bc from what I know Gable isn't tide to any agent.

7. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    The "reserve" teams in Italy are really the primivera teams which are for players under the age of 21. The profile says he is 21 so Lazio probably didn't feel he was good enough for the first team and let him go. Its pretty common in Italy most get released and work their way up from the lower leagues.

As for the website the guy is an agent and is obviously marketing players because that is what agents do. One of the other Americans Jamal Geathers on the site recently trialed with a team in Ireland.

8. DONTREADONME_USA

DONTREADONME_USA Red Card

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    How about less time chasing models and more time getting an actual contract playing soccer that pays a salary and offers playing time?

10. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take the SI Swimsuit model

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  11. DONTREADONME_USA

DONTREADONME_USA Red Card

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    sorry. here is an image of her.

[​IMG]

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I see your point, Brian, but if he thinks he's hangin' onto THAT without a pro footballers' salary, he's as naive as some of the posters here.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Its easy to get your first SI Swimsuit Model, but can he get his second SI Swimsuit Model is really the question. That proves true greatness. :)

14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Preach.

You should have heard Elle MacPherson turn me down because she didn't take Angie Everhart's sloppy seconds.

15. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Or you can look at it in the respect of, if he doesnt turn pro...the SI Model would sure be a nice consolation.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    If he doesn't turn pro he can say goodbye to the SI Swimsuit models. That's the only reason a model dates a soccer player is the potential he becomes a rich pro.

One of my favorite Seinfeld lines:

Elaine: What? you're breaking up with me? But I sacrificed and supported you while you struggled. What about my dream of dating a doctor?

Ben: I'm sorry, Elaine. I always knew that after I became a doctor, I would dump whoever I was with and find someone better. That's the dream of becoming a doctor.

17. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Ohh, so you're thinking realistically?

18. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    He appears to be, or have recently been, a kicker in something called Indoor Football, which is a variation of American football apparently not to be confused with Arena Football.

True story!

Winoman and HartwickFan repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Some new club called England Patriots are apparently looking at him. Anyone know what level that is?

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For a reminder that the New England Patriots look for talent in unconventional places, consider the story of kicker Josh Gable.

The Nebraska native didn’t play football in college but has been crushing it for the Nebraska Danger of the Indoor Football League. Now the Patriots are scheduled to take a look.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...-look-at-trick-shot-kicker-with-unusual-story

superdave and beamish repped this.
  21. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    So you're saying he didn't make it at Lazio?

bshredder and Starman* repped this.
  22. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Apparently it's below SPL level - lots of kicking and running. He'd be better off in MLS;)

Winoman repped this.
  23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    He's apparently now getting a look from Indianapolis. (The Colts, not the Eleven.)

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hear they have to share their stadium with a soccer team, so they can't be too big a deal. ​

The Irish Rover and Winoman repped this.
  25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    UniversalAdvice repped this.