Joseph Gyau

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by So_Cal23, Jun 27, 2010.

1. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why are people "haters"? I don't think anybody would deny that Joseph's father had a lot to do with his success. But it takes a lot more than just technical ability to be a pro and by all accounts he still had a lot to learn (as any kid his age would) after leaving residency. He learned it, good for him.

If Phillip Gyau is such a great coach - and he's coached at some of one of the premier clubs in the country and at some big high schools - where are all the other pros he's trained up?

Keep in mind though, at this point Joseph Gyau hasn't done anything we haven't seen out of a number of other US players that have shown just as much promise, sometimes at much bigger clubs; Jovan Kirovski, Lee Ngyuen, Danny Karbassiyoon, Jonathan Spector, Freddy Adu...

This next step is the really hard one.

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Not the first.

Joy Biefeld Fawcett is one of the greatest US players ever, earning 239 caps, and winning two women's Cups and two Olympic gold medals and one silver.

Her brother, Eric Biefeld, was a member of UCLA's 1985 championship team and won a pair of caps from the senior team in 1986.

3. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I guess it's pretty much the same difference as between a talented highschool student and Nobel Price winners. It still takes many years of hard work to get to their level, and confidence about being talented doesn't take you anywhere. The ridiculous comparison between Gyau and these players is a very good example for that. Gyau is still just one of hundreds of young players in German reserve teams, not the next incarnation of Messi, Maradona or whoever.

4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mysterious posters coming out of the woodwork and taking umbrage at Joseph Gyau's "haters", again? This is very 2008.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/ame]

5. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please list examples of people proclaiming him to be the next Messi or Maradona. I understand you're here to curb expectations of young Americans in Germany, but your act is getting tired and progressively more ignorant. The USA's an emerging soccer country with a talented young player at a relatively successful European team. Most are excited for his potential and his progression so far, but stop misconstruing this excitement as blind optimism that he will be the next ballon d'or winner.

6. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I'm just here to talk about soccer.
    Well, nobody proclaimed him to be the next Messi or Maradona literally; but do you agree with posters who put the name of a then-16 year old boy next to Messi et al to claim that it's a good idea for this boy to believe in his "ability"?
    Please rather discuss the player, not my intentions.

7. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    No. In Fact, only you and trophy case are serious. serious German.

and you don't need to cool down usa fans' expection at usa fans' forum in order to show you Germany is a great soccer island with so many talent. We all know it, but with what you say, it becomes boring.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fierce reaction to what wasn't even strong criticism is kind of sad guys.