Jose Pekerman - DT de Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by minus, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Aguero since long time ago isnt important for argentina

Di Maria is so crtiiziced becuase his bad performance

Sampaoli said that he wanted mascherano as cb, then mascherano in an interview saifd that he wante to play always as 5........and mascherano won.

Sampaoli dont have character to took out messi friends, but to insult athe salary of ppor police while he is drunk.,....

Higuain should be out too

Sampaoli discarded Dybala saying that he doesnt adapt to the system........what system???

For me is joke of coach.........If argentina will have a succes isnt going to be because of him. and wont happen if he keeps calling messi friends.....

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually Urguay without suarez at the beggining of the wcq was the best team.

Tabarez is another very good coach

Doogs and dapip repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    What the hell does that have to do with it? Croatia created chance after chance and if they didn't have a completely new and inexperienced front 3 would have scored 4, Osorio prepared a game plan and was all over the place and the things that the coach could control looked horribly bad. Stop looking at the results on paper and watch how teams play and how they perform over a large sample size, many Mexican commentators think the same thing voice the same problems, they have no set core and the players are moved out of position and look uncomfortable over and over again and he keeps doing it.

Osorio strikes me as the type of coach that always wants to look like a genius and always wants the plaudits. He's a smart guy and I don't knock him for trying things and being brave, but sometimes you have to simplify and get the basics down first before you try to go to Pep Guardiola levels, maybe with a club team he'd have more success but at international level you just don't have enough time to train and teach and get your team drilled to make such large changes game to game.

Doogs, krass, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    some people wanna take things to the extreme here.
    Pekerman has done great things for us of course. so we cant say that he is all BS

but then you have another set of folks here who think he is infallible and can do no wrong. Pekerman has put in little work after Brazil im sorry. Last WCQ the team did not play well. we had some serious lack of game in a lot of instances and it took him a while to start changing things up.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1955 pepinointer, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Man , Pekerman have made a lot of mistakes and i have hated some decisions of him....

But actually i think that he have worked more after brasil than before....dont confuse results, good play with results.....

But man i dont understand lwhy you say ittle work after 2014:

I know that you dont like anayse context....but please read.

1. He had to renew the whole defense...a defense built with guys that was on the NT for 15 years, 11 years, 10 years and 7 years.........unluckily he had to replace all the cbs with newbies that debuted in professional football in this decade....because Pinto, Lara and Bolillo....get lost a complete generation of cbs (2005-2010) because they prefered to called old guys like pepe portocarrero, walter moreno.....in that period were ignored young players of that time like alexis henriquez, andres gonzalez, de la cuesta, tavima .......with one of them the transition would be easer for this wcq for example

Yeah build a NEW DEFENSE is difficult and more with risky gambles

Mina when was in santa fe was called up for first time, Davinson when was in Nacional.........Other bets failed like franco, pacho meza.

Is important for the furture of the nt that since young the players get matches with the NT......

2. In midcamp for wcq 2014 there was a core of veteran players with established situation on their clubs: sanchez (valenciennes and elche) aldo (morelia), abel (toulouse and coruña), guarin (porto and inter), valencia (santos) all starters..........then suddenly after the world cup all went to shit........sanchez sub for two season in aston villa, guarin decreased his level until the point that he was sold to china, aguilar sub in portugal, aldo old, valencia injury prone..........then the newbies that arrived , at the 6 months of beign called get shit.......Dani torres in alaves, Perez in Boca, Cuellar (horrible first year in flamengo), Celis arrived to Benfica and never played again.....

3. He had to deal during two and three season with the bad moments in their clubs of their two best players.....our only world class players.

Yeah you can say that the team have problems, that the game of the team is not fluently always....but that is no equivalent to “no work“...........actually when results are got it despite all obstacles and problems is when are have been work.........

Now is easy to say that all the new guys are “cracks“ but that is because someone get into the NT and knew to used.........

kromekote, dapip and Baal88 repped this.
  6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look I don’t hate him. Think he done great the 1st 3 years and questionable last 3. Hope he helps us win our 1st World Cup.

Just some of you worship this dude more then my grandma does Jesus.

He makes mistakes or we play bad it can’t be his fault. We win on the fulkiest goal ever or James/Cardona Carry the team to a lucky win. The it’s because of the pure genius of the chosen one Pekerman

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont confuse good times with lack of work....

as i said he have mader mistakes, i have called idiot, i have hated him because his sanchez dependency, his bad use of barrios and uribe...

But he received a nt with dinosaurs and newbies.....because pinto, bolillo and lara lost 5 years of NT.....in other words they killed a generation and the damnifies were the team of this wcq..........

8. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think we keep going around in circles. All of you're saying is not news. I just dont agree with you.I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. it seems like you have a hard time with people saying no to you.

You think he is infallible and thats fine. i think he hasn't work like he should have. and how could i not take results seriously?! the results are that.. the result of what you have done and we played like shit in a lot of moments bc he did not put in the work, it took him over a year to start chaning. He was still calling Armero after he showed to not have the level. (kinda like Abel now)

Pekerman ********ed up in a lot of games where he had to make changes in the first half and a lot of the players called are dubious. specially with Pascual Lezcano mistreating colombians and making a buck on our name.

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t think anyone here worships him like you think people do but everyone here is pretty consistent with pekerman’s critiques and accomplishments.

Previous managers have unnecessarily used the NT as a revolving door for players while pekerman has done a good job of keeping the core team in tact while bringing in new faces.

Prior managers would have probably pulled the plug on Uribe after that Bolivia game but pekerman kept him integrated in the core team game after game and boom he earned his colors after playing with a level of composure and maturity against France and Australia.

Everyone here will agree that the 2015 copa America was a poor follow up from the World Cup but all things considered we only allowed 1 goal in 4 games and played scrappy fútbol with a roster lacking in fitness. Our attack lacked cohesion but the right team was assembled for that tournament

Same thing in CA 16. Some of our key guys lacked match fitness going in that tournament but pekerman kept a core group together while putting in some new faces. While we were unable to execute and finish off certain teams with more of an exclamation point, pekerman did call the right team for that tournament.

WCQs. A roller coaster ride for not just us but for every other team except Brazil under tite. Our ride had several challenges such as James missing a few games; bacca’s gradual disappearance and falcao’s return to form and a rotating door of midfielders that eventually led to Abel/roca being reUnited.

Our offense was not clinical nor was our possession pretty but our scrappiness kept us alive and we proved to be quite resilient despite missing key players on more than one occasion. Every WCQ we had the right roster - I can’t recall any instances where pekerman left someone off the roster.

Colombia was without falcao for essentially 3 years (2013-2016) and we were without James for 4 games during WCQs and we never melted down. Our worst game was probably the 3-0 win by Argentina and that was primarily bc we were with both hands tied behind our back for that game and went with players that game that you simply don’t see playing today.

My personal grade for pekerman these past two friendlies was a solid B+ ... i only wish he played duvan in both games and gave Mojica some time against France. The Mina/Murillo sub probably hurt someone else’s playing time.

Crzd - I really enjoy your thought process and I totally get your point with most of your posts but I’m glad you’re not Argentinian. The AFA is so f’d up and with the team being “Messi and friends” I would love to be in another universe where you were argentine being critical of a NT where Diego Maradona is the manager or being a fan of a team that pushes out their top playmaker (Riquelme) or has strikers such as Agüero, Higuaín, Messi and tevez but can only win games 1-0.

10. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who is here arguing other wise?!

11. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    why do people keep bringin up how sorry we were in the years before to justify his shit and not critique him

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hah, this is the point: you never read, please tell me when i said that he is infallible or that i think that..please dont lie about my statements. learn to read others, not just discard because that person isnt chering your "populist statement".

Man this is a forum where people argue, so if somebody thinks that your argument is falacious or not enoughs is probably tjat they answered......so you will have replys

I never said that pekerman is infalibnle, i have critiziced and i m the first to accused pekerman bad decisions ......in my post i said that pekerman made a lo of mistakes, related with a lot of players. so dont ridiculize my opinion with lies

You ignored and selected facts..and then say that is an opinion.

Yeah the Pascual Lezcano issue........yeah keep listening and repeat carlos antonio velez statements...at least are more populist and easiers to get

tell me who is the pascual lezcano player of the last called up: mina, davinson, izquierdo? barrios? who is yout nominee? lerma?

is ridiculous to say that renew a whole defense , is lack of work.

is ridiculous to ignore all the problems in the clubs of the players in a certain position..

yeah but is more populist to repeat the lizcanl argument and to say if the team doesnt play well is lack of work.

ps: armero only was called in 2017 after his last called up 2015; when he was playing in bahia as starter with good rates in brasil..........at the moment fabra was sub of silva in boca and farid in bad level in nacional (THIS IS A FACT) you cant say " i disagree"

Read others and dont invent thoughts of the orther person than dont agree with you

facts are not the same as opinions.

isnt like " colombia quailfy to the wc " and you say "i disagree"

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    man you dont know to read or you dont want

people dont have to repeat your populist opinion always. all not is white and black.

read whole post of others, not just quote the sentence that you dont agree.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Es que la verdad parece que extraer las palabras de carlos antonio velez y patron bermudez para criticar a pekerman es facil....

15. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    someone doesnt know what populist means...

fair enough. you have said shit about pekerman. lets move one from that.

I dont listen to CAV. never have actually.
    however i do have to take what people with access say about Lezcano bc thats their job. thats kinda how journalism works. Who am i gonna trust? you?
    players with ties with certain teams have been called in really dubious terms. Castillo from the MLS or this Cantillo guy... suspicious. but forget that. he treats our ppl like shit and makes a buck on our name. if youre' fine with that thats cool. i personally dont like that

yeah, renew the team..wayyyy too late. like a year late. im glad he did but he kinda had too. If you put in work in the team then the results show. We had a lot of shit results and have played much differently since Brazil. YES, individuallities have sucked and thats why you find new players. Pekerman didnt do that and it took him a year to start doing so. Results are important whter you like it or not. not sure how else we can measure a team

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMG_20180328_224053.jpg In other news:

Pekerman completed yesterday 100 matches in national teams

at least we have celebrates the double than the times that we have cries

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    oh you are coherent...

so you said that pekerman dont look players:

Then he called Cantillo one of the best midfielders f 2017 electes in xi of the colombia football. with good performances in libertadores and sudamericana. and you say is suspicious......ah ok you are coherent. so dont call more new players because are lezcano...

Castillo was part of youth teams of the NT since 2017...he played in 2011 wc.

Here in bigsoccer the people that follow the player said he was in great level in dallas.....

Man the facta said that pekerman looked in all the lines NEW PLAYERS. at least 30...
    .isnt an opinion is A FACT. you cant disagree.

To tell that he didnt looked players is false. evidence is there

Yeah the populist opinion, is the easiest one...

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A continuación todas las nominas que uso Pekerman, buscando nuevos jugadores despues del mundial 2014. que por suerte @Furnaccio tiene.

Yo la verdad veo minimo 30 jugadores debutando en todas las lineas......laterales por las dos bandas, centrales, volantes,

Decir que no se probaron ni se buscaron nuevos jugadores es FALSO.

Y no es algo que se puede decir “ i disagree“ la evidencia y los hechos hablan por si solo.......

El que no quiera tener en cuenta los hechos es por que simplemente los ignora a su conveniencia

Azucarero repped this.
  19. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dude i dont like CAV.
    once again. you dont seem to know what populist is.

yeah, he called new players bc he kinda had to no? i already said that and like also already said we are just going around incircles and this is getting kinda boring.

You dont want to look at results and thats fine. FACTS are things like not beating a top team at home. and just like we got into the WC we could of been out. those are just FACTS. Lezcano is a piece of shit who makes money on us. he treats our ppl like shit if you're cool with that thats fine too. we just have to learn to disagree which you seem to have a hard time accpeting

villus repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dont take all.personally , thr tweet message wasnt direct to you.

it was in general.

the lezcano.is a myth...which player was promoted by him? who saif the colombian press that doesnt receive news of the team....

yeah all the team that participated in a tournament should the risk of qualify or not qualify......yeah that we were close to the 5th is true....and also close to the 4th.

21. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    i kind of had to think of this

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we can move on with that subject when everyone's opinion here is cristal clear. No need just to add fuel here. Come on, let's move on with the topic.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    but people should know what is an opinion...

yeah but if for punctual facts that happened.......you can say "i disagree , ais your opinio"

in that order of ideas:

Colombia won to france ....i disagree

The age of a player....i disagree

Pekerman have proved these certain number of players for that position....i disagree

Pibe is from israel...."that is yout opinion"

that was the same "troll " argument thhat in the past was uses by "vforvendetta" and other trolls of this forum.

so be careful......

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha Pep I though you were the Vforvedetta one haha

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That guy sent me pms threating me after two years he was suspended.